Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

AC3 is the worst Game of the Franchise

This is a discussion on AC3 is the worst Game of the Franchise within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; I'll be the first to admit I was disappointed with AC3 because of its pacing. It took 8 hours to ...

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

I'll be the first to admit I was disappointed with AC3 because of its pacing. It took 8 hours to finally play as a full grown Connor and even then, the story missions I was on were training points that the first 3 games did very well in less than an hour. Everything is elongated in Assassin's Creed 3 because there's a real conversation before, in the middle and after the mission. I am giving it a second chance now and I find myself getting lost in the universe again. What was once a disappointing game, is becoming a solid experience.

And I'll tell you why:

1) The game is beautiful; I have spent hours just exploring the city or the frontier, climbing rocks, trees, hunting. Whether it'd be snow, rain, night or sunshine, this game is stunning and I have "wasted" hours upon hours just taking it all in.

2) For a game this big, I have yet to encounter one bug or glitch. I just started Sequence 9 so hopefully I didn't jynx myself, but this is a mark of a developer that cared for its product. I've heard others having glitches, but in my experience so far, I am very happy with the technical side of the game.

3) Connor is starting to grow on me; just like Ezio did. Ezio was a prick in the beginning and he grew to be a real assassin. Yes, the story is so-so, but when has the story in AC been its strong point? What I like about AC3 is that Ubisoft took the chance to explore the grey area between templars and assassins. The first three games were black and white; assassins are good and templars are bad. In AC3, Connor's actions for the assassins make him doubt himself and the brotherhood, and that doubt has been transmitted to me. I am starting to get emotionally attached to the game and some of the characters, and I value emotional connection in my gaming experience a whole lot.

I think people had massive, and I mean massive, expectations for this game and at the end of the day it turned out to be just another game. I think it's subjective in that is it a great game or a decent game, but I don't think it's a bad one. People are over-exaggerating based on their initial expectations. There are a lot of things that AC3 does right and for that I don't think it's the worst game in the franchise.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Of course it doesn't feel like the previous games, because then it would be Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

If you stick to only main missions and skip all the extra ones, then A) you're an idiot, and B) well, no A sums it up pretty well.
    If 50 hours for 100% completion is short, then yeah, it's pretty short. Especially when previous entries where so much longer (AC1 - 15-20hrs, AC2 - 20-25hrs).

Oh no, I have to gamble between $0 and $100 to play a game that is only necessary to earn trophies. If only I had several thousand dollars to spare because I wasn't an idiot that skipped all the side missions or chances to find treasure.

His name (native american) is 'Ratonhnhaké:ton'. Now say that 3 times, really fast. If you bothered to pay the game any attention, you'd know that he has an 'adopted' name so that he won't get treated like crap by racist colonists, a totally reasonable justification. You think Frat-boy Joe is gonna be able to pronounce 'Ratonhnhaké:ton'? I don't think so.

For the record, I completely finished the game (100% in ~50 hours), and not once did I encounter a glitch.

I also happen to agree that this game was certainly not as good as it could have been, but for REAL reasons, like that I didn't care about, or for, Connor as a character, or that Desmond's story has become so melodramatic that it's just annoying.

TLDR;
    Don't play half a game and then winge about it for superficial or trivial reasons (seriously, you think it's the worst game of the year because you didn't have enough money to play tic-tac-toe?).
    Well it definitely takes the cake for the most boring game I've played in 2012.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I thought that Acr was the worst game in the entire franchise. Acr had a decent storyline but according to me the gameplay was bad. I mean those shitty tower defense games,fps puzzles for desmond,bombs which were useless and not needed for a ac game. Also it was the same gameplay from ac2 and acb. I liked Ac3 but not as much as i liked Ac2 because Connor did not have the same charm was ezio. In fact i Loved Haytham in Ac3 more than connor and felt that ubisoft should have let u play as haytham throughout the game and end it off with haytham being a templar. how cool would that have been. Ac3 had great gamelay, and alot of things to do even though some of them were boring instead of being fun. Story was okay i thought but i preferred the renaissance era in ac2. I also didnt face many glitches so i was happy.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramieh View Post
    This Game was for me a failured, its just dosent feel like the previous games, is really a short game is you stick only to the main missions, the board games are just to damm hard and boring i mean what where they thinking making us pay 60$ to play nime mens morris or fonomora ... i cant stop thinking how good this could have been, they just when the wrong even selecting the name of the assasing, connor which is not his real name ... , i am pretty shure that there is pretty badass indian name but i guest they thought something else, and what about you father templar moving and fighting like a assasing ... this game just get stupid i dont want o get into the chasing of the stupid flying pages , ill really hope they make thing go right on the next game and will be awesome if they tested the freaking game before released, is just get you mad that every ubisoft game come whit the gift of 3 or more glitches per game
    Well you got the platinum, so my question is why did you platinum a game that was boring and you didn't like it, you dirty dirty trophy whore

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    I thought that Acr was the worst game in the entire franchise. Acr had a decent storyline but according to me the gameplay was bad. I mean those shitty tower defense games,fps puzzles for desmond,bombs which were useless and not needed for a ac game. Also it was the same gameplay from ac2 and acb. I liked Ac3 but not as much as i liked Ac2 because Connor did not have the same charm was ezio. In fact i Loved Haytham in Ac3 more than connor and felt that ubisoft should have let u play as haytham throughout the game and end it off with haytham being a templar. how cool would that have been. Ac3 had great gamelay, and alot of things to do even though some of them were boring instead of being fun. Story was okay i thought but i preferred the renaissance era in ac2. I also didnt face many glitches so i was happy.
    Bombs were useless? Are you for real?

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    Well you got the platinum, so my question is why did you platinum a game that was boring and you didn't like it, you dirty dirty trophy whore
    Or you could look at it as they experienced the majority that the game offered before forming a conculsion, which happened to earn them trophies. People sometimes want to finish something when they have nothing else to chase, or can't afford another game right away.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    Bombs were useless? Are you for real?
    yup i didnt use it the only reason i used it was for the trophy or something cant remember. i thought it was not needed for a ac game

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ac3 is great, but i do understand this trend of "every new game sucks and the previous are great" i guess and half joking when black flag is out people will reset and say Ac3 was great but Ac4 black flag sucks xD human behaviour...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

AC3 IS THE WORST OF THE FRANCHISE, at least to me. It is slow, mind numbingly boring as fuck and so goddamn glitchy at times it is unplayable until I clear out the files.

What I was expecting and what I got WHERE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS.

If you like the game GREAT, but to me it doesn't deserve the AC title, it is one of the worst games Ive played this year.

JUST MY OPINION.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I'm just gonna guess that the OP didn't play Altair's Chronicles...

The Deathly Rhythm

I gotta say AC series was getting weak since Brotherhood..I was in denial back in the day but it is...AC3 straight killed the series for me (especially the ending.. LIKE WTF!)
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    I gotta say AC series was getting weak since Brotherhood..I was in denial back in the day but it is...AC3 straight killed the series for me (especially the ending.. LIKE WTF!)
    I agree that Brotherhood started the downward spiral for the series, and 3 was a major letdown (I'm a huge history buff, or at least was, and then I got a few concussions, and was excited to see what they could do with the time period) however, I must stand by my original statement in that Altair's Chronicles was the worst game in the series, as I've played most, if not all, of the games in the series (haven't played any of the games for mobile devices or facebook).

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Seemed to me like it had so many features that none of them got the refinement and attention they deserved. Honestly, almost everything in the game is fantastic in theory/concept, but having their attention spread so thin cost Ubisoft a lot of ground with this one.

It could have been a great game and after five years of their work and our playtime and feedback, it should have been. Ultimately, I think that's the problem: there's no excuse for AC3 to have been such a letdown.
    The Government's actions against us can't be solely blamed on them. We have chosen a chaotic way of life. We have chosen comfort over conviction and our motivations are superficial at best. Reason and understanding can't Govern a society in this condition, so they are left with the choice of manipulation.

Currently Playing: Heavy Rain
    Image courtesy of planetminecraft.com

Banned

Wow. Is this thread for real?

All of the Assassin's Creed games are very good for some reasons and they all have their bad parts.

Getting so upset over a video game that it appears to have broken the caps lock buttons everywhere and made some resort to calling other people names is pretty sad. It's good to have opinions; just don't try and cram them down other peoples' throats.

...and seriously, AC1 wasn't the worst?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Obviously you didn't play the story to be asking Q's. The thing that killed it for me was the endless amount of glitches (It was fix for the most part). I also wouldn't say this is the worst in the series, but in my Opinion the 1st Assassin's Creed is hands down the worst because of broken gameplay and poor voice acting (Altair). A remake is needed of the 1st that's how bad it is.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Revelations and 1 were equally bad for me.

Ranked from best to worst:
    AC2, ACB, AC3, ACR/AC1
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

I was actually going to start on this..and I'm glad I read this thread first. Maybe....I'll wait. Like others have said, I've played and got the plat on all of them thus far - I really enjoy the series. But I'm not really in the mood for a 'boring grind' (also why I haven't poppped Ni No Kuni in!) But...it looks like this is going to be a back burner game. I'm not terribly upset regardless - since I picked the game up for $17 on gamefly...
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 8 - Gold

AC3 killed my interest in the series. Lazy writing and glitches are just some of the things that put me off.

I make lego out of you!

iv been playing it for awhile now, you can notice a little lag in new york & boston & I think the story/gameplay is way too quick, not to mention the combat is so ridiculously easy! :]
    Making plat cards

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Some people just need to ride the short bus. Ubisoft is one of the leading developer's so of course like you hate on Ubisoft, haters gonna hate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast