Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AC3 is the worst Game of the Franchise

This is a discussion on AC3 is the worst Game of the Franchise within the Assassin's Creed III forum, part of the A; This Game was for me a failured, its just dosent feel like the previous games, is really a short game ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

AC3 is the worst Game of the Franchise

This Game was for me a failured, its just dosent feel like the previous games, is really a short game is you stick only to the main missions, the board games are just to damm hard and boring i mean what where they thinking making us pay 60$ to play nime mens morris or fonomora ... i cant stop thinking how good this could have been, they just when the wrong even selecting the name of the assasing, connor which is not his real name ... , i am pretty shure that there is pretty badass indian name but i guest they thought something else, and what about you father templar moving and fighting like a assasing ... this game just get stupid i dont want o get into the chasing of the stupid flying pages , ill really hope they make thing go right on the next game and will be awesome if they tested the freaking game before released, is just get you mad that every ubisoft game come whit the gift of 3 or more glitches per game

Lord of all Goat-Men

Of course it doesn't feel like the previous games, because then it would be Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

If you stick to only main missions and skip all the extra ones, then A) you're an idiot, and B) well, no A sums it up pretty well.
    If 50 hours for 100% completion is short, then yeah, it's pretty short. Especially when previous entries where so much longer (AC1 - 15-20hrs, AC2 - 20-25hrs).

Oh no, I have to gamble between $0 and $100 to play a game that is only necessary to earn trophies. If only I had several thousand dollars to spare because I wasn't an idiot that skipped all the side missions or chances to find treasure.

His name (native american) is 'Ratonhnhaké:ton'. Now say that 3 times, really fast. If you bothered to pay the game any attention, you'd know that he has an 'adopted' name so that he won't get treated like crap by racist colonists, a totally reasonable justification. You think Frat-boy Joe is gonna be able to pronounce 'Ratonhnhaké:ton'? I don't think so.

For the record, I completely finished the game (100% in ~50 hours), and not once did I encounter a glitch.

I also happen to agree that this game was certainly not as good as it could have been, but for REAL reasons, like that I didn't care about, or for, Connor as a character, or that Desmond's story has become so melodramatic that it's just annoying.

TLDR;
    Don't play half a game and then winge about it for superficial or trivial reasons (seriously, you think it's the worst game of the year because you didn't have enough money to play tic-tac-toe?).

Rangers F.C

The problem with the game is , it showed you enough new content like the sailing to keep you interested in the upcoming Black Flag , then when this game comes it wont live up to expectations but will show you enough to make you buy the next game in the series , I have been bored with it since 2 ended but keep buying them cause I think , this time its going to be the game I want it to be and it always falls short
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Really glad I didn't buy it I'm save

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Of course it doesn't feel like the previous games, because then it would be Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

If you stick to only main missions and skip all the extra ones, then A) you're an idiot, and B) well, no A sums it up pretty well.
    If 50 hours for 100% completion is short, then yeah, it's pretty short. Especially when previous entries where so much longer (AC1 - 15-20hrs, AC2 - 20-25hrs).

Oh no, I have to gamble between $0 and $100 to play a game that is only necessary to earn trophies. If only I had several thousand dollars to spare because I wasn't an idiot that skipped all the side missions or chances to find treasure.

His name (native american) is 'Ratonhnhaké:ton'. Now say that 3 times, really fast. If you bothered to pay the game any attention, you'd know that he has an 'adopted' name so that he won't get treated like crap by racist colonists, a totally reasonable justification. You think Frat-boy Joe is gonna be able to pronounce 'Ratonhnhaké:ton'? I don't think so. i am guessing that walking around boston and new york whit a bow, axe and the assasing suit didnt make him suspicious ...

For the record, I completely finished the game (100% in ~50 hours), and not once did I encounter a glitch. Good for you but this game have glitches that why ubisoft has already released 2 patch

I also happen to agree that this game was certainly not as good as it could have been, but for REAL reasons, like that I didn't care about, or for, Connor as a character, or that Desmond's story has become so melodramatic that it's just annoying. so your point is ... this game is bad

TLDR;
    Don't play half a game and then winge about it for superficial or trivial reasons (seriously, you think it's the worst game of the year because you didn't have enough money to play tic-tac-toe?).
    Well ill guest that you probably want on the next AC4 a mission that you have to play a flawess tic tac toe or maybe in the next COD we have to play a mini game of trowing flying paper that probably will be awesome ...

This is what you call a FanBoy OMG, this game is beyond boring and i am pretty shure that has the worst ending of the year ... and i am not goint to get into more details about the freaking name 'Ratonhnhaké:ton, i will add something else to this terrible ending franchise game for me game

-they only make this game AC3 to set up AC4 so i guest all the effort goes to AC4 and as a result we get AC3 a terrible game

Lvl 8 - Gold

I found gameplay to be fun. I liked the frontier and the naval missions. The story's bad, though.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Ramieh View Post
    Well ill guest that you probably want on the next AC4 a mission that you have to play a flawess tic tac toe or maybe in the next COD we have to play a mini game of trowing flying paper that probably will be awesome ...

This is what you call a FanBoy OMG, this game is beyond boring and i am pretty shure that has the worst ending of the year ... and i am not goint to get into more details about the freaking name 'Ratonhnhaké:ton, i will add something else to this terrible ending franchise game for me game

-they only make this game AC3 to set up AC4 so i guest all the effort goes to AC4 and as a result we get AC3 a terrible game
    I take it English is not your main language
    and what does COD have to do with AC3? COD is a FPS , bad analogy

Also what name did you think Connor would have? moon fox?
    His true name is accurate, and we all know why his name was changed to Connor
    if you didn't get that then you were probably not even listening to the game
    in fact you just passed everything that makes it an AC game
    go ahead and rant but dont try to discourage others when you havent experience the whole game
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

Yes this game was bad, story sucked balls, glitches made it almost unplayable and blah blah.... Cant argue with that but your flipping out about a mini game. Its just a trophy just dont play the game anymore. I was raging over the same thing but that isnt why I disliked the game.

Truthfully board games are the only challenge in the game. I must ask why did you pay 60 for the game if you just got it? I payed 40 and I bought it the week after it was released so I knew it was not gonna be that great. I guess thats why I wasnt as upset as you.
    Last edited by Tmac718; 03-14-2013 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Typo

Lvl 6 - Silver

I haven't played AC3 yet since I was skeptical about it when I first heard it was coming out..but I've heard mixed reviews from quite a few people. Half say the game/missions was awesome..the other Half thought it completely bombed...Not everyone is gonna like it, and not everyone is gonna hate it. Some may prefer the Ezio story, other may like this new Character..To each, their own i guess..

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

PRO Member

I thought it was a slight freesh breez making something new about the game, but going for the platinum sucks. For me it was worth the money.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    I take it English is not your main language
    and what does COD have to do with AC3? COD is a FPS , bad analogy

Also what name did you think Connor would have? moon fox?
    His true name is accurate, and we all know why his name was changed to Connor
    if you didn't get that then you were probably not even listening to the game
    in fact you just passed everything that makes it an AC game
    go ahead and rant but dont try to discourage others when you havent experience the whole game
    Yes as you can see english is not mine main language, ( the game game has many language opcion ) i am not goint even get on that, as i will love Moon Fox over Connor i probably most people will do ... and trust me that ill have listening and all previous AC games mine point whit this AC3 is that is the worst, and making you play some of the dumbest game of the year fonoroma to earn a trophy is just lame , i guest you would want to have a trophy in a COD that has nothing to do whit shooting ... is dont understand me like this i will be happy writing you on spanish or italian

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I personally HATE this version of AC. Why? Because of all the glitches and the pointless extra stuff. I am addicted to collecting trophies and I've platinumed most of the AC collection. But I do feel like giving up on this one because I'm so bored of it. I play video games to unwind after work but this game makes me want to chew on my controller and pull my hair out. I don't think the stress is worth trying to platinum this. But then part of me wants to see that 100% just so I get a sense of achievement. Then I can throw the stupid thing out the window!

Currently Playing

Dead Nation | Killzone: Shadow Fall | Sly Cooper: Thief in Time | Strider | The Last of Us Remastered

PS3 & PS4 Trophy Guides and Walkthroughs
    WildeThang YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wildethanggaming

PRO Member

Is this guy trolling?? I really can't tell

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 7 - Gold

i still got play revelations lol

it just sitting in my drive

Ice Cream Firefighter

This game for me made me decide that I won't be buying another Ubisoft title unless it's secondhand with Ubisoft seeing none of my money. Ubisoft disgusts me and even playing FC3 didn't make me change my mind about the scuzzbucket developer.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Get bent...

I thought AC3 was great. Got 100% on it in just over 55+ hours on the 360. I would be playing it on the PS3, but I have a bit of a backlog.

Only 'glitch' I ever had was the game locked up on me during the ride with Paul Revere. Other than that, no issues.

I guess I'm gonna get called a fanboy now.

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Is this guy trolling?? I really can't tell
    Was wondering the same thing.

Maybe the OP should just stick to Hannah Montana or something.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Angel of Death

I liked it. I really don't understand why it gets so much hate. >_> Honestly, the first was the worst for me. It's not bad, but it's boring compared to the sequels.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's a good game if your just going to run through the story, play a bit of the multiplayer then get rid. If your a trophy hunter then it is highly frustrating. Also your dumb horse makes moving around even slower than running everywhere! I've not even started on multiplayer yet, bet that is a bundle of fun as well!

Those board games are just a pointless feature. I might give up when that is the last trophy. Why do I want to sit there for hours playing a board game within a video game? I might as well crack out the Monopoly board!

Last time I got this frustrated with a game was when I was platinuming COD: World at War!

Currently Playing

Dead Nation | Killzone: Shadow Fall | Sly Cooper: Thief in Time | Strider | The Last of Us Remastered

PS3 & PS4 Trophy Guides and Walkthroughs
    WildeThang YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wildethanggaming

> Restart Button <

The only reason I didn't like it nearly as much as previous titles, was that lack of charm. AC through ACR had some magical, historical, charm and for whatever reason, that didn't come with AC3. Great gameplay, huge map, and plenty to explore & do but the story's got nothing. I have lost my general interest in where AC games are going. Less love, more product.

Oh and those board games ARE tough. Honestly though, if they aren't fun for you, don't play them. I don't understand why people HAVE to unlock every trophy. Especially if you don't like that game. Why the fuck do you want a 100% / for a game you disliked?

May I also add that I enjoyed AC3 mostly until I had a few days to let the experience settle. I was really rooting for it all the way through.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I actually enjoyed the gameplay. Unfotunately, I have a glitch preventing me from getting 100%, the Completionist trophy. While it seems none of you are having this problem, it exist for me and many others. Head over to the Ubisoft boards to find out. After months of sending in tickets and complaining, Ubisoft has done nothing, not even acknowledging they are working on it. This is the sole reason I hate this game, lack of true customer support. I won't be buying AC4, especially if naval missions are 40% of the game; that was the most boring part of the game to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast