Doing everything not necessary?!

This is a discussion on Doing everything not necessary?! within the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag forum, part of the A; I'm used to, in order to Platinum and get all the trophies, having to do EVERYTHING in the more recent ...

PRO Member

Doing everything not necessary?!

I'm used to, in order to Platinum and get all the trophies, having to do EVERYTHING in the more recent Assassin's Creed games. After reading the trophy list, though, I don't think I actually have to do everything to get the Plat. (currently I'm looking for every island I can find, and on every island I'm searching out every chest, Animus fragment, viewpoint, Assassin contract, and anything else they throw at me). I think I can skip a lot of the searching (though I'd miss some great conversations and some large sums of money). If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Apotheon, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect

Trophy Guide Grand Master

The answer is in here and the answer is no you only have to complete the story missions to 100%

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum