Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Assassin's Creed III Predictions

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed III Predictions within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; Hey, so recently there was the rumor: http://thesilentchief.com/2011/10/02/rumor-assassins-creed-iii-will-conclude-desmonds-story-launching-november-2012/ This got me thinking, after Revelations, what do you think will happen? ...

Ghost Assassin

Assassin's Creed III Predictions

Hey, so recently there was the rumor: http://thesilentchief.com/2011/10/02/rumor-assassins-creed-iii-will-conclude-desmonds-story-launching-november-2012/

This got me thinking, after Revelations, what do you think will happen? How will the story be continued? What will the setting be? I would like to hear your opinions.

Personally, I think they will introduce another ancestor; I'm sure they'll fast forward the time line and make it more modern. The glyphs alluded to some major events in history, such as WWII, so I'm guessing it will take place around the times of one of those specific events.

PRO Ninja

maybe it will be about the vikings or the mongols, or the sengoku period (戦国時代) in japan, you know with ninjas and samurais.

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Lvl 8 - Gold

They'll probably introduce another character in another era and maybe even give Desmond more game-time. Oh, and ancient Japan would be a great setting for a game.

PRO Member

It's actually assassins creed 4

I'm thinking it will be more Desmond and less animus
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

PRO Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post

I'm thinking it will be more Desmond and less animus
    i did like your sig quote, but i really think it is Assassin's Creed 3 that's coming next year not AC4

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Platinum Dohvakiin

By it being called AC3 we already know it will have a new character. By how Ubisoft referred to their AC numbering system. I for one am looking forward to somebody new. As I was already tired of Ezio's ass. If Revelations is about locating the rest of the temples. Than I believe the 'series' will be about opening them all and finally using whatever 'power' is stored in them. And I really hope this time around the new protagonist is a female.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    It's not AC4. It's not even the 4th AC game. If you want to get technical. Brotherhood is actually the 4th AC game in the franchise.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

An old-fashioned cowboy

Most likely the late 1700's/early 1800's. Mainly because you're going to need atleast a 100 hundred years to pass after Ezio's story ends and you're going to need another hundred years between whatever character they choose for AC3 and Desmond. As for the time setting I would say either in the US and/or France and will revolve around George Washington & the Freemasons and/or Napoleon Bonaparte. During this time both countries had their revolutions so there are possibilities there.

You also have to remember you can't have guns be your main weapon otherwise you're no longer and assassin you're a soldier.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNinjaKen View Post
    maybe it will be about the vikings or the mongols, or the sengoku period (戦国時代) in japan, you know with ninjas and samurais.
    Oh, you and your ninjas!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My theory is that because this will be the 'conclusion' of Desmond's story, we will infact play as Desmond for the entire game rather than playing as another person in the animus.
    a) It has taken 3 whole games to finish Ezio's story and 2 games to complete Altair's story. A new character could not be done justice.
    b) If this is the last game in the series (2012) then Desmond does not have the luxury of spending another game in the animus as he needs to actually do something to either fight the Templars or stop the impending ending of the world.
    c) Going through Ezio's life from start to finish was supposed to be firstly so that they knew the location of the apple and then also because it would result in Desmond getting Ezio's abilities through the bleeding effect. Therefore there's no need to have another character as by the end of Revelations Desmond will probably be good enough to be a Master Assassin.

The only other possibility is that they will kill Desmond off, and someone else will take over as the main protaganist, but I see this as fairly unlikely as I think Ubisoft aren't too keen on making unneccessary sequels - The end of Desmond's story will be the end of the series, chronologically at least. That's not to say that there won't be prequels as I suspect there probably will.
    Sig and Avatar made by ABSTRACT678

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzales95 View Post
    The end of Desmond's story will be the end of the series, chronologically at least. That's not to say that there won't be prequels as I suspect there probably will.
    I don't necessarily agree that it would be the end of the series chronologically. Even if they kill off Desmond, as they very well could do. That doesn't mean it's the end of The Templar. Maybe the end of Abstergo(sp). The Templar have proven to be the most resourceful bunch of people in history. Ubisoft could very well keep making AC games in chronological order. Because as we learned in AC1. There are a lot of POE's out there. And I highly doubt that the Templar have 'secured' all of them.

We've been on Desmond's journey to secure the Apple. We could very well go on someone else's journey to secure another POE. If Desmond succeeds in stopping the launch of the 2012 satellite, as we pretty much can assume he will. Ubisoft can very well just pick up from there. With the next experiment that the Templar move onto. And a new protagonist to try and stop that.

PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Lvl 3 - Bronze

You've got a good point, but I think that they will at least take a hiatus of a year between AC3 and the start of the new series if they do end up continuing. I personally think that they want to give the series a good ending along with Desmond, but then again at the end of the day, Ubisoft are a company interested in profit. AC is one of their biggest selling franchises, so I accept that they would be mad to end it!
    Sig and Avatar made by ABSTRACT678

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    By it being called AC3 we already know it will have a new character. By how Ubisoft referred to their AC numbering system. I for one am looking forward to somebody new. As I was already tired of Ezio's ass. If Revelations is about locating the rest of the temples. Than I believe the 'series' will be about opening them all and finally using whatever 'power' is stored in them. And I really hope this time around the new protagonist is a female.

It's not AC4. It's not even the 4th AC game. If you want to get technical. Brotherhood is actually the 4th AC game in the franchise.
    This is how i class them...
    Assassins Creed
    Assassins Creed II
    Assassins Creed 3: Brotherhood
    Assassins Creed 4: Revelations
    Does NOT Accept Blank Friend Requests

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkeh89 View Post
    This is how i class them...
    Assassins Creed
    Assassins Creed II
    Assassins Creed 3: Brotherhood
    Assassins Creed 4: Revelations
    You forgot the PSP game Assassin's Creed :Bloodlines for the PSP. You may not 'classify' it as part of the series. Because it was released on the PSP. But it is none the less. There for Revelations is actually the 5th game in the series.

PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNinjaKen View Post
    I would love something to do with the vikings and nijas together
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I want to say that now that revelations has ended there must be a new game coming up called ac3 maybe. It will be Desmond only or even you could take part as Yun who showed up in Embers Short animated Film!

Lvl 7 - Gold

John Wilkes Booth. That is all.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

PRO Member

im not sure what to expect to be honest........ so whatever they end up putting together i know ill be amazed!!!!
    but i know what id like to see is how and when the Templars became more in powered and what i mean by that is........ like where in time did they start to over run the Assassins........ because as far as we know, Desmond and his little group are whats left of the Assassins supposely (as far as the story is telling us --- we dont know if there are anymore out there/same continent or not) also i get the feeling Desmond will be going after Altair's Apple............ i wonder if they do show a new Assassin where this one will be from and will it be more closer towards Desmond time...... idk, im just in anticipation ... i love AC story...... 1 of the best the Ps3 ever had in my opinion...

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    really? maybe i missed something...

1) Assassin's Creed
    2) Assassin's Creed II
    3) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    4) Assassin's Creed: Revelations

...isn't Brotherhood the 3rd game, and this upcoming game the 5th? or are you counting the PSP AC?

Starkiller supreme

Maybe they'll turn the comic into a game and it will take place in Russia.

Toggle Spoiler

platcard by wadefan1

Sig by the one and only LEE200

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    really? maybe i missed something...

1) Assassin's Creed
    2) Assassin's Creed II
    3) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    4) Assassin's Creed: Revelations

...isn't Brotherhood the 3rd game, and this upcoming game the 5th? or are you counting the PSP AC?
    i think he's counting ac:r and ac:b under assassins creed II, as they are Ezio's stories.
    ACI is altair
    ACII is ezio involving ACII, AC:B, and AC:R
    ACIII is another part with another main cahracter is what hes getting at i think.

i hope it will be around JApan, with samurais and such. or some asian type of assa creed. i hope they dont do a modern one though as it wont be swordfighting more guns and theres enough of that already.

or they could go back to like early before 10th century europe. or maybe mayan/inca?
    or egyptian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast