Assassin's Creed Revelations to support 3D

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed Revelations to support 3D within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; According to the latest article discussing the game posted over at the Playstation.Blog here , Jeff Rubenstein had this to ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Assassin's Creed Revelations to support 3D

According to the latest article discussing the game posted over at the Playstation.Blog here, Jeff Rubenstein had this to say:

And I saw it all in 3D – those leaps of faith are now even more impressive.
    He also confirmed it in the comments section in reply to questions for clarification.

I don't know about the rest of you, but finding out that one of my most anticipated games of the year is getting the 3D treatment has really got me excited.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    According to the latest article discussing the game posted over at the Playstation.Blog here, Jeff Rubenstein had this to say:

He also confirmed it in the comments section in reply to questions for clarification.

I don't know about the rest of you, but finding out that one of my most anticipated games of the year is getting the 3D treatment has really got me excited.
    I also saw this feature in the AC:R MP Beta, there was something called "Stereoscopice modes" under the options. Althought it was grey and not selectable ( don't now if it wasn't in the Beta or that my current TV doesn't support 3D ), this was probably also a hint that AC:R will have the 3D support

PRO Member

WOW with 3D included i ll get it 4 sure now

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post

I don't really see how the gameplay of the AC series warrants 3D capabilities. I realize everything is going 3D these days so it almost feels like jumping on the bandwagon () on Ubisoft's part.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Yoghurt_Bij View Post
    I also saw this feature in the AC:R MP Beta, there was something called "Stereoscopice modes" under the options. Althought it was grey and not selectable ( don't now if it wasn't in the Beta or that my current TV doesn't support 3D ), this was probably also a hint that AC:R will have the 3D support
    Oh nice, I never actually got around to playing the MP Beta this time around. But I saw the list of trophies/achievements, and it looks like I may just run through the online portion first to get them out of the way, since they seem more manageable in this game. The MP isn't that bad, I just prefer the story mode. It'll be interesting to have this and Uncharted 3 to play in 3D MP in the same month.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    I don't really see how the gameplay of the AC series warrants 3D capabilities. I realize everything is going 3D these days so it almost feels like jumping on the bandwagon () on Ubisoft's part.
    Yeah, I can understand that, but imo, the only games to have done 3D any justice so far are a few of the HD collections. Thor's 3D was horrible, and I haven't played Green Lantern or Captain America yet. And I'm no fan of Crysis, so I don't know what either of those looked like. But I figure, at least it's an optional feature, and there are no trophies for it, so it doesn't really harm anyone who doesn't want it. Just more to love for those who do.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

OK I found something about this 3D in the ubisoft forums. They stated that the game can be played in 3D without having a 3D-TV. You have to buy special glasses, however. They cost 30 euros each (free shipping!)

We are really trying to avoid making the cliché “into a whole new dimension” remark, but it’s true: Assassin’s Creed Revelations will be playable in 3D on Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 and NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ PCs! This is the first time that an Assassin’s Creed game will have full 3D support on all three platforms.

Thanks to TriOviz Inficolor 3D support, both Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3 players will be able to experience Assassin’s Creed Revelations in three dimensions… without a 3DTV!

Leaps of faith are going to blow your mind in 3D, Assassins
    source:3D Details Revealed for Assassins Creed Revelations! - Topic
    I'm back! XD

Lvl 5 - Silver

i think it is a positve thing, but im courious about how this will affect the game overall.....
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck591 View Post
    OK I found something about this 3D in the ubisoft forums. They stated that the game can be played in 3D without having a 3D-TV. You have to buy special glasses, however. They cost 30 euros each (free shipping!)

source:3D Details Revealed for Assassins Creed Revelations! - Topic
    After looking that up, it seems that it's using the standard pink/cyan that the Batman: Arkham Asylum used... they're just charging €30 for the glasses. I'd also imagine that this is optional for non-3D tvs, if what Yoghurt_Bij said was true about there being a "Stereoscopic" option, as off-color and stereoscopic are completely different things. So, while this should work for PC/Xbox360, we'll still get the superior 3D experience on the PS3, for those with actual 3DTVs, rather than some dual-color rendered BS... but hey, if people wanna stare through colored lenses to get a classic 70's style 3D effect, more power to 'em. I think I'd just go without if I didn't already have a 3DTV.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sounds pretty cool.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Play Batman Arkham City in 3d and you can see what the potential is But this is Ubisoft so I think it is going to suck.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE