Assassin's Creed Revelations to Feature First-Person Missions

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed Revelations to Feature First-Person Missions within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; In a recent interview with the game's mission designer, it is mentioned that there will be first person platforming missions ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Assassin's Creed Revelations to Feature First-Person Missions

In a recent interview with the game's mission designer, it is mentioned that there will be first person platforming missions using Desmond. The mission designer also hinted Subject 16's appearance, who may interact with Desmond during his missions.

Full details can be seen here:

Source: Assassin's Creed Revelations to Feature First-Person Missions - News (PS3/Xbox 360)
    Last edited by Chaos Raiden; 11-09-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Sounds pretty cool and an interesting change up for the typical gameplay. Hopefully they nailed it.

Bringing the PAIN

This could be cool or shitty... Only time will tell I guess!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Retired TGT Member

Sounds like bad news to me. I strongly prefer the third-person viewpoint. Good thing I love AC enough that this could still be fun...and hopefully it's only a couple missions.

The "Dali-esque platforming" sounds cool, but I don't like that they're telling us "oh yeah, it's very cool". Let us decide on that.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Sounds like bad news to me. I strongly prefer the third-person viewpoint. Good thing I love AC enough that this could still be fun...and hopefully it's only a couple missions.

The "Dali-esque platforming" sounds cool, but I don't like that they're telling us "oh yeah, it's very cool". Let us decide on that.
    ^^^This!!!^^^ You can't throw 1st person view on a game that awesome as this. It's weird. Think about it.

Lvl 5 - Silver

yup I dont like this at all how does this look like ?? maybe like mirror's edge, not my taste. I just want the usual awesome Assassin's creed gameplay. Giv us more missions like in Brotherhood they were just epic awesome
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Perfecting since 1996

I don't know if this would work very well in Assassin's Creed. Great find though.

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

It's not like they're going to be forcing you to play through in first person, that'd be mad

All it'll be is really trippy artistic missions viewed through desmonds eyes, and they sound really interesting

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    It's not like they're going to be forcing you to play through in first person, that'd be mad

All it'll be is really trippy artistic missions viewed through desmonds eyes, and they sound really interesting
    Exactly, it's something a little different.

....although, not much of a unique thing; Brotherhood's utilisation of prototype war machines was f*cking BRILLIANT.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Whilst I'm a bit skeptical on this, since it's in the Desmond missions (which will probably only be about an hour in total at most anyway), the whole concept of him being in this fucked up 'Black room' means that this 1st person perspective will probably work. However, I hope they have the option to turn it off incase it doesn't work, is glitchy or is just plain impossible to play with.
    Sig and Avatar made by ABSTRACT678

PRO Member

Just an example of the Dali art that they're referencing

Toggle Spoiler

I've had to sit down and try to make sense of that and justify things such as the menacing grin, the tightness of the grip etc. Making sense of the mind fuck that is Desmonds mind should be easy