Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sage trophy help

This is a discussion on Sage trophy help within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; Twix, any luck getting the trophy to pop? Just got stuck with the glitch myself. If this method works, I'll ...

Mini Ninja

Twix, any luck getting the trophy to pop? Just got stuck with the glitch myself. If this method works, I'll love you long time :p (I can't offer anything else except my thanks since rep isn't allowed any more).

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by wick3d_turtle View Post
    (I can't offer anything else except my thanks since rep isn't allowed any more).
    Actually, rep is allowed.

I couldn't be bothered waiting for a potential "fix" that may or may not even address the problem, so I just restarted the game, rebuilt some of the city, then sat back and allowed the money to accrue while I did other stuff around the house. That, along with hunting down treasure chests and stealing money from hundreds of civilians saw my balance go up pretty quickly.

Mini Ninja

Oh snap, I didn't realize that the little rep button was still there. For some reason, I thought it was gone after the forums restarted. Thanks for pointing that out, lol.

I've read in other forums that the above suggestion doesn't work. I'm not sure when Ubisoft will be releasing a fix (or if they plan to). I guess I'll have to follow suit and start all over again to get that trophy.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well... No I had some corrupted data and doing that process helped me with getting rid of it, but apparently Sony doesn't know anything about fixing this problem.I guess I should have double-checked that it worked before I posted it It's time to go to the source of the update: Ubisoft. I sincerely apologize to everyone who tried the suggestion from Sony that I posted... :L I'm trying to find other ways to get the trophy without replaying the game. Has anyone tried contacting Ubisoft for information on the issue? I contacted them once about my ACR Bonus Content, and as of now they have fixed it... I was hoping they had created a new update to fix this glitch.. but I suppose not. I hope if Ubisoft is working on something to help, that they let us know.

Lol I'm really sorry guys <:p

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It would be great if Ubisoft could just make an update that added a book to the store for a cheap price or something... Then with that update, the old glitch would be gone and people could try again... I want my platinum so bad lol the ACR multiplayer trophies were much easier than ACB. I didn't even try with ACB

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i collected all the books but the trophy wouldnt pop out
    what do i do because im not try to play all over again for one trophy?

Mini Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ufgators2011 View Post
    i collected all the books but the trophy wouldnt pop out
    what do i do because im not try to play all over again for one trophy?
    So far, the only known solution is to delete the patch and start a new game. You'll have to collect all the books again.

@Twix: Thank you for trying! At this point, I think I'm going to wait a while and see what Ubisoft does. I've got Batman AC and LBP to work on, so I have no lack of plats to pursue. If a fix is released, awesome. If not, then I'll start over when I decide to come back to ACR.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

theyre working on a patch right now for this so hopefully i get the trophy after if not i'll just play it later in the future i have other games to plat haha

The Incredible Marccap

I'm having the same issue and I wish I read up on this first!!

I played the game from the start with the new 1.02 patch and got all the books and no trophy popped. I revisited all shops and I have all the books. I tried to replay a book memory to see if it would pop but again no luck.

I do all my other trophies first and start again without the new patch to get this one to plat it

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 1 - Bronze

what exactly do i do once i open safe mode?

Quote Originally Posted by TwixMix13 View Post
    I had the same problem, so I emailed PlayStation Network. An Elizabeth S. helped me out a lot. She told me exactly what to do to get the "Sage" trophy without restarting the whole game. Here is the email, quoted.

"I appreciate you writing back with more detailed information regarding your Assassin's Creed: Revelations missing Sage trophy issue. If you have not already done so, delete the game data from the [Game Data Utility] folder under [Game] and do Safe Mode option #3. To delete and reinstall the game data utility, please follow the instructions below:

-In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility].
    -Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files.
    -Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete.
    -Press the triangle button and select [Delete].
    -Highlight "Yes" and press the X button to confirm the deletion.
    -A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear.
    -A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted.

If you wish to play this particular game again, you will be prompted to reinstall this game data utility file (which may take several minutes).

Removing a game data utility file will NOT affect your online stats (if you have any).

Please follow the directions below to activate Safe Mode:

- Start with your system in standby mode (the light on the system should be red).

- Touch and hold the power button for three beeps. The first beep is when you first touch the power button. Continue to hold the power button until you hear the third beep. Your power light should now be red.

- Repeat the same process. The last beep will end up being a quick double beep. Release the power button after the quick double beep.

- If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button." Follow the instructions on the screen.

Once this is complete, re-install the game and re-synchronize your trophies.

I am confident the information will allow you to have your Sage trophy in your trophies list. Please email back if you need further assistance, Amanda.

Regards,
    Elizabeth S."

I hope this helps you all. I shall now attempt to reclaim my trophy
    i followed the steps but what should i do after activating safe mode

The Incredible Marccap

I saw that elsewhere but they stated it didnt work.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 10 - Platinum

gotta erase game data to get rid of the patch and play through offline to get to sequence seven and unlock all the books again, took me about 10 hours for one stupid bronze trophy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TwixMix13 View Post
    I had the same problem, so I emailed PlayStation Network. An Elizabeth S. helped me out a lot. She told me exactly what to do to get the "Sage" trophy without restarting the whole game. Here is the email, quoted.

"I appreciate you writing back with more detailed information regarding your Assassin's Creed: Revelations missing Sage trophy issue. If you have not already done so, delete the game data from the [Game Data Utility] folder under [Game] and do Safe Mode option #3. To delete and reinstall the game data utility, please follow the instructions below:

-In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility].
    -Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files.
    -Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete.
    -Press the triangle button and select [Delete].
    -Highlight "Yes" and press the X button to confirm the deletion.
    -A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear.
    -A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted.

If you wish to play this particular game again, you will be prompted to reinstall this game data utility file (which may take several minutes).

Removing a game data utility file will NOT affect your online stats (if you have any).

Please follow the directions below to activate Safe Mode:

- Start with your system in standby mode (the light on the system should be red).

- Touch and hold the power button for three beeps. The first beep is when you first touch the power button. Continue to hold the power button until you hear the third beep. Your power light should now be red.

- Repeat the same process. The last beep will end up being a quick double beep. Release the power button after the quick double beep.

- If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button." Follow the instructions on the screen.

Once this is complete, re-install the game and re-synchronize your trophies.

I am confident the information will allow you to have your Sage trophy in your trophies list. Please email back if you need further assistance, Amanda.

Regards,
    Elizabeth S."

I hope this helps you all. I shall now attempt to reclaim my trophy
    At the end, it works or no?

Mini Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by JuanRod View Post
    At the end, it works or no?
    No. Twix confirmed this a few posts before yours.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's pretty annoying not being able to get a stupid bronze trophy!

PRO Member

I've seen a few posts here stating that you need to uninstall not only the patch 1.02, but also the game data, and then reinstall the game data, in order to be able to go after the Sage trophy. Is this actually confirmed?

I'm on my second playthrough now and i deleted the patch but NOT the game data before starting a new game. I'm not gonna be best pleased if i get the books and still can't unlock the Sage trophy. I've got a few other trophies to go for during this playthrough, so it wouldn't be a total loss, but i really don't want to have to play the game a third time in order to get one bronze trophy.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by riskyfrisky View Post
    I've seen a few posts here stating that you need to uninstall not only the patch 1.02, but also the game data, and then reinstall the game data, in order to be able to go after the Sage trophy. Is this actually confirmed?

I'm on my second playthrough now and i deleted the patch but NOT the game data before starting a new game. I'm not gonna be best pleased if i get the books and still can't unlock the Sage trophy. I've got a few other trophies to go for during this playthrough, so it wouldn't be a total loss, but i really don't want to have to play the game a third time in order to get one bronze trophy.
    No you do not need to delete the game data just patch 1.02. I can confirm this as I did it. Remember, once you delete patch restart game and play offline to stop the game automatically installing the latest patch.

Once you've done this and bought last book be warned that the trophy takes an unusualy long time to pop. Mine took at least 30 seconds to a minute

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roswellian View Post
    No you do not need to delete the game data just patch 1.02. I can confirm this as I did it. Remember, once you delete patch restart game and play offline to stop the game automatically installing the latest patch.

Once you've done this and bought last book be warned that the trophy takes an unusualy long time to pop. Mine took at least 30 seconds to a minute
    Thank god! Cheers for replying so quick it's put my mind at ease!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So if we've already bought the books, the only solution is delete the patch and then play through without it until we're able to get to Cappadoccia and afford them all? Haha, yeah, no... not gonna do that. Way to go Ubisoft. Really rather disappointed in this, because I am a diehard AC fan but this is just silly.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ruins View Post
    So if we've already bought the books, the only solution is delete the patch and then play through without it until we're able to get to Cappadoccia and afford them all? Haha, yeah, no... not gonna do that. Way to go Ubisoft. Really rather disappointed in this, because I am a diehard AC fan but this is just silly.
    READ THIS THREAD HOMESLICE :p:p

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/as...hy-glitch.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12