ACR framerate issues?

This is a discussion on ACR framerate issues? within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; Iv'e been playing ACR and I have noticed that the framerate drops significantly at random parts of the game. This ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

ACR framerate issues?

Iv'e been playing ACR and I have noticed that the framerate drops significantly at random parts of the game. This issue is frequent (every minute) and becomes very annoying. The camera seems to spaz out a bit and the animation when running/climbing glitches out a btad when this happens. I also do encounter the spawning of people in front of me, but that isn't nearly as occassional or pestering. Has anyone else had this issue? Perhaps if I re-install the game?
    This "framerate" problem lasts for a good 2-3 seconds and is getting tedious. I'm unsure how else to explain it. Thanks.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That's interesting, but I've never had that issue. For me it's massive amounts of screen tears, which has always been a problem on the PS3 for Assassin's Creed. But yeah, might as well try reinstalling just in case. Maybe turn upscaling off, or something in that menu. I know their for playing PS2 games, but maybe it causes interference. I think turning them back off improved certain games for me, but I could have just imagined it. Hopefully, your PS3 isn't on the fritz.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I havent had any of the issues the two of you are describing above. i do remember playing MLB 10 the show and it kept doing what you are talking about and i deleted the game data and re-installed it and it worked perfectly so i would try that before giving up hope

Lvl 9 - Gold

Depending on your setup, it could be because the game is trying to display at 1080p, when it really isn't. I know the game case says it is, and I believe all the way back to AC2, they've claimed to support 1080p, but I know that for my setup, it defaults to 720p and looks fine like that. The one time I changed my video settings to only passthrough 1080p to force the game to play at that resolution, I got massive amounts of screen-tearing and the image didn't look any better.
    As for frame-rate issues, I've been playing it exclusively in 3D, which forces it to run at a constant 30fps (or maybe 60, but I don't think so) for each eye, and I haven't noticed any lagging or drops.
    I'd suggest deleting and letting it reinstall, and maybe check your video cables to see if they're getting old/worn or anything. I doubt that would be the cause, but you can never be sure.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    Depending on your setup, it could be because the game is trying to display at 1080p, when it really isn't. I know the game case says it is, and I believe all the way back to AC2, they've claimed to support 1080p, but I know that for my setup, it defaults to 720p and looks fine like that. The one time I changed my video settings to only passthrough 1080p to force the game to play at that resolution, I got massive amounts of screen-tearing and the image didn't look any better.
    Tried this myself on ac2 and the same thing happend. And i diden't even see a difference betwen 720p and 1080p. Better to let it run on 720p, but then again we are paying for a game that clame to support 1080p. Also remember to read somewhere that the ps3 only use 1/3 of it's capacity. Hope and uppdate come soon, to open some more power to it! Hopefully before they launch ps4.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AizawaYuuichi View Post
    As for frame-rate issues, I've been playing it exclusively in 3D, which forces it to run at a constant 30fps (or maybe 60, but I don't think so) for each eye, and I haven't noticed any lagging or drops.
    I'd suggest deleting and letting it reinstall, and maybe check your video cables to see if they're getting old/worn or anything. I doubt that would be the cause, but you can never be sure.
    ive been playing in 3d and hd and havent seen problems in 3d but have seen lots of problems in hd screen tearing every minute or so.I cant play in 3d exclusively as my mrs is here a lot of time and lights ruin the 3d effect.3d is awesome oin it as well tbf

Lvl 5 - Silver

I didnt have any problem, the only thing I didnt like is the graphic, its not bad but it can be alot better.

Can you install the game
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dividsmythe View Post
    ive been playing in 3d and hd and havent seen problems in 3d but have seen lots of problems in hd screen tearing every minute or so.I cant play in 3d exclusively as my mrs is here a lot of time and lights ruin the 3d effect.3d is awesome oin it as well tbf
    Yeah, I get some screen-tearing as well, but not nearly as bad as trying to force the game to run at 1080p.
    Also, I'm curious what brand of 3DTV you have, as I don't have any issues with lighting affecting the 3D image.