Assassin's Guild Den Defense Challenge

This is a discussion on Assassin's Guild Den Defense Challenge within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; If you're like me, you spent the entire game trying to avoid having to do a Den Defense. Through careful ...

Team Dingleberry

Assassin's Guild Den Defense Challenge

If you're like me, you spent the entire game trying to avoid having to do a Den Defense. Through careful monitoring of my notoriety meter, I was able to lock all of my Assassin Dens only having to do the mandatory Den Defense that is part of the storyline.

Some of you may have noticed that one of the Assassin's Guild challenges is to successfully complete 3 Den Defenses. I'm happy to report that if you lock all of your dens (making a Den Defense impossible), the game will auto-complete that challenge for you.

Win!

An old-fashioned cowboy

What do you mean lock all your dens? Do you mean killing all of the captains at each den?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

simula67 is talking about the situation where you complete Master Assassin misson. After that the little icon of your Den will change. Not locked is white with the AC insignia and locked has additional 4 little "arrows".

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kam11ru View Post
    simula67 is talking about the situation where you complete Master Assassin misson. After that the little icon of your Den will change. Not locked is white with the AC insignia and locked has additional 4 little "arrows".
    I think I get you. So once you assign an assassin to a den and complete their Master Assassin mission that den becomes locked to that assassin.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    What do you mean lock all your dens? Do you mean killing all of the captains at each den?
    Once you have a Master Assassin at Rank 15 assigned to the Den AND have completed their mission it can't be attacked by Templars anymore

HOWEVER, I find the Den Defenses to be a good way to gain money and EXP for my Assassins

Team Dingleberry

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Once you have a Master Assassin at Rank 15 assigned to the Den AND have completed their mission it can't be attacked by Templars anymore

HOWEVER, I find the Den Defenses to be a good way to gain money and EXP for my Assassins
    To further clarify, you have to complete both of the Master Assassin missions for each den to lock it.

Davey is right, the defenses are good XP, but I find it a needless addition to the game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by simula67 View Post
    To further clarify, you have to complete both of the Master Assassin missions for each den to lock it.

Davey is right, the defenses are good XP, but I find it a needless addition to the game.
    Agreed, though I find sending a lower ranking apprentice with full-fledged assassins is the best way to get XP.

And the den defense is weirdly balanced too. I throw all my morale into it sometimes and fail, and sometimes I don't place any units, only using Ezio's gun and the cannon and can get through to the siege weapon without a scratch and with 190+ morale saved up. WTF.

PRO Member

Den Defense is the worst addition I've seen to a series. It's annoying and unnecessary. I've been avoiding them by keeping my notoriety down, but I wanted to complete the challenge (had 2/3) a couple hours ago before I locked all my dens, and I lost 2 den defenses in a row. I wish I would have read the OP earlier since it says they auto-complete.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I hate the den defense missions. It's like savior said, you can use up all your moral and place all kinds of types of assasins on the rooftops, and still the big bad ass thing at the end shoots up my den
    Just use the missions to gain xp for your assasins, gets you a heap of money as well that way

Latest Platinum's : GTA5
    Working on : FIFA 14 - AC4 Blackflag

Friend requests are OK, but please do NOT send me blank ones. Thank you....

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Some of you may have noticed that one of the Assassin's Guild challenges is to successfully complete 3 Den Defenses. I'm happy to report that if you lock all of your dens (making a Den Defense impossible), the game will auto-complete that challenge for you.

Win!
    can anybody confirm that this is true because im about to lock my final den

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    can anybody confirm that this is true because im about to lock my final den
    It's true.

Crocodile Hunter

yes its true, i have my AC:R to prove it

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yes I had two and then it gave me one for the challenge I was so happy lol
    ★Greatness from small beginnings★

Lvl 7 - Gold

If you're like me, you spent the entire game trying to avoid having to do a Den Defense. Through careful monitoring of my notoriety meter, I was able to lock all of my Assassin Dens only having to do the mandatory Den Defense that is part of the storyline.

Win!
    DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! Thank you. +rep for you sir
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 2 - Bronze

How do you trigger a den defence? Have had my notoriety high and red but no one wants to play!!!!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy4039 View Post
    How do you trigger a den defence? Have had my notoriety high and red but no one wants to play!!!!
    once the meter is full continue to do things that raise it, either renovate some shops or start attacking groups of guards, its only a matter of time before they attack

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hi, nice to know the challange will be completed when I lock all my dens, but what about getting the trophie for doing it without using the canon?
    I did the manditory one easy. But I have tried and keep loosing since then. I have no issue getting there. Once you are notorious just keep attacking guards and they will attack your den. It flashes yellow on your map.
    But how do I do one successfully, without the canon, so I can get that trophie?