Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help on getting a tax collector to spawn

This is a discussion on Help on getting a tax collector to spawn within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; I've put over 20 hours into the game and am very close to the platinum. The only problem is that ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Help on getting a tax collector to spawn

I've put over 20 hours into the game and am very close to the platinum. The only problem is that I've only seen a tax collector spawn once but the guards took him out before I could kill him. Has anyone found an effective way to get him to spawn?

I've read that many people can sit around by banks and wait for money to deposit, however, I have yet to see him spawn. I've also used the tip provided that includes waiting by the arsenal until money is deposited and the tax collector still doesn't spawn.

Stop looking at me swan!

Unfortunately the only way that does actually work is to camp one of the banks and wait for a deposit. I was in the same situation and never saw him once during the story and even after I camped the bank. It's still random and I didn't get it the first try. On the second deposit attempt he spawned, and only when I was actually leaving the area to go check another bank. You may have to slowly leave the area near the bank for him to pop. I personally used the southern most bank that is north of the fight club.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I dont know if there are any differences between the ps3 and xbox360 versions. im playing on xbox360. I can tell you camping near a bank is a load of bull if it is the only way. I've been doing it for over 2 1/2 hours and nothing. I've seen him 3 times. Once I was in the Arsenal and I couldnt get to him because I was nowhere near the gate out. The second time I was on the palace roof in the Topkapi district no where near a bank and he ran across the the gardens being chased by 2 dozen ottoman Janisseries. Not only was i not camping but of considerable distance when he spawned

Lvl 8 - Gold

I don't know why some people seem to have an issue with this. I saw no less than a dozen of them during my 30 hours to 100% the campaign. And you seriously don't want to kill him. Just use the open hand button () to leg sweep him, as that's the easiest way and doesn't involve releasing the legs button () in order to try and tackle him. Killing him will give you instant Templar Aware status, which is bad news if you don't have all your Dens locked already.

PRO Member

I Found my tax collector by luck just ran into some random people and ding. Anyway where i got this is south west on the map where you do a master assassin mission. for this mission you have to look at some crates and then confront a guy later on! the ground is wet and it's a little market. Hope you get it wish i coud draw on the map, but don't know how.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I thought I would test something out. And it has happened twice for already.

Go to the palace in Topkapi. Stand on the roof on the right hand side near the upper corner of the palace.
    Wait for a bank deposit. The Tax Collector should spawn immediately within the palace grounds.
    And he then he should end up being chased by the guards. So Yeah, this has worked twice for already.
    Camping at banks did not work for. If I knew how to make and upload footage I would

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by noobsauce2010 View Post
    I've put over 20 hours into the game and am very close to the platinum. The only problem is that I've only seen a tax collector spawn once but the guards took him out before I could kill him. Has anyone found an effective way to get him to spawn?

I've read that many people can sit around by banks and wait for money to deposit, however, I have yet to see him spawn. I've also used the tip provided that includes waiting by the arsenal until money is deposited and the tax collector still doesn't spawn.
    huh the arsenal trick worked for me did you take out the money from the bank before you started? maybe the bank has to be empty also did you walk over to the cranes in the next area or did you camp right next to the bank?

Plat Card by Wadefan1 Avatar by Chambers35

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I actually got the guy. I found him around the arsenal near the bank. I followed the directions and it did nothing. The bank deposited money and still no guy (yes it was empty before.) So I was hanging around the bomb crafting station around the bank near the arsenal and then he just showed up. I killed him and I got the trophy. what a pain in the ass

Lvl 1 - Bronze

would be easier to try this in Cappadocia since there is only one bank?

Lvl 9 - Gold

I got this trophy without even trying for it - maybe I was just lucky. I was hunting one of the Templar Den Captains so I could liberate a section of the city, when I saw a tax collector running toward me. He turned tail and bolted when he spotted me, but I chased him down easily, swept him off his feet, and once I'd killed a few guards who were hassling me, the trophy popped.

No sweat at all.

Lvl 5 - Silver

any new ways to get the tax collector to spawn?
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well I got this trophy yesterday together with the platinum. And I have good news for you all: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR A BANK DEPOSIT FOR HIM TO SPAWN
    I did it just as in the video below, with about 10 minutes for the next bank deposit. This really works. Just shoot him with the hidden gun when he spawns. Killing him works to get the trophy.

Good luck ^^ (the bank is close to the east gate of the arsenal)
    I'm back! XD

Lvl 10 - Platinum

ill try that next, spent several hours already trying to get that asshat but no luck so far

Lvl 10 - Platinum

finally found found one in conjunction with a bank deposit, took forever but i finally killed one of those bastards

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Congratz and good luck with the rest of them =)
    I'm back! XD

Lvl 10 - Platinum

just need to get the stupid glitched sage trophy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It glitched? I got it yesterday and didn't have any trouble getting it...

Did you buy all the books in cappadocia? And the polo symbol missions?
    I'm back! XD

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck591 View Post
    It glitched? I got it yesterday and didn't have any trouble getting it...

Did you buy all the books in cappadocia? And the polo symbol missions?
    yeah got all 35 but because of patch 1.2 the trophy wont pop so i probably need to play through the game again until they all become available, all that extra work for the final bronze trophy

PRO Member

I just got the trophy. I used the method where you linger in the Arsenal and wait for revenue, then go to the bank nearby. However, it wasn't working for me at first, but then I renovated all nearby shops and got my templar awareness to 100% and the tax collector showed up in seconds.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

PRO Member

I didn't have a problem with finding him... he actually would never go away!! He was always around, I noticed that I would see him a lot more with the more property I owned, maybe that is the way to get him to spawn?

Sig by Smashguy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast