Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Stop ruining Assassin's Creed MP.

This is a discussion on Stop ruining Assassin's Creed MP. within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; i kinda like this game anyway, i don't care about the runners or roofers and i'm good (real awesome) at ...

PRO Ninja

i kinda like this game anyway, i don't care about the runners or roofers and i'm good (real awesome) at this game. sometimes i use to run or use roofs as tactics, so does this make me a n00b o.O

Yeah i'm level 50 and i use to get 5000xp and more in a match.
    Last edited by PsychoNinjaKen; 12-21-2011 at 07:57 AM.

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The Achilles' heel of AC MP - players.
    It gives me soo much pleasure seeing the match summary like this:

Deathmatch mode
    1. Me - 6250 kills: 5 deaths: 3
    2. Player1 - 4500 kills: 9 deaths: 7
    3. Player2 - 3300 kills: 13 deaths: 12

and so on, and I can't say I'm master at playing MP. I have good sessions when I easily get over 5000 but sometimes I can't get past 3000. Ubisoft might try to make the multiplayer as good as humanly possible but in the end the players will also make it as bad as they can. It is true, once one player gets on roof it's a never ending loop.

Retired on PS3 (since Dec 2013) due to half-broken console and lack of funds and time to fix it.
    Oct 2014 - Dec 2014 - Back on PS3
    Retired on PS3 since Jan 2014 due to original reasons.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Why do you try assassinate mode? They can't go running and hanging out on roof tops in that mode. If they are, they shouldn't be. They just make themselves as easy targets.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    It's funny you mentioned this because the other day I was in a Manhunt lobby for a good 2 or 3 hours. The people in the lobby kept changing (what with people leaving and such). Anyway during my final game in that lobby these two guys joined in (one which was LV 1). Anyway the guy's final score: 6000 xp roughly on 13 kills. My final score: 4500xp roughly on just 4 kills. And the sad part is that I overheard these two guys talking on their mics and by the sounds of it the guy was just fresh off Brotherhood's MP.
    Yep, you're right, this does happen sometimes. In fact, quoting somebody's MP level isn't the best way to communicate their skill or experience with the game. A level 1 somebody may wipe the floor with you over and over. They may have just finished AC:B like that guy, or they may be starting a new profile, or they may have switched from xbox, or what-have-you, and they may have considerable skill.

Conversely, I've seen several level 50s who are in fact roofers and/or sprinters, and generally score 2000XP or less per match. These are the guys that will come up and taunt you or even barge you (fuck you if you do that to people, it's a huge waste of time and it attracts attention) just because you saw them coming from a mile off and you stunned them. I hate that. I mean if I stun you six times in the same session, then I can understand you're upset. But you don't have anyone to blame but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNinjaKen View Post
    i kinda like this game anyway, i don't care about the runners or roofers and i'm good (real awesome) at this game. sometimes i use to run or use roofs as tactics, so does this make me a n00b o.O

Yeah i'm level 50 and i use to get 5000xp and more in a match.
    No, just going up for an aerial or acrobatic or drop kill occasionally, or to escape, does not make you a n00b. If you spend the whole match up there because you're afraid to actually play with the big boys, that makes you a n00b.

If you are up on the roof because you need a particular bonus to get Greater or even Extreme Variety, then by all means, help yourself. But if you just like to be there because you feel like you can see everything and you can spot anybody coming at you, then you're a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kam11ru View Post
    The Achilles' heel of AC MP - players.
    It gives me soo much pleasure seeing the match summary like this:

Deathmatch mode
    1. Me - 6250 kills: 5 deaths: 3
    2. Player1 - 4500 kills: 9 deaths: 7
    3. Player2 - 3300 kills: 13 deaths: 12

and so on, and I can't say I'm master at playing MP. I have good sessions when I easily get over 5000 but sometimes I can't get past 3000. Ubisoft might try to make the multiplayer as good as humanly possible but in the end the players will also make it as bad as they can. It is true, once one player gets on roof it's a never ending loop.
    That's my favorite too, and it helps illustrate one of the points I made earlier.

By the way, I'm not claiming to be a master. I'm not. Not even close. I generally score well and I generally finish either 1st or 2nd, but I'm nowhere near being the best.

дурак

This why the moment I got my ACB plat I ran to Gamestop and traded it in. The runners ruined what could have been a great MP experience.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

MP is fun for me the first few matches after that i get bored and a bit agitated from the exact things you describe
    i got my plat i can move on now

IMO there should have never been a MP for this game but oh well
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    MP is fun for me the first few matches after that i get bored and a bit agitated from the exact things you describe
    i got my plat i can move on now

I was pissed that they put it in AC:B, I feel like they should've used their time and talents to work on the main story.

Until recently I completely loathed AC MP, but I've actually been playing AC:R MP quite a bit, just for fun. This was a big step for me. Still though, roofers and sprinters detract from the experience.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    ^ ^ Pretty much, this.

It seems like devs think that all games nowadays have to have some sort of online component. Of course they design the MP with the mindset that everyone will play it as intended. I'm sure that's how they play-test it as well. Obviously, when people get a hold of a game, they tend to ruin a good thing whenever possible.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    ^ ^ Pretty much, this.

It seems like devs think that all games nowadays have to have some sort of online component. Of course they design the MP with the mindset that everyone will play it as intended. I'm sure that's how they play-test it as well. Obviously, when people get a hold of a game, they tend to ruin a good thing whenever possible.
    And as much as I may bitch about this happening in this case, I will admit that it could be worse

PRO Ninja

[QUOTE=antoniosbandana;109146]
    No, just going up for an aerial or acrobatic or drop kill occasionally, or to escape, does not make you a n00b. If you spend the whole match up there because you're afraid to actually play with the big boys, that makes you a n00b.

If you are up on the roof because you need a particular bonus to get Greater or even Extreme Variety, then by all means, help yourself. But if you just like to be there because you feel like you can see everything and you can spot anybody coming at you, then you're a pussy.
    [QUOTE]
    you know what, Corruption is made for roofers and runners

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNinjaKen View Post
    you know what, Corruption is made for roofers and runners
    Well yeah sure, that's more like it. I'm mainly complaining about morons in Simple Deathmatch

Lvl 5 - Silver

It is a fine line you have to walk in this game though. Walking all the time isn't always the best strategy. its easy enough to run all over but slow down and let the approach meter fill up for the bonus. I'd do it and have 5000+ matches. you can roof and sprint but its all about where and how you choose to approach for the kill.

I do agree that alot of people play the MP like this. I think it comes from people playing the actual game in that style. They just run, use little to no strategy and stab wildly. It comes down partially to noobs vs vets, but i think the bigger factor is just some people dont have the skill and patience to play the game slower.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Roofers and sprinters are indeed the bane of AC online. I can't tell you how many times I got frustrated during both AC games while levelling up to the required amount, by the sheer number of morons who insisted on scrambling up to the nearest roof and using the hidden gun to kill their targets from as far away as possible, simply because they either were too afraid to take their chances face to face, or because they were undoubtedly COD fanboys who simply cannot grasp the concept of employing STEALTH to approach your target UNDETECTED and use a weapon other than a firearm to kill your target.

There were many occasions when I'd be stunned or killed by someone whom I didn't even see coming, and although it could be annoying at times, overall I was fine with it, because at least whoever attacked me was playing AC by the rules, the way it's supposed to be played. As Hyro pointed out, a large part of the roofing/sprinting anoyance is because many gamers simply don't have the patience to play at less than 100mph - everything has to be done as quickly and as recklessly as possible. I want to enjoy AC online, but these kinds of things mean that I don't, for the most part.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Roofers and sprinters are indeed the bane of AC online. I can't tell you how many times I got frustrated during both AC games while levelling up to the required amount, by the sheer number of morons who insisted on scrambling up to the nearest roof and using the hidden gun to kill their targets from as far away as possible, simply because they either were too afraid to take their chances face to face, or because they were undoubtedly COD fanboys who simply cannot grasp the concept of employing STEALTH to approach your target UNDETECTED and use a weapon other than a firearm to kill your target.

There were many occasions when I'd be stunned or killed by someone whom I didn't even see coming, and although it could be annoying at times, overall I was fine with it, because at least whoever attacked me was playing AC by the rules, the way it's supposed to be played. As Hyro pointed out, a large part of the roofing/sprinting anoyance is because many gamers simply don't have the patience to play at less than 100mph - everything has to be done as quickly and as recklessly as possible. I want to enjoy AC online, but these kinds of things mean that I don't, for the most part.
    Well said

I like to believe that most of the people we're talking about are just too scared to go head to head with people who know what they're doing. They're just chicken.

And I agree with you. Every now and then somebody kills me and I had NO IDEA it was about to happen. Usually they receive upwards of 800XP for the kill and honestly, although I don't like to lose, I just have to applaud them and go "wow, that was cool".

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This thread made my day... I love AC online, but i'm not a very good player... and roofers in that situations maybe are more frustrating, cause i'm doing my best to play as it should be, to do my f***ing 3000 points (which is my record actually), and the same guy kills me like 8 times before I can do something for more than 100 points... Maybe I'll do best with some training... and some poison! Love you all!
    ...and is a Sheep.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by tracyjames18 View Post
    Why do you try assassinate mode? They can't go running and hanging out on roof tops in that mode. If they are, they shouldn't be. They just make themselves as easy targets.
    Assassinate is the mode I run into the most noobs. I lost count of how many times I have been morphed in a group and here comes a noob either jumping off a roof or running close to where im at and instead of "trying" to get a kill they run around in a circle until the red arrow is above their head or they will sprint off a few feet and come right back and I always say to myself, is this moron serious, is he trying to gloate me into chasing him? So I act like im walking away and he runs after me, I smoke bomb him and focus kill him.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subject_RD View Post
    Assassinate is the mode I run into the most noobs. I lost count of how many times I have been morphed in a group and here comes a noob either jumping off a roof or running close to where im at and instead of "trying" to get a kill they run around in a circle until the red arrow is above their head or they will sprint off a few feet and come right back and I always say to myself, is this moron serious, is he trying to gloate me into chasing him? So I act like im walking away and he runs after me, I smoke bomb him and focus kill him.
    +Rep for knowing exactly how to handle n00bs. Stun them and make them sit there in shame until you waste them.

Game on....

The best tactic to use when noobs are playing is to get to first place and then go on the defensive. Use any means at your disposal to blend, merge, hide and trick the pursuers into killing the wrong target and getting lure bonuses or stun bonuses (if possible). Your target will usually be drawn to you anyway because of all the pursuers that are after you.

Another way to avoid noobs on rooftops is to play team objective games.

I usually get a focus / poison combo two or three times in one deathmatch.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    The best tactic to use when noobs are playing is to get to first place and then go on the defensive. Use any means at your disposal to blend, merge, hide and trick the pursuers into killing the wrong target and getting lure bonuses or stun bonuses (if possible). Your target will usually be drawn to you anyway because of all the pursuers that are after you.

Another way to avoid noobs on rooftops is to play team objective games.

I usually get a focus / poison combo two or three times in one deathmatch.
    I may have to start adding all of these suggestions into my Advanced AC:R MP Strategies Thread.

You know, just grab a bunch of quotes and start a little compilation?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Using rooftops and knowing how and when to use them is key to victory in Assassin's creed. It's the people who use them the entire game that piss me off...ten times worse than CoD campers or Goldeneye campers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast