Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Stop ruining Assassin's Creed MP.

This is a discussion on Stop ruining Assassin's Creed MP. within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; If you are one of those "assassin" wannabes that sprints around the entire match or stays on rooftops the entire ...

Retired TGT Member

Stop ruining Assassin's Creed MP.

If you are one of those "assassin" wannabes that sprints around the entire match or stays on rooftops the entire time, you should be punched in the face. And I don't just mean punched as in stunned by someone who actually knows how to play the game, I mean give me your address so I can come to your house and punch you in the face with my fist.

Not only do you cheat yourself out of fun and a significant quantity of XP, but you also ruin the match for others as well. This is particularly true for Simple Deathmatch, which is by far my favorite mode. Or at least it was for a while, but now it's being overrun by fucking sprinters and roofers.

So for the past couple hours I've been playing with roughly the same group. I'm level 48 and there were a couple guys in the high 40s, one in the high teens, and the rest were level 5 or below. For several matches in a row, I was averaging 5000XP and the other level 40s were in the high 3000's. The n00bs typically scored 300-800XP. And you know what? That's how it should be. You're n00bs. It takes time to learn to play the game. You have to start out getting owned by those who have experience until you figure it out for yourself. Just take it in the ass and move on.

So as I was saying, I was on a decent roll. Then the group changes. Two roofers and a sprinter join. THE ENTIRE DYNAMIC OF THE MATCH CHANGES. Why? Roofers create a cascading effect, the end result of which is everybody on the rooftops. This is because one player goes up, then his pursuer has to go up (the smart move is to NOT do this, or just kill an NPC and get a new, non-douchebag target), then his pursuer goes up, and so on, until half or more of the competitors are on the roofs. What happens? It's a huge waste of time and everybody gets 100-200XP per kill, then it starts all over again.

I have a whole separate bone to pick with sprinters. The game provides a great deal of feedback as you're approaching your target. There's a meter in the upper right (yes, it actually means something). It fills, empties, and changes color. In fact, there's a fucking bell tone that plays when you've been too obvious around your target. You know what happens then? On your target's screen, a giant, glowing, red triangle appears over your head and they tap to get an instant lock on you. As far as I'm concerned, if you've been that obvious, the game should just auto-stun you and make you sit on the ground in shame for three seconds while your pursuer comes up and slits your throat.

Needless to say, after these morons entered the match, my scores went way down. A "good" score became 3500XP, not 5000XP. And how many points did the roofers and sprinters score? Oh I'd say 1200-1500XP per match. If I can get 3 kills and you can get 15, yet I score more points than you, YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

I mean do you really know NOTHING about the game? How can you possibly enjoy scoring a measly 100XP every single time you kill someone? When a real player kills you for 650XP, don't you say to yourself "holy shit that's a lot of XP, what do I have to do to earn that? lemme research it for five seconds and actually learn something".

What's more, is the game puts you through excellent (if boring) tutorials on how to play and score well! It's the first thing you do! I honestly can't think of a bigger facepalm inducer than you damn n00bs. You are killing the experience.

Lvl 8 - Gold

these are the reasons i quit playing the game.i liked it to begin with,it was more like a battle of wits,then it became a game of dimwits.

Ghost Assassin

That did kind of piss me off when I played to get to lvl 20 for the trophy. I would be walking in a crowd, my pursuer would bump into me and all I could do was get an honorable death. I don't think there were too many sprinters before and I don't know how bad it is now. I have a game suggestion for the roofers and sprinters, Call of Duty!

Bringing the PAIN

This is what make AC online dumb. As is the reason I wont play it ever again.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Kiwi Defender

Ok guys, there's your 8 paragraph-long description of why creating a multiplayer mode for Ass Creed will never work well.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

An old-fashioned cowboy

It's funny you mentioned this because the other day I was in a Manhunt lobby for a good 2 or 3 hours. The people in the lobby kept changing (what with people leaving and such). Anyway during my final game in that lobby these two guys joined in (one which was LV 1). Anyway the guy's final score: 6000 xp roughly on 13 kills. My final score: 4500xp roughly on just 4 kills. And the sad part is that I overheard these two guys talking on their mics and by the sounds of it the guy was just fresh off Brotherhood's MP.

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Ok guys, there's your 8 paragraph-long description of why creating a multiplayer mode for Ass Creed will never work well.
    But when it does work like he mentioned, it's phenomenally fun. The paranoia, the stealth - it's all addictive.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    But when it does work like he mentioned, it's phenomenally fun. The paranoia, the stealth - it's all addictive.
    Yeah, but creating a multiplayer that depends on douchebags not joining a match, you're seriously fucking up somewhere since you conceived the idea.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Haven't gotten to revelations yet getting it in a few days, but fuck I just got level 50 on Brotherhood and my god did this piss me off. Why can't people just play properly...
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

PRO Member

This is the one reason I hate Assassin's Creed MP, THE FUCKING PEOPLE WHO PLAY IT.
    This would be one of the greatest MP games of all-time, but it simply isn't. If only it came with some sort of stun gun peripheral that you strap around your neck, then it could give you a jolt when you were acting like an asshole.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 7 - Gold

The sodium levels in this thread are high. Yet there's no mention of Wesker...

Lol, I'm not an expert at all when it comes to Assassin's Creed MP but I'm smart enough to know that running around and hoping on rooftops isn't the smartest of choices. Too bad I can't Foot Dive 'em.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Trophy Huntin'

I kind of don't understand what the big deal is... I haven't played revelations, but i've played brotherhood and I assume it's the same deal. I understand that it gets annoying, but it's their problem. They're the ones losing the xp and playing like a dumbass. But i guess it does change the course of the game. Rather than a strategic, stealth based game it becomes a run and gun. This proves that call of duty as ruined multiplayer across the board and now everyone wants a game that's like call of duty or it's "shit"

Looking for some new games? Check out the Trading post for some great deals!
    Latest Platinum: Batman: The Order 1886

Working On: PS4: Star Wars Battlefront and Rocket League
    PS3: Dishonored and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
    Vita: Rainbow Moon and Hotline Miami 2

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bangcrashboom View Post
    I kind of don't understand what the big deal is... I haven't played revelations, but i've played brotherhood and I assume it's the same deal. I understand that it gets annoying, but it's their problem. They're the ones losing the xp and playing like a dumbass. But i guess it does change the course of the game. Rather than a strategic, stealth based game it becomes a run and gun.
    It just makes the game unplayable for the "hardcore" players. Like Curb said, when everybody is playing the game how it's supposed to be played it's simply brilliant. The strategy of planning a kill, the sense of paranoia, everything just "flows".

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Some (READ what i said: some) people are new. The ones in the high 40s are definitely noobs. But you can't change it. They're not going to listen to random person.
    This has nothing to do with the forum, but i don't know where to put it:
    One time, i got killed and respawned in my pursuers face. Yeah, you read that right. It happens very rarely since im level 20 and it occured only once but even that one time is ridiculous.

Quartercircle Forward.

Well this also happened in AC:B, so I feel you. At least in Revelations you only have to go to level 20 to get the :plat:, if you don't wanna continue playing the MP. Unlike AC:B, where you had to grind to level 50 -.-

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I just recently started playing this and have seen this alot. I didnt play AC:B so I thought it seemed a little strange when people were running all over the place, lol. I thought I was missing something when I was trying to be inconspicuous. That for letting me know that I wasn't.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I agree with this. I went againist a lv 50 prestiged roofer... didnt die once or even score 1500 points but he didnt die a single time and I spent 7+ minutes of wanted chasing him. Certain levels are built so roofers CANT be caught and if you add knifes to that.... just quit.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bangcrashboom View Post
    I kind of don't understand what the big deal is... I haven't played revelations, but i've played brotherhood and I assume it's the same deal. I understand that it gets annoying, but it's their problem. They're the ones losing the xp and playing like a dumbass. But i guess it does change the course of the game. Rather than a strategic, stealth based game it becomes a run and gun. This proves that call of duty as ruined multiplayer across the board and now everyone wants a game that's like call of duty or it's "shit"
    Actually, it does change it. If you have to kill someone on the roof, your pursuer will have to go on the roof aswell //infinite loop

PRO Member

so what else is new? the community for pretty much every online game sucks...COD = noob tubers, knifers, 360 no scope dropshot and whatever they call it shooters, little kids with mics...BF3 = People who just camps for vehicles, people who don't give two shits about the flags or bombs... AC Multiplayer = Runners.
    See? and i could probably go on but my point is just if you really expect a game where the community is flawless you will have to wait forever because there will always be those little douchebags who simply play the game like idiots...end of story :/

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 10 - Platinum

This is why I very rarely play online. It's just to frustrating and not worth it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast