Bad Idea: Ubisoft should sell XP multiplier for AC games.

This is a discussion on Bad Idea: Ubisoft should sell XP multiplier for AC games. within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; I was just lamenting that the double XP weekend for AC:R has come and gone. It was great while it ...

Retired TGT Member

Bad Idea: Ubisoft should sell XP multiplier for AC games.

I was just lamenting that the double XP weekend for AC:R has come and gone. It was great while it lasted, but now I'm back to the typical XP earning pace.

I guess I'll call this my "Bad Idea for the Day" and put it out here for us to discuss.

Should Ubisoft sell a multiplayer XP multiplier in the PSN Store? If so, how much would you be willing to buy it for?

For example, I'd be tempted to spend $5-$10 on a permanent x2 XP multiplier.

But wouldn't that make me the biggest douche ever if I bought it? EXCEPT that everybody else can buy it as well......like I said, I think overall it's a bad idea. But I thought I'd open it up for discussion

Ghost Assassin

I'm sure they would make it a $15 DLC and then a bunch of people would buy it. I say it's plausible. These days companies will make any kind of DLC to make a quick buck. I just hope that no game company actually does this.

Resident PHD

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH posts like this are developers wet dreams. Do not give them ideas.

Oh man I've got to hide until this all blows over

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Gotham's Reckoning

Hmmm, well personally I wouldn't buy it if Ubisoft actually went through with it although thats mainly because I'm a complete cheapskate. As an idea though, it doesn't sound bad but I doubt it will happen but then again developments will do anything now if it gets them more money nowadays and even if it did happen, it still would be a lot better idea than what EA had for Dantes Inferno when they decided to offer souls for sale on the PSN store so that you can buy the holy/unholy upgrades.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    I'm sure they would make it a $15 DLC and then a bunch of people would buy it. I say it's plausible. These days companies will make any kind of DLC to make a quick buck. I just hope that no game company actually does this.
    You drive a hard bargain man. I'm not spending a penny over $12

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    Hmmm, well personally I wouldn't buy it if Ubisoft actually went through with it although thats mainly because I'm a complete cheapskate. As an idea though, it doesn't sound bad but I doubt it will happen but then again developments will do anything now if it gets them more money nowadays and even if it did happen, it still would be a lot better idea than what EA had for Dantes Inferno when they decided to offer souls for sale on the PSN store so that you can buy the holy/unholy upgrades.
    That EA example is kinda what I'm getting at. It's like spending more money to get a shortcut. In your example, it's souls. In mine, it's XP. I admit that I bought some of the supercars for NFS: Undercover because I thought they'd increase my chances of performing well in the game

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Go the MW3 route and slap codes on a brand of soft drink and chips. I honestly would not buy DXP from the PSN store, but would probably buy a bottle of, let's say, pepsi if it had some ACR DXP codes. If they did sell DXP codes in the PSN store though, they should be priced according to length of duration.

0.99 for 1hr
    1.99 for 3hr
    2.99 for 5 hr
    3.99 for 8hr
    4.99 for 12hr

something like that. I don't know.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cali-Elite View Post
    Go the MW3 route and slap codes on a brand of soft drink and chips. I honestly would not buy DXP from the PSN store, but would probably buy a bottle of, let's say, pepsi if it had some ACR DXP codes. If they did sell DXP codes in the PSN store though, they should be priced according to length of duration.

0.99 for 1hr
    1.99 for 3hr
    2.99 for 5 hr
    3.99 for 8hr
    4.99 for 12hr

something like that. I don't know.
    Now we're cookin'

I really like this idea. It may be because I drink a ton of soda. What soda says "Assassin's Creed" on it? Mountain Dew: Code Red? Or that weird White Out Mt Dew?

Imagine this commercial with a band of assassins. They appear out of nowhere and knife everyone in the neck, then drop smoke, grab an armful of soda, and are gone in the blink of an eye.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I like your first idea antonio of a permanent XP upgrade instead of some hourly thing i'd have to keep repeatedly purchasing. I really don't see it as a bad idea because it isn't something necessary to complete/play the game and it wouldn't affect anybody elses game in the process.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hyro View Post
    I like your first idea antonio of a permanent XP upgrade instead of some hourly thing i'd have to keep repeatedly purchasing. I really don't see it as a bad idea because it isn't something necessary to complete/play the game and it wouldn't affect anybody elses game in the process.
    I guess one reason I'm still on the fence about it is that if I'm playing against a group of people with x2 multipliers, I may still win the match and all, but they will rank up faster.

Advancing to level 50 and climbing the prestige ladder really does have it's advantages. At first I didn't care about customizing my characters or their appearances. Then I went up against a group of high-level opponents who'd radically altered the visuals of their avatars and I just got owned. It was remarkably difficult to find my targets since they were black instead of blue or had bare arms instead of sleeves and so on.

It's really just that I'd be jealous and want to buy the x2 multiplier as well. Which would probably be good news to Ubisoft.

Buy my book, Alteration

I guess that'd be cool, and it's not like it's been done before, so uniqueness FTW, but some people who don't get DLC may be overpowered by fast-upgrading characters and people who now are 20 ranks higher than they would be.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 5 - Silver

I really didn't know you could customize the characters that much. I only played til level 20 and left it alone to focus on other games. I might have to jump back into it and check that out.

PRO Member

I really don't think I would buy it unless it was like 5 bucks or so and only if it was a legitimate pain in my ass to get the online trophies...no...I don't think it would make you a douche, you're just going about it in a different way.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Kiwi Defender

I find it to be an idea as bad as the one that MW3 and Mountain Dew came up with.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

I wouldn't pay for it, because by buying xp, IMO, it's a waste of money, and also I feel like I've cheated by levelling up without actually doing the work, which is unfair for other players.... I dunno about ACR but in most games xp gets you rewards like weapons, so it would be unfair 2 other players, IMO, to just cheat and get weapons while others are working hard to get those rewards.

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

An old-fashioned cowboy

I like the idea of XP on soda bottles. Although I don't think any other company except Mountain Dew would do this (which is fine I guess but I prefer other soda over Mountain Dew). So I probably wouldn't buy them that much. Now as far as chips go I think Doritos would probably be the best company seeing as how they have the most chip flavors.