Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Assassin's Creed MP should have Weather

This is a discussion on Why Assassin's Creed MP should have Weather within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; This idea came to me as I was walking my dog this morning, watching snow slowly fall and struggling to ...

Retired TGT Member

Why Assassin's Creed MP should have Weather

This idea came to me as I was walking my dog this morning, watching snow slowly fall and struggling to breathe in the 10-degree (F) wind-chill.

AC MP should have random matches with thunderstorms, snowstorms, and excessive heat.

Thunderstorms - Make it pour down rain with thunder and lightning.
    • Strong rain becomes another noise you have to sort through when you're listening for your pursuer.
    • On the other hand, if your pursuer jogs or sprints, the wetness and puddles on the ground amplify the noise their feet make, making them more obvious.
    • Visibility is reduced, making it tougher to spot competitors on the other side of the map.
    • Thunder and lightning strikes momentarily interrupt your ability to hear whispers and heartbeats, making it more difficult to keep track of nearby targets and pursuers.
    • If you stay on the roof for more than 10 seconds, you get struck by lightning and lose your contract. (I'm serious )

Snowstorms - Make a minor blizzard that drops 12" of snow on the map.
    • Thick snow on the ground makes the movements of you and your opponents nearly silent.
    • The game could make it so each character has a unique footprint. When you look at prints on the ground, the game helps you compare them to those of your target, so you can track them. This gets even more interesting when you think of using Morph or Disguise.
    • Let certain areas of the ground and rooftops freeze with ice, making them slippery and more difficult to navigate. Let's say you're in a blended group and your pursuer is jogging up to you. If he's careless, the game makes him slip in the ice, throwing off his timing and increasing your chances of stunning him.

Excessive Heat - Raise the temperature above 100 degrees (F).
    • You can't sprint as far since exhaustion sets in soon, making chasing/escaping more interesting.
    • If you look up towards the rooftops to find an opponent, occasionally you look right into the sun, temporarily blinding and disorienting you. (as much as I hate roofers, I still think this would be an interesting twist)
    • You can't hang from ledges for too long or the hot surfaces will burn your hands and you'll be temporarily "stunned".

I haven't even listed any of the cool new abilities this could add. For instance, how about just a bottle of water? Or...canteen...or some other 500-year-old name. Anyway, let's say there's a blizzard and it's freezing outside. You can dump water (bear with me) that instantly freezes, making any other competitors slip and maybe even fall. Conversely, if there's a heat wave, you can drink the water to increase the distance you can sprint before you tire.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

sounds good, they could have also put in some of that into the main game to make it a little more realistic

Click-Click-Kaboom

Snowstorms

If you stay on the roof for more than 10 seconds, you slip and break your neck and lose your contract.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

PRO Member

wow that a amazing idea.......... you should sell / give that idea to Ubisoft....... xD

Lvl 4 - Silver

The Thunderstorm is very good imho, but the Excessive heat is not realistic

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    sounds good, they could have also put in some of that into the main game to make it a little more realistic
    yeah, i'd be all for that. i like when it rains in other games. definitely adds to the realism.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    Snowstorms

If you stay on the roof for more than 10 seconds, you slip and break your neck and lose your contract.
    well said

PRO Member

Wow... I love those ideas! Maybe a DLC pack? That would definitely add a whole new level of difficulty and strategy (which isn't that supposed to be a main focus of the MP anyways?...Strategy).

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by bmj14772 View Post
    Wow... I love those ideas! Maybe a DLC pack? That would definitely add a whole new level of difficulty and strategy (which isn't that supposed to be a main focus of the MP anyways?...Strategy).
    Maybe less of a DLC and more of a Community Unlock Event. You don't want some players to have weather and others not to...then they wouldn't be able to play together. This also means it'd be free!

Maybe I'll shoot an email to Ubisoft

Trophy Guide Grand Master

I would also include in the Snow Storms, that Sprinting while not involved in an Escape or Catch your Target sequence for longer than 3 seconds will result in you falling on the ground....

and I would also include snowdrifts to hide in and perform stealth kills similar to the Hay and Leaf Piles

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    I would also include in the Snow Storms, that Sprinting while not involved in an Escape or Catch your Target sequence for longer than 3 seconds will result in you falling on the ground....

and I would also include snowdrifts to hide in and perform stealth kills similar to the Hay and Leaf Piles
    Excellent additions! So with all hear ideas, we (you guys) have come up with a way to eliminate the ever hated sprinters and roofers; yay! Now if Ubi would just implement them!

PRO Member

honestly all good ideas except the thunderstorm lose contract thing sure rooftop runners are noobs but come its not like they are hard to find or spot so really if you know what you are doing they can easily be owned >;D

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Lvl 5 - Silver

That would make the game unnecesarry difficult but more interesting Good ideas and yeah you should e mail ubisoft with this ideas
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    This idea came to me as I was walking my dog this morning, watching snow slowly fall and struggling to breathe in the 10-degree (F) wind-chill.

AC MP should have random matches with thunderstorms, snowstorms, and excessive heat.

Thunderstorms - Make it pour down rain with thunder and lightning.
    • Strong rain becomes another noise you have to sort through when you're listening for your pursuer.
    • On the other hand, if your pursuer jogs or sprints, the wetness and puddles on the ground amplify the noise their feet make, making them more obvious.
    • Visibility is reduced, making it tougher to spot competitors on the other side of the map.
    • Thunder and lightning strikes momentarily interrupt your ability to hear whispers and heartbeats, making it more difficult to keep track of nearby targets and pursuers.
    • If you stay on the roof for more than 10 seconds, you get struck by lightning and lose your contract. (I'm serious )

Snowstorms - Make a minor blizzard that drops 12" of snow on the map.
    • Thick snow on the ground makes the movements of you and your opponents nearly silent.
    • The game could make it so each character has a unique footprint. When you look at prints on the ground, the game helps you compare them to those of your target, so you can track them. This gets even more interesting when you think of using Morph or Disguise.
    • Let certain areas of the ground and rooftops freeze with ice, making them slippery and more difficult to navigate. Let's say you're in a blended group and your pursuer is jogging up to you. If he's careless, the game makes him slip in the ice, throwing off his timing and increasing your chances of stunning him.

Excessive Heat - Raise the temperature above 100 degrees (F).
    • You can't sprint as far since exhaustion sets in soon, making chasing/escaping more interesting.
    • If you look up towards the rooftops to find an opponent, occasionally you look right into the sun, temporarily blinding and disorienting you. (as much as I hate roofers, I still think this would be an interesting twist)
    • You can't hang from ledges for too long or the hot surfaces will burn your hands and you'll be temporarily "stunned".

I haven't even listed any of the cool new abilities this could add. For instance, how about just a bottle of water? Or...canteen...or some other 500-year-old name. Anyway, let's say there's a blizzard and it's freezing outside. You can dump water (bear with me) that instantly freezes, making any other competitors slip and maybe even fall. Conversely, if there's a heat wave, you can drink the water to increase the distance you can sprint before you tire.
    something that would happen on gta universe without annual releases- well most of these things

Game on....

Great ideas there Anyone know when the next DLC will be released for revelations?

Retired TGT Member

okay so I would actually email these to Ubisoft for the f*ck of it, but it seems impossible to find an email address to send the letter to. i went to their gaming website, their corporate website, and i even google'd it, only to find other people who also can't find their email address.

any help y'ave would be hot. ($20 to whoever knows that quote reference)

Lvl 7 - Gold

I don't think they give an email address out, I know that sounds weird but I honestly don't think they do. Would you mind giving them a call instead? Because I know they give out their phone numbers.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    I don't think they give an email address out, I know that sounds weird but I honestly don't think they do. Would you mind giving them a call instead? Because I know they give out their phone numbers.
    sure, i'll do it. i don't recall seeing a number either...got one handy?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Weather in online mulitplayer is an absolute essential for me.

Wht better way to up immersion? Playing online is a good rush since it offers you the chance to play with ACTUAL people you have no fucking clue of, what better way to change up you perspective of a map you already know by making it piss down with rain?

Resistance 3 had a map (note: just the ONE map) with a dynamic weather effect, and that was snow.

Every game I joined from then on, if it wasn't this one, specific map, I didn't play at all.

Bloody Beautiful

Lvl 7 - Gold

These were on the corporate website.

Business office
    625 Third Street
    San Francisco - CA 94107
    Tel: +1 (415) 547 4000
    Fax: +1 (415) 547 4001

Ubisoft Red Storm Entertainment
    2000 Centre Green Way
    Suite 300
    Cary, NC 27513
    Tel: +1 (919) 460 1776

Corporate Website
    (I added the link just in case you wanted some sort of proof, and it wasn't bogus information.)
    That's for their offices, the others were for careers, and technical support.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Buy my book, Alteration

That'd. Be. AWESOME. The rain and/or snow could slicken the roofs and roads, so when you stop running, you slide a bit, and you'd slide when you turn corners. You could also listen to splashing in the water to tell how far your pursuer in. I also like the water->ice stuff. You could use hookblades as ice picks. A perk could stop you from sliding/slipping on ice. When you're knocked down from bumping into pedestrians or stunned, it'd take longer, on account on lessened traction. The heat could also make your blades hotter, for sizzlingly kills, and make hotter throwing knives, and sweaty hands could mean you can't hold onto ledges more than a few seconds. The possibilities...

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast