Simple Deathmatch, Extreme Variety.

This is a discussion on Simple Deathmatch, Extreme Variety. within the Assassin's Creed: Revelations forum, part of the A; Earn Extreme Variety in Simple Deathmatch, without boosting. I discovered this challenge watching one of xangiexdx/Subject 17's videos on YouTube. ...

Retired TGT Member

Simple Deathmatch, Extreme Variety.

Earn Extreme Variety in Simple Deathmatch, without boosting.

I discovered this challenge watching one of xangiexdx/Subject 17's videos on YouTube. If you don't know who that is and you like Assassin's Creed Multiplayer, stop reading this and go look her up.

I've hit level 50 on AC:R on my ps3 and I'm progressing well on the xbox, but this challenge is really intriguing me. If my research is accurate, there are only 16 bonuses that you can earn in Simple Deathmatch, and several of those are extremely rare.

I think I earn Greater Variety about 50% of the time, but I'm pretty sure I've never gotten an Extreme Variety in Simple Deathmatch. So now I will take up this challenge and log my progress here.

Oh, and I'll probably be recording each session as well. If I do something cool or reach this target, I'll upload it to YouTube so you can see.

So I'll start by categorizing the bonuses in terms of difficulty/rarity. Note that this is pretty subjective and I've only logged like 25 hours of MP play, so these may change.

Common
    1. Hidden Kill - just hop into a blend group or haystack for a sec, then kill.
    2. Ground Finish - somebody beat you to the punch, eh?
    3. Discreet - just have a little jog on the way to your target.
    4. Silent - take a little stroll on the way to your target.
    5. Incognito - keep your distance, but don't make it look like you're trying to keep your distance, Chewie.
    6. Stun - you're trying to kill me? i think not. how's a knee to the groin feel?
    7. Poacher - get there first, then taunt your rival pursuer.
    8. Savior - thank me later, unless i kill you, too.

Hit or Miss
    1. Reckless - have to be pretty n00bish, or try for this deliberately.
    2. Revenge - payback is a bitch.
    3. Chain - jack of all trades really. stun and kill within short timeframe.
    4. Acrobatic Kill - either drop from a ledge or kill somebody walking on a beam, from a beam.

Rare
    1. Grab Kill (aka Drop Kill) - pretty much NEVER going to happen.
    2. Focus - tougher than you think as people tend to keep moving around a lot and everyone knows the whispers this time.
    3. Grounded - definitely works in Simple Deathmatch.
    4. First Blood - be quick or be...well...sad.

Confirmed Don't Count
    1. Kill
    2. Contested Kill
    3. Aerial Kill
    4. Honorable Death - pursuers have all the fun don't they? pussies.

My Current Best: 15 / 16 Bonuses. Objective achieved! Somebody give me a damn trophy for my trouble.

Feel free to take this challenge yourselves or offer tips/suggestions
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 01-10-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Retired TGT Member

You know, I hope I didn't underestimate how tough this is going to be. After another 15 matches, the best I've done is 12 bonuses in one session. Plus, I'm starting to suspect that Honorable Death doesn't count .

Anybody else willing to take up this challenge?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I am so pleased that this wasn't a trophy like it was in Brotherhood. That was a bitch!!!

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy4039 View Post
    I am so pleased that this wasn't a trophy like it was in Brotherhood. That was a bitch!!!
    Yeah, it was a lot harder to get Extreme Variety in AC:B. Doing it in AC:R isn't all that hard, so long as you're playing something other than Simple Deathmatch. That's why this is such a challenge

Retired TGT Member

Alright just a little update here. I moved Poacher and Savior to the "Common" category as I'm earning them almost every time.

I also moved Acrobatic Kill to "Hit or Miss" as it really depends on the map, otherwise it's easy. Any time there's a small ledge bordering a walkway or stairway, just hop on it and kill someone. Much easier than hanging off the side of a building and hoping somebody walks directly under you.

I have gotten a few Grab Kills lately and they are just awesome. 450xp just for the kill alone.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    I have gotten a few Grab Kills lately and they are just awesome. 450xp just for the kill alone.
    Im glad theyboosted the exp since brotherhood. Getting one of those in botherhood gave you only 50 more then a normal kill! (if i remember correctly) and this sounds like a difficult challenge

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by industry18 View Post
    Im glad theyboosted the exp since brotherhood. Getting one of those in botherhood gave you only 50 more then a normal kill! (if i remember correctly) and this sounds like a difficult challenge
    Okay now I'm pissed off. I just finished a Simple Deathmatch in which I landed 16 different bonuses, but Extreme Variety did not pop.

I know that Kill, Contested Kill, Variety, and Greater Variety do not count. I got all of these:

1. Acrobatic Kill
    2. Aerial Kill
    3. Chain
    4. Discreet
    5. Focus
    6. Grab Kill
    7. Ground Finish
    8. Hidden Kill
    9. Honorable Death
    10. Incognito
    11. Poacher
    12. Reckless
    13. Revenge
    14. Savior
    15. Silent
    16. Stun

But NO Extreme Variety. This means that TWO of the bonuses on that list must not count! I'm so pissed.

Which ones don't count???!!?!?!!!

Ground Finish? Aerial Kill? Reckless? Honorable Death? Damnit. I'll just have to verify all those and report back. WTF

Also, I got this on video, so I might upload it

UPDATE: I confirmed the reason I didn't get my EV bonus is because neither Aerial Kill nor Honorable Death count.

This means my current best is fourteen. Just one little Grounded or First Blood away from glory!!!
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 01-09-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Retired TGT Member

Just confirmed that Aerial Kill and Honorable Death also do not count towards Variety bonuses. I was able to confirm that Ground Finish and Reckless count.

This means you only have 16 bonuses to choose from in Simple Deathmatch, so you basically need a perfect game. This includes at least three of these four: a "out of my control" First Blood, a tricky Focus, the elusive Grab Kill, and the rare Grounded bonus.

Retired TGT Member

I did it! After a bit of testing and strategizing, I earned Extreme Variety in Simple Deathmatch.

Also, I recorded, edited, and narrated the video in HD so you all can see.

Game on....

Very impressive and well done. I have earned extreme variety a few times while playing ACR in other modes but not simple deathmatch. I will start playing ACR again once the DLC is released.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Nice.

But that Hidden kill (in 1:44) shouldnt count. There are alot of glitches in this game still very addictive and awesome.

I get EV all the time in other modes specially in normal Death match. I cant remember if I got EV in Simple Death match. I cant seem to get a descent game without roofers or runner that ruin your strategy.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by iraqoz View Post
    Nice.

But that Hidden kill (in 1:44) shouldnt count. There are alot of glitches in this game still very addictive and awesome.

I get EV all the time in other modes specially in normal Death match. I cant remember if I got EV in Simple Death match. I cant seem to get a descent game without roofers or runner that ruin your strategy.
    Well it may be bad game design, but it definitely counts. I and other players I've seen use that simple strategy all the time, and it works every time.