Outside Opinoins

This is a discussion on Outside Opinoins within the Asura's Wrath forum, part of the A; i just started to follow the path of Asura and i think that it is a very different game...that i ...

PRO Member

Outside Opinoins

i just started to follow the path of Asura and i think that it is a very different game...that i really like (feels like im playin Heavy Rain/Dragon Ball)..

I want to hear what others have to say about this game... Voice your thoughts, ideas etc..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 7 - Gold

I think it's great. Like you said, it does somewhat have a Heavy Rain type of feel, only that it's like 10x more fun. I just beat the game on Hard (pain in the ass) and now I'm just trying to get S rankings on all the episodes I didn't get them on. This game for me is like Vanquish, where I can get my ass handed to me but still thoroughly enjoy it. The Asura's Wrath soundtrack is also really good, for those that enjoy music in video games.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If I'm honest, I love the game! It's the most fun I've had in a while. The soundtrack is pretty good, the unique graphic style works really well, and the insanity of some of the battle cutscenes is hilarious, but brilliant. I'm currently trying to convince my friends to buy it too, just so they can have as much fun as I am
    Finally got round to resetting my account..

PRO Member

What I really love about this game is the fact that's it is totally unique. This game feels like you are playing an anime TV show. It only lets you control the parts you really wish you could control in any anime you watch, and that is "how the battle will go down". They put you in total control of fights, but leave the story telling to QTE's within cutscenes. This is the first time I have experienced anything like this, and on top of the awesome visuals and pretty sweet story makes this game amazing in my opinion. Even how they sporadically place the Asura's Wrath logo and make you Press Start again within different missions with beautiful visuals, selling the fact that it's as much of a media piece as gaming. It's like the opening scene to an anime. Plus how they litter credits in the opening scenes, it all gives it that feel for me and I've never really had that feeling for a game. Even the Telltale Games (i.e. Sam and Max, Back to the Future) which are episodic in nature, those games never made me feel like I was playing different episodes in a show, they all just felt like their own standalone games in the same world. Nothing that pulled them together. This was like playing each episode in a long three week DBZ fight series except you didn't have to wait until tomorrow all the time to see how the fight ended lol. Once I get my platinum for this I will most likely still buy every DLC this game branches out, regardless if there are trophies in it or not.

"I Love & Hate to Thump-Thump Annabelle and Maria with That Gun or This Machine. It's Lucky my Pew Pew recharges my Tesla-Beaton automatically, or my All-American Big Boomer would Knock-Knock your Cram Opener quicker than you can yell 'Oh Baby!, Mercy!!' Holy Frag Grenades Batman! You need a large Mysterious Magnum to ring THAT Dinner Bell!"

On a scale from 1 to 10, my charisma would be 007

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Common View Post
    What I really love about this game is the fact that's it is totally unique. This game feels like you are playing an anime TV show. It only lets you control the parts you really wish you could control in any anime you watch, and that is "how the battle will go down". They put you in total control of fights, but leave the story telling to QTE's within cutscenes. This is the first time I have experienced anything like this, and on top of the awesome visuals and pretty sweet story makes this game amazing in my opinion. Even how they sporadically place the Asura's Wrath logo and make you Press Start again within different missions with beautiful visuals, selling the fact that it's as much of a media piece as gaming. It's like the opening scene to an anime. Plus how they litter credits in the opening scenes, it all gives it that feel for me and I've never really had that feeling for a game. Even the Telltale Games (i.e. Sam and Max, Back to the Future) which are episodic in nature, those games never made me feel like I was playing different episodes in a show, they all just felt like their own standalone games in the same world. Nothing that pulled them together. This was like playing each episode in a long three week DBZ fight series except you didn't have to wait until tomorrow all the time to see how the fight ended lol. Once I get my platinum for this I will most likely still buy every DLC this game branches out, regardless if there are trophies in it or not.
    It's nice to see another person liking this game. And I agree man, it's definitely different and a game I think people should check out. Like you said, the credits in the opening scenes of every episode and the few times you have to press start within missions bring a really unique feel to the game. Too bad it probably won't get the love it deserves.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by njdog102 View Post
    It's nice to see another person liking this game. And I agree man, it's definitely different and a game I think people should check out. Like you said, the credits in the opening scenes of every episode and the few times you have to press start within missions bring a really unique feel to the game. Too bad it probably won't get the love it deserves.
    I really hope it does. The thing that will drive most people away is the perception of the lack of control you get. You only fully control Asura or Yasha in battle, and people will be like "I never get to explore, do side-quests or even walk around?" What sucks is, once you get past that initial phase of "When am I going to do something other than fight?" you actually start to sink into the story like you would a real anime and realize that Asura has more to him than the early levels imply. And you actually control Asura to walk in the game maybe twice, and the second one is like, "Really? I don't want to walk anywhere with this guy I wanna kill shit!!" Lmao, like seriously the actual walking parts feel forced and are not needed at all. And then there's the length of the game. I mean, its about 8 hours long if you watch every scene, no skipping and no dying. Platinum enthusiasts will be quelled by it because you have to playthrough it like 4 times to get the plat. But I don't play games for the trophies, I play games for the experience I get while I play them. If I like that experience enough, I'll stick around and get the platinum. The experience I got from this game was awesome, so platinum + all DLC for me

So people need to buy this as a New Game, not pre-owned. So we can make sure we get an Asura's Wrath 2

"I Love & Hate to Thump-Thump Annabelle and Maria with That Gun or This Machine. It's Lucky my Pew Pew recharges my Tesla-Beaton automatically, or my All-American Big Boomer would Knock-Knock your Cram Opener quicker than you can yell 'Oh Baby!, Mercy!!' Holy Frag Grenades Batman! You need a large Mysterious Magnum to ring THAT Dinner Bell!"

Lvl 7 - Gold

I really hope it does. The thing that will drive most people away is the perception of the lack of control you get. You only fully control Asura or Yasha in battle, and people will be like "I never get to explore, do side-quests or even walk around?" What sucks is, once you get past that initial phase of "When am I going to do something other than fight?" you actually start to sink into the story like you would a real anime and realize that Asura has more to him than the early levels imply. And you actually control Asura to walk in the game maybe twice, and the second one is like, "Really? I don't want to walk anywhere with this guy I wanna kill shit!!" Lmao, like seriously the actual walking parts feel forced and are not needed at all. And then there's the length of the game. I mean, its about 8 hours long if you watch every scene, no skipping and no dying. Platinum enthusiasts will be quelled by it because you have to playthrough it like 4 times to get the plat. But I don't play games for the trophies, I play games for the experience I get while I play them. If I like that experience enough, I'll stick around and get the platinum. The experience I got from this game was awesome, so platinum + all DLC for me

So people need to buy this as a New Game, not pre-owned. So we can make sure we get an Asura's Wrath 2

Yeah, those two walking segments were weird and kind of took you out of the game. The length of the game is probably one of the bigger reasons why I can see people skipping this, especially if you're a gamer who doesn't really replay their games. Sixty dollars is a bit much to ask for that short of an experience but a lot of the games released now are short. Personally, the length didn't bother me so I thought it was worth the purchase.

And yeah, I'd also like to see a sequel.

PRO Member

I'm not going to lie, I definitely would have liked the game to be about twice as long as it is. I was disappointed when I started the game in the morning and finished the game in the evening. But really that's all I was disappointed with. And trust me, I am one of those people. I rarely replay games because I'm not usually enthralled enough by them to sit through them again. But this one is different. I've already started my 3rd playthrough, and while I definitely am going for the platinum, I'm not skipping cutscenes. I really enjoy the hell out of this. And the coolest part about it in my mind is I could legitimately tell one of my friends or brothers, "Hey, wanna watch a cool anime?" Almost all of them would say yes. And then I could pop a game into my system and let them watch it and it would be entertaining as a show more so than a game. In my mind, that has never been achieved by gaming. I'm not saying that every game in the history of ever should follow this format, but for this game IT WORKS and it works well. And it's a fresh experience in a genre of media that is just as bogged down by repeats, sequels and stolen ideas as much as the next.

All that being said, sadly enough I still wouldn't recommend anyone to buy this game for 60 dollars. It's just too pricey for such a short game. If the economy wasn't so bad and money went a little further than it does now I would totally recommend it for $60 because I think you get a $60 experience in a $20 game length. I hate that. But if enough people can buy this game for what it is and enjoy it, then not only can we begin renewing our faith in Japanese made games, but it will push Capcom to think of a sequel.

I think that game would have had monumental success if they released it as a $40 game. They might not have made as much back per copy, but I guarantee the amount of copies sold would have been increased exponentially.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm not going to lie, I definitely would have liked the game to be about twice as long as it is. I was disappointed when I started the game in the morning and finished the game in the evening. But really that's all I was disappointed with. And trust me, I am one of those people. I rarely replay games because I'm not usually enthralled enough by them to sit through them again. But this one is different. I've already started my 3rd playthrough, and while I definitely am going for the platinum, I'm not skipping cutscenes. I really enjoy the hell out of this. And the coolest part about it in my mind is I could legitimately tell one of my friends or brothers, "Hey, wanna watch a cool anime?" Almost all of them would say yes. And then I could pop a game into my system and let them watch it and it would be entertaining as a show more so than a game. In my mind, that has never been achieved by gaming. I'm not saying that every game in the history of ever should follow this format, but for this game IT WORKS and it works well. And it's a fresh experience in a genre of media that is just as bogged down by repeats, sequels and stolen ideas as much as the next.
    I've been replaying a lot of my games lately and sometimes I feel bored with it. This game was different and maybe it's for the reason you said, it was a fresh experience. I think I played the game 4 times and I enjoyed all playthroughs. The cutscenes do play out more like a show/anime than it does a game and I think that's what makes it stick out from other games, in a good way.

All that being said, sadly enough I still wouldn't recommend anyone to buy this game for 60 dollars. It's just too pricey for such a short game. If the economy wasn't so bad and money went a little further than it does now I would totally recommend it for $60 because I think you get a $60 experience in a $20 game length. I hate that. But if enough people can buy this game for what it is and enjoy it, then not only can we begin renewing our faith in Japanese made games, but it will push Capcom to think of a sequel.

I think that game would have had monumental success if they released it as a $40 game. They might not have made as much back per copy, but I guarantee the amount of copies sold would have been increased exponentially.
    Yeah, you're right. I mean like I said, for me it was worth the purchase but that is a lot of money to ask for. And if the player isn't into trophies then after their initial playthrough there really is nothing for them to go back to. There's no online or anything so $60 is being spent solely on the singleplayer, which is extremely short. There's bound to be a price drop eventually so hopefully whenever that happens, more people will be interested in this game.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I just finished part IV and Asura's Wrath has officially cemented itself as my favorite story of this generation's consoles. Asura and Yasha are instant classics as character in my book. I have absolutely no regrets about paying $60 ($71 after the 3 DLC's) at all.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    I just finished part IV and Asura's Wrath has officially cemented itself as my favorite story of this generation's consoles. Asura and Yasha are instant classics as character in my book. I have absolutely no regrets about paying $60 ($71 after the 3 DLC's) at all.
    yo man im bout to buy part 4 also i missed out on it last wkend cuz my bro was in town so I was playin nhl 12 with him the whole time and not paying attention to store updates. are all of those trophies story related or are any of them missable? if they are story related dont spoil me with titles or anything i just want to know since I didnt see a DLC trophy list on the site

PRO Member

when i started this thread, i didnt think it would take on a life of its own...i was interested in this game back when the demo was released on the PSN...i thought "WOW" (the fight scenes- espically with Augus, where awesome)...when the game was released, i was thinking whether i should pick it up or not...but im glade i did, yes i did Plat it - its not hard, but has some frustrating moments...but this game is solid, you may lose the ability to explore and wander, but you gain something else i cant put my finger on it...but you all know what im talking about

PS.
    i dont think Asura's Wrath 2 should be the title...i was thinking Asura's Rage or Asura's Journey..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    PS.
    i dont think Asura's Wrath 2 should be the title...i was thinking Asura's Rage or Asura's Journey..
    I'm kind of diggin Asura's Journey, I think that would be good. Or they could go with Asura's Wrath 2: The Wrath of Boogaloo...

Plats-O'-War!!

Couldn't have said it any better . I just finished the game and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like the story a lot, so does my wife. Both her and I watch a lot of anime, and when the game ended, I told her about the DLC (that the REAL ending was the DLC), she liked the game so much, she gave me $10 to get the DLC!! How freaking AWESOME is THAT!?!?! Just finished the DLC, and I must say that it was worth the $7.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better . I just finished the game and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like the story a lot, so does my wife. Both her and I watch a lot of anime, and when the game ended, I told her about the DLC (that the REAL ending was the DLC), she liked the game so much, she gave me $10 to get the DLC!! How freaking AWESOME is THAT!?!?! Just finished the DLC, and I must say that it was worth the $7.
    I still haven't been able to get the DLC. If possible, without spoiling too much, what exactly does the DLC cover? Does it have to do with the ending or events in between chapters?

PRO Member

i got DLC 11.5 and 15.5...the one with Yasha is dope, that fight is crazy...and i havent gotten the latest one...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Plats-O'-War!!

I still haven't been able to get the DLC. If possible, without spoiling too much, what exactly does the DLC cover? Does it have to do with the ending or events in between chapters?
    Well, it's 3 DLC: 2 comic DLC that cover what happens in between chapters later in the game (forgot which ones for sure) and the 3rd DLC, is the game's REAL ending that IMHO, is so worth paying for.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, it's 3 DLC: 2 comic DLC that cover what happens in between chapters later in the game (forgot which ones for sure) and the 3rd DLC, is the game's REAL ending that IMHO, is so worth paying for.
    Damnit, now I really have to get it. I wasn't sure if the 3rd DLC was going to cover the ending but I guess it does. Thanks for the info kidson.

Plats-O'-War!!

Damnit, now I really have to get it. I wasn't sure if the 3rd DLC was going to cover the ending but I guess it does. Thanks for the info kidson.
    Your welcome man

PRO Member

Bout to go buy the 3rd DLC right now because of this statement. I've been putting it off because I've been playing alot of NHL 12 and working alot with my new supervisory position at my job, but it can't be put off any longer. I NEED to see the true ending of this game. Did anyone pick up the 4th DLC that just came out last Tuesday? It's all in Japanese so I'm not sure if I will buy it, but it's still hard not to lol.