View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 9.09%
  • 2 - Easy

3 27.27%
  • 3 - Moderate

7 63.64%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Asura's Wrath forum, part of the A; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 6 - Silver

1. Very Easy - Was really disappointed cuz it took me two days to platinum this.. the story is really short but the cutscenes are so EPIC gameplay is repitative.. theres nothing really hard here even when you put it in the hardest difficulty it doesn't really changes

Lvl 7 - Gold

Moderate. What drove up the difficulty for me, besides the final boss, was getting S ranking on all the episodes on hard difficulty. I didn't realize there would be gauges like the Obliterator and Augur gauge, so I S ranked everything with the regular gauge equipped. After I unlocked the Obliterator gauge everything was incredibly easy so yeah, I made the game harder for myself than it probably was.

The game is short and a lot of people find it lacking in gameplay but to me, the way the gameplay elements are integrated into the story make it seem like there's a lot more gameplay than there really is. As a result of this, I never really felt like it was lacking in the action department. If you're not sure about buying the game then give it a rent, it's worth that much at least.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

PRO Member

I thought about giving this a Moderate but then thought again. I gave it an Easy. I just got my platinum a few hours ago and my last playthrough was on Hard difficulty with the Obliterator gauge. I got an S rank on every episode in a row, I never had to replay any. The only reason it's not Very Easy is because you do have to beat the game with Mortal gauge equipped, and even on easy difficulty it's still kind of a pain. There were a few fights like one of the fights with Deus and the end boss where I died quite a few times actually learning attack patterns, but after you figure their moves out its only a matter of time you beat them. Getting S rank on any episode on any difficulty level is insanely easy with the Obliterator gauge. And literally every other trophy attainable in this game will be gotten in play time, because you have to beat the full game (meaning every episode) 3 times, but I did it in 4 to make it easier on myself. I don't suggest playing your 1st playthrough on Hard difficulty because it will kick your ass when learning the game. But by the 4th nothing will stop you in Unlimited mode on any difficulty. And all the other trophies just have to do with racking up a certain amount of pretty much all the things you do in the game. You never have to do anything outside the realm of just whooping ass.

Don't mistake the easy plat for a game that you won't enjoy, though. I loved this game, and I will get DLC episodes every time they come out, trophies or not.

"I Love & Hate to Thump-Thump Annabelle and Maria with That Gun or This Machine. It's Lucky my Pew Pew recharges my Tesla-Beaton automatically, or my All-American Big Boomer would Knock-Knock your Cram Opener quicker than you can yell 'Oh Baby!, Mercy!!' Holy Frag Grenades Batman! You need a large Mysterious Magnum to ring THAT Dinner Bell!"

On a scale from 1 to 10, my charisma would be 007

Regional Manager of War

2/5, Easy

Its more like a 2.5 but overall the game the is easy. The only problem I had was S ranking episode 14 on Hard without the Obliterator gauge because Super Asura does alot of damage and the time is strict for that chapter alone. Everything else was pretty easy even beating the game with the Blind Master gauge and Mortal gauge were more of a inconvenience than difficult.

Huge Gaming Backlog

EASY:
    The game itself was easy but the plat would be moderate. I say moderate because the amount of playthroughs you need to do. It is a fun game and it's not a chore to get through it. I didn't really get into the story though. Seemed to be a bit of a God of War copy. Asura is a badass but does he need to roar all the time. It started to get pretty annoying after a while.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Getting s rank on every chapter on hard was a little bit of a pain , moderate

PRO Member

its not easy, but not extremely hard...to gain all the gauges, beat the game using the normal gauge and S-Rank on hard....are all a pain in the ass esp. the episode when you play as Yasha against Asura...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Though i traded my copy in before i earned the platinum, my experiences with the game lead me to believe that it wouldn't be too hard to obtain platinum, it might just take a bit of perseverance.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

its just a bit time consuming and hell of repetitive.