Asura Vs Ryu

This is a discussion on Asura Vs Ryu within the Asura's Wrath forum, part of the A; i was just on the PSN, looking to see if there was anything interesting...and i noticed that Asura's Wrath popped ...

PRO Member

Asura Vs Ryu

i was just on the PSN, looking to see if there was anything interesting...and i noticed that Asura's Wrath popped up stating that a new DLC was ready...i just thought that it was the true ending (no i dont have it yet, i know its great, and i am kicking myself for not getting)..but when i clicked on it you saw a pic of Asura in Ryu's face...(Fuck, another thing i have to get)

Has anyone downloaded it, if you have how is it ???
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

PRO Member

Are you talking about the 3rd DLC which is a 4 episode chapter, or are you talking about the brand new 4th DLC that came out last Tuesday? The 4th one says in the description that it's all voiced in Japanese, but it could be sub-titled in English I'm not sure. But I am not fluent in Japanese so I'm kinda waiting to hear from someone if it's subtitled in English before I get it. I like the story too much too not be able to know whats going on.

"I Love & Hate to Thump-Thump Annabelle and Maria with That Gun or This Machine. It's Lucky my Pew Pew recharges my Tesla-Beaton automatically, or my All-American Big Boomer would Knock-Knock your Cram Opener quicker than you can yell 'Oh Baby!, Mercy!!' Holy Frag Grenades Batman! You need a large Mysterious Magnum to ring THAT Dinner Bell!"

On a scale from 1 to 10, my charisma would be 007

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Common View Post
    Are you talking about the 3rd DLC which is a 4 episode chapter, or are you talking about the brand new 4th DLC that came out last Tuesday? The 4th one says in the description that it's all voiced in Japanese, but it could be sub-titled in English I'm not sure. But I am not fluent in Japanese so I'm kinda waiting to hear from someone if it's subtitled in English before I get it. I like the story too much too not be able to know whats going on.
    He's talking about the Lost Episode 1 DLC that includes Ryu challenging Asura. Here's info on it:

Capcom gives you another excuse to let the spectacle of Asura's Wrath consume you, releasing the "Lost Episode 1" DLC on PSN and XBLA for $2. This is the one that bringsStreet Fighter's Ryu into the sci-fi/Buddhist world of Asura's Wrath, to duel with the ever-growling Asura.

During the fight, which takes place in side view, Asura attacks both to deplete Ryu's health and to fill his own "Burst" gauge. Ryu is overcome with the Satsui no Hadou, bringing the "Evil Ryu" version of the character into the battle.

You can download the episode now to experience the dramatic duel for yourself; if you'd like to see what you're in for first, Shoryuken recorded the whole scene, which you can watch after the break.
    Source: Find Ryu in Asura's Wrath DLC now | Joystiq

Here's the video of the fight as well (MAJOR SPOILER!!!)

Toggle Spoiler

And yes, this one is voiced in Japanese with English Subtitles.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Common View Post
    I bought it and it is subtitled. The first part has you fighting Ryu SF style then it moves to a traditional Asura's battle. There's one trophy that comes along with it but I skipped trying for it. You have to complete 5 different "mission" during the SF style fight and that section wasn't quite entertaining enough (in my opinion of course) to play it as many times as required. The Episode is well worth the $2 price tag

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I bought it and tried playing it. The first fight was not bad but the second time you fight him was nuts. I tried so hard to beat it but somehow he keeps kicking my arse. It was worth the 1.99

The Playboy Wikipedia

I thought the fight was pretty sweet. Though I found Asura's fight with Akuma/Oni to be so much better (which is now available in Japan).
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

PRO Member

i just caught up to all my DLC Asura's Ending DLC and FF 13-2 ending DLC..as well as the SF DLC for Asura's...and i have completed 4 out the 5 challenges in the Ryu fight...

the last challenge is to beat Ryu without taking one hit of damage...it sounds hard but doable...

is it just me, or when then designed the fight they made asura slower then the rest...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~