View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

2 2.78%
  • 2 - Easy

5 6.94%
  • 3 - Moderate

37 51.39%
  • 4 - Hard

26 36.11%
  • 5 - Very Hard

2 2.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Batman: Arkham Asylum forum, part of the B; Originally Posted by curryboy14 man i hope this game doesnt got too hard on me, really want to finish this ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by curryboy14 View Post
    man i hope this game doesnt got too hard on me, really want to finish this and pick up arkham citty.
    In all honesty mate,looking back at the game now,im glad i did it on hard because i think if i did it on any other difficulty,it would have been a little to easy as hard wasnt that hard at all.dont be put off by what other people might say and write,just draw your own conclusions and just enjoy the game.play the game on hard first and upgrade as best you can so you have all the equipment for the challenges,then collect all of the riddler things to unlock all the other challenges,then on to the challenges.you will do it mate,just stick at it and if you do struggle,there are plenty of vids on you tube to assist,wether it be combat or predator challenges.good luck again mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    In all honesty mate,looking back at the game now,im glad i did it on hard because i think if i did it on any other difficulty,it would have been a little to easy as hard wasnt that hard at all.dont be put off by what other people might say and write,just draw your own conclusions and just enjoy the game.play the game on hard first and upgrade as best you can so you have all the equipment for the challenges,then collect all of the riddler things to unlock all the other challenges,then on to the challenges.you will do it mate,just stick at it and if you do struggle,there are plenty of vids on you tube to assist,wether it be combat or predator challenges.good luck again mate
    yeah im playing on hard atm, no problems so far, but i am also collecting all the possible riddler challenges and trophies and the joker teeth but im gonna have to play through again because some arent possible without some gadgets
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

PRO Member

You get free roam after you beat the game to get the riddler challenges you can't get right now. Also there are no enemies left.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Like snakebit said,you get free roaming after you finish the game.I would personally recommend trying to find as many of the collectables as you can during the story as it helps to build your xp for upgrades and saves time after the game,but dont stress about it,as you can find the maps that tell you where they are.Ithink the only collectable you will have trouble with is the jokers teeth and even then,they arent that bad.Most are on the main path anyways and some are a little out of the way.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    You get free roam after you beat the game to get the riddler challenges you can't get right now. Also there are no enemies left.
    ohh ok didnt know that

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Like snakebit said,you get free roaming after you finish the game.I would personally recommend trying to find as many of the collectables as you can during the story as it helps to build your xp for upgrades and saves time after the game,but dont stress about it,as you can find the maps that tell you where they are.Ithink the only collectable you will have trouble with is the jokers teeth and even then,they arent that bad.Most are on the main path anyways and some are a little out of the way.
    yeah thats good i have a printed guide from IGN and it shows location of everything from all riddler challenges, trophies, teeth to every single enemy.

www.powerpyx.com

It's something in between Moderate and Hard.
    I voted for 3 - Moderate anyway.

Compared to Arkham City it's a lot easier! The tricky part are the challenges, but they are not that bad though.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPyx View Post
    It's something in between Moderate and Hard.
    I voted for 3 - Moderate anyway.

Compared to Arkham City it's a lot easier! The tricky part are the challenges, but they are not that bad though.
    if you compare it to arkham city what would you rate this/

Regional Manager of War

if you compare it to arkham city what would you rate this/
    The predator challenges are annoying in Arkham City but the combo challenges are brainless because the scores are way to easy to get. The game will take 2 playthroughs no matter what difficulty you start on. Its the same difficulty imo as AA but its just time consuming. Just rememver difficulty factors from person to person so you just need to play the game.

Arkham Asylum - 10-20 hours

Arkham City - 40-60 hours

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    The predator challenges are annoying in Arkham City but the combo challenges are brainless because the scores are way to easy to get. The game will take 2 playthroughs no matter what difficulty you start on. Its the same difficulty imo as AA but its just time consuming. Just rememver difficulty factors from person to person so you just need to play the game.

Arkham Asylum - 10-20 hours

Arkham City - 40-60 hours
    thanks for your input

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have to give this game a "hard" rating due to the need to complete all challenges. As mentioned by many, some combat challenges are really very hard to complete and indeed frustrating, especially "Shock and Awe". It almost took me about 5 hours to complete this mentioned challenge. On the other hand, the predator challenges are considerably much easier and fun since they are guides from U-tube you can refer to. The main game in hard mode will be comparably simple once you have completed all the challenges.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by leokaiser0 View Post
    I have to give this game a "hard" rating due to the need to complete all challenges. As mentioned by many, some combat challenges are really very hard to complete and indeed frustrating, especially "Shock and Awe". It almost took me about 5 hours to complete this mentioned challenge. On the other hand, the predator challenges are considerably much easier and fun since they are guides from U-tube you can refer to. The main game in hard mode will be comparably simple once you have completed all the challenges.
    there is videos on youtube for combat challenges aswell.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The Challenges gave me far too much grief for me to rate this as moderate. Hardest difficulty also had its hard moments, including the round room with the Twin Titans and Ivy fight.

I give this a hard rating, whereas its sequel Arkham City seems more like moderate-hard rating.
    I'll censor anything anyone writes except for this for-profit advertisement found at the top of my signature. Rawr.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by wblman View Post
    The Challenges gave me far too much grief for me to rate this as moderate. Hardest difficulty also had its hard moments, including the round room with the Twin Titans and Ivy fight.

I give this a hard rating, whereas its sequel Arkham City seems more like moderate-hard rating.
    I just wanted to know im playing through on hard, would you say there are certain upgrades i should make a high priority to geT?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's been a while but I can remember doing armor first. Anything related to critical strikes and combo takedowns is useful. The gargoyle takedown (I forgot its name, it's where you hang thugs upside down) is useful in certain stealth areas. Finally, for stealth areas with many enemies there is a Sonic Shock Batarang which is one-time use per area. You might also want to get that.
    I'll censor anything anyone writes except for this for-profit advertisement found at the top of my signature. Rawr.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by wblman View Post
    It's been a while but I can remember doing armor first. Anything related to critical strikes and combo takedowns is useful. The gargoyle takedown (I forgot its name, it's where you hang thugs upside down) is useful in certain stealth areas. Finally, for stealth areas with many enemies there is a Sonic Shock Batarang which is one-time use per area. You might also want to get that.
    thank you, once i finish up with some online trophies for other games, i get back to arkham asylum.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Voted moderate, after all was said and done I think I kind of psyched myself out before I did the combat challenges.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Man, been playing this game on hard, it aint too bad, i mean at times its tough, but nothing impossible. I think because its such a marvelous game, it doesn't matter if its hard or not.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I went with Moderate, but the more I am thinking about it I could have gone with Easy. Probably a 3,4/10.
    The biggest problems in this game were the combat challenges without a doubt. I am not sure of the names off hand right now, but the shocking and then the last one on extreme were brutal. The other troubling aspect is when starting Hard learning when to counter. It took me some time to instead of button mashing to evade and really only take on a guy or two at a time and evade as more guys would surround me. After figuring that out, Hard wasn't too difficult to handle.
    Oh, except for Poison Ivy, she got on my nerves quite a bit.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

thanks for your input
    I actually thought Arkham City was easier than Arkham Asylum only because of the combat system. But once you get the basics of combat down, both are pretty easy. The one thing I can say for Arkham City is some of the riddler challenges were a real pain in the ass! But overall, its gotta be one of my favorite games of all time. Great story and very detailed!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted HARD!!! Shock and Awe Extreme was really challenging for me. Took me a good few hours on this one level. It wasnt hard getting enough points for three medals but trying to complete round four within the time limit. Loved this game though. On to Arkham City now I think

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast