View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

2 2.78%
  • 2 - Easy

5 6.94%
  • 3 - Moderate

37 51.39%
  • 4 - Hard

26 36.11%
  • 5 - Very Hard

2 2.78%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Batman: Arkham Asylum forum, part of the B; Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to antoniosbandana of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 02-03-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Moderate - Hardest part for me here is finding all Riddle's the Combat and Predator challenges are pretty easy..

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I voted moderate. The combat challenge's were very hard for me to get use to. I was more or less use to spamming on other games & the does not work on this game. Once combat is mastered the is relatively easy. It's just some of the combat challenges are a bit challenging(I'm looking at you Shock & Awe Extreme)

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Royal Flush X2

3 Moderate The game on hard is really not hard you just have to pay attention to the animations when the goon are going to hit you. The combat and predators are tough at first but once the system is understood, then it's not too hard but Shock and Awe Extreme was very hard. It close to being a hard plat but it's really only one challenge that was very hard so therefore moderarte.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Moderate. The combat challenges are nowhere as difficult as they're made out to be, and can be done with a few attempts. The riddler challenges are enjoyable, but also a tad frustrating.

Team Dingleberry

I voted for Hard, and only because of the challenges. The only difficult part of the campaign on Hard is the giant Ivy plant.

The challenges were difficult for me. What was most frustrating was that the controls and scheme are so precise, that you have no one to blame but yourself when you screw them up.

You weak azz niggs

I voted moderate. I would say maybe a 4/10. The challenges were relatively easy for me because I got really good with the combat system as I play the story. Just a quick question. Are you doing this for all games?

No Game No Life

I voted easy because, the trophies are very easy to do and well I ain't gonna lie, I also find the challenges to be pretty easy as well

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted Hard. Some of the bosses game me some trouble but the main reason for voting it as hard was the combat challenges. I pretty much played the whole game just button mashing so by the time I started doing the challenges, I kind of had to learn a new approach to fighting, you know, actually timing your hits instead of just spamming square.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

PRO Member

3 Moderate I could give it a 2 but I think 3 is fair.... I really had no problem with the challenges but these are the type of games I play. I do see how people could find this difficult though so that is why it gets a 3 from me.

Sig by Smashguy

Needz Trophy Card

Easy- I personally chose easy because the combat was very easy to grasp and once you knew how to anticipate and catch the enemy's attacks it was easy to win.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Moderate - The main game was pretty easy and the Stealth Challenges were fun, but I still don't have the damn plat because of Freeflow I hate that shit.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Gave it a 1 cause it only takes about 10-12 hours to platinum and is very simple as long as you know 3 things.

FreeFlow challenge- Do not button mash or u will fail

Freeflow Challenge- chain ur different attacks for a big multiplier(meaning use all the variouse moves not just hitting Square the whole way through.

Poison ivy on hard- all you have to do is clear the goons and then keep diving and throwing the batterang instantly, in other words this will be the only time you really spam any attack just keep hittin X along with R1 after each time u clear the goons. You can actually pull off a perfect win against her or at least take little damage.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

The Deathly Rhythm

Moderate - Shock And Awe (Extreme)....nuff said
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Gotham's Reckoning

Hard: Story and collectables were fine, the combat challenges were very hard and took forever to beat, especially the Shock And Awe challenges.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Mini Ninja

Moderate. I was leaning towards giving this game a 4, but most of it is fairly easy. The only trophies that proved to be difficult were the ones for the combat and predator challenges. They require very precise timing and a bit of luck in some instances.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard.
    Why? The combat challenges were hard to do. I think once you realise how the combat really works, it's easier. But I feel it was something like easy to learn, hard to master (and mastering the combat was needed for Shock and Awe). The Riddler challenges and the Predator challenges are piss-easy when you search for them online, but they aren't that easily done when you don't. Besides, it's one of my most respected plats, 'course I'm gonna vote hard :p
    30 outta 48 plats!!

Next up: Batman AC, Skyrim, COD MW3!

PRO Member

Moderate- Once you have the combat system down the challenges are fairly easy, and fun

Canadian gamer since the 2600

An old-fashioned cowboy

3. Moderate. Challenges take some skill and patience.

The Incredible Marccap

3 Moderate - I have 80% of trophies except for the combats as it does need time and patience which I didnt have. Otherwise the other trophies were not bad but you will need a map to find riddler items.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast