Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Freeflow challenges

This is a discussion on Freeflow challenges within the Batman: Arkham Asylum forum, part of the B; Scruffy If did that for the second time on PS3 (first on Xbox) then you can do that - the ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Scruffy If did that for the second time on PS3 (first on Xbox) then you can do that - the only advice I have is to try avoid playing with thugs - I mean when couple seconds just execute the guy. Most of attempts although I was getting good combo strings I was out of time.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy4039 View Post
    Controller has officially been launched across the room. Damn Shock and Awe extreme. Last one to get!!!!
    i quit when i got the silver trophy cuz there was no way i was gonna get all 24 medals, way too difficult for me, last thing standing in my way of another platinum, no controllers thrown for me, too expensive to replace

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Finished it finally. Amazing what a break and a gym session can do. I found the only way I was able to do Shock and Awe Extreme was try and get big scores in the first two rounds and then with the third and fourth rounds concentrate on taking out the knife wielding guys first and using the claw thing whenever i could to disarm the electric prod guys. This would also put three people on the ground allowing me to concentrate on other guys.

Good luck to anyone else that trying for this platinum, thanks for all the advice and see you in the Arkham City Forum shortly!!!!

PRO Member

This may or may not be entertaining.
    I managed to get through the Arkham City challenges without huge difficulty. I certainly had to do a number of the Extreme ones repetitively but it wasn't insane like getting through Radec's Academy in KZ2.

I've completed 2 Combat Challenges and 2 Predator Challenges with 3 medals each pretty quickly. The same sort of tactics from AC seem to work in AA except for using the Bat Swarm. And missing the Disarm and Destroy is also a pain.

I think the mistake most people seem to make is button mashing. On the challenges that aren't timed, the very simplest thing to do is counter the first attack, dodge, stun, dodge, hit, dodge, hit. If you did that with critical strikes, your combo counter is yellow and you can do an instant takedown. Aim for a guy that is armed. Then dodge, hit, dodge, hit, dodge, instant takedown. Repeat these 6 moves until everyone is gone.
    Dodging also never breaks your combo so you can dodge repeatedly over to a gun wielding thug to instant takedown if he's too far away.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm going to have to keep all these notes in mind, as I'm replaying AA for the first time in over 2 years, and so far I completely suck at the combat challenges! I've no idea how on Earth I managed to beat one of them without taking any damage, but I seem to have great difficulty in linking any more than 6 moves together before I get knocked out of the combo. Just need to keep practising, as I'm pretty rusty at the game.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    I'm going to have to keep all these notes in mind, as I'm replaying AA for the first time in over 2 years, and so far I completely suck at the combat challenges! I've no idea how on Earth I managed to beat one of them without taking any damage, but I seem to have great difficulty in linking any more than 6 moves together before I get knocked out of the combo. Just need to keep practising, as I'm pretty rusty at the game.
    Hang in there dude!! You can do it!!! I thought I wouldn't be able to AA, but I did! Now, I play the combat challenges to see if I can beat my old high scores

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12