Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Freeflow challenges

This is a discussion on Freeflow challenges within the Batman: Arkham Asylum forum, part of the B; hey all, just wonderin if anyone had any tips on completing some of these challenges. I've finished all the predator ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Freeflow challenges

hey all, just wonderin if anyone had any tips on completing some of these challenges. I've finished all the predator challenges, and only have 3 combat ones left, but i cant seem to do it! lol. im sure in time id eventually get it but was hoping there was something more i could do. i have both shock and awe challenges to do, and rumble in the jungle extreme left. thanks in advance for any advice

Fight Off Your Demons

The biggest thing I would say, is take your time. You have plenty of time to plan out your attacks, so use it. Also, move the camera around to see the enemy you're about to attack. Take down guys with knives first, as they'll screw up your combo quickest.

As for shock and awe, I found spamming batarangs and batclaws between hits/counters worked well. It gets 3 guys on the ground to thin out the crowd nicely, and when there aren't many people left it opens you up for doing ground take downs, which can knock people out much faster allowing you to beat the time limit. Use throws often as well, you will throw them out of the ring a lot and it's quicker than the take down if I recall.

Rumble in the jungle, concentrate on one titan at a time, and once they are gone just try to keep the combos going.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

this. - rumble in the jungle extreme - he gets three medals at end of round two !

Hall of Fame - Best Platinum Trophies

Bioshock (100%) | LittleBigPlanet (100%) | Trine (100%) | Dead Nation (100%) | Batman: Arkham Asylum (100%) |
    Borderlands (100%) | Singularity (100%) | Dead Space (100%) | Bioshock 2 (100%) | Rage (100%) | Killzone HD (100%) |
    RESOGUN (100%)
    | Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

coming soon ... God of War (82%) | God of War II (88%)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

These are a bitch, especially shock and awe. Just cant make em. Got all the predator ones fast, but the combat...wow
    Great vid up there btw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

the biggest thing you can do is to put all 9 combos into one attack. this wil rack up the points faster then anything else. btw i haven't achieved this yet myself but i plan on giving it another go when i play AC

Plats-O'-War!!

This video I used for Shock and Awe Extreme:

I used them for all the challenges I had trouble with. Gives great tips on how to rack up points per level.

Lvl 6 - Silver

update for myself, i actually managed the platinum for this , just had to keep at it, figured eventually things would flow smoothly and id manage. gl to others

Lvl 6 - Silver

OMG, I FINALLY completed these frigging combat challenges (if anyone saw any of my other posts, you would have seen they were all pretty much combat challenge related ) but I managed them! As people have all said, you definitely need to take your time, and a tip I found useful was try to get critical hits on every hit (do this by waiting until each move has finished before hitting the next move, don't just hammer ), use the titans (if available) to smash the crap out of any guards, and try and use as many ground pounds as possible. I was SOOOO happy when I finally grabbed these bloody trophies, now it's on to Arkham City (though the combat on that is SOOO much easier...) sorry to reply to an old topic...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

im finishing up hard playthrough just hope this doesnt screw up plat for me
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I did the last combat challenge today and its just a great part of the game.the weird thing is though,i struggled more on the non extreme combat challenges than what i did with the extreme challenges ,crazy i know.anyways just got to do the predator ones which are a pain for me but ill have the tonight or tomorrow.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    I did the last combat challenge today and its just a great part of the game.the weird thing is though,i struggled more on the non extreme combat challenges than what i did with the extreme challenges ,crazy i know.anyways just got to do the predator ones which are a pain for me but ill have the tonight or tomorrow.
    any tips you can give i still have to do challenges

PRO Member

Just beat the Shock and Awe extreme challenge. Thanks to kidson for the video he posted. It helped a lot.

I had a lot of trouble just beating all 4 rounds. The first time I beat all 4 rounds I had enough points for 3 medals. Just have Rumble in the Jungle left of the combat challenges.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    Just beat the Shock and Awe extreme challenge. Thanks to kidson for the video he posted. It helped a lot.

I had a lot of trouble just beating all 4 rounds. The first time I beat all 4 rounds I had enough points for 3 medals. Just have Rumble in the Jungle left of the combat challenges.
    Your welcome man. The video was excellent for explaining what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by curryboy14 View Post
    any tips you can give i still have to do challenges
    First off mate just practise and remember to use counter when needed and jump to evade aswell.you will pick it up,its pretty easy.you just need to get the hang of the combat and learn when the enemies are going to strike,use the batarang to to clear a few enemies if you get to crowded,but if i can do it you can do it believe me.second i just got the plat,not to long ago ,sorry i dont mean to rub it in.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Yes. Best advice is to learn the combat system. Once you've got it, it's actually not that hard. The most challenging thing is actually finishing the last two rounds in shock and awe. Good luck!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Yes. Best advice is to learn the combat system. Once you've got it, it's actually not that hard. The most challenging thing is actually finishing the last two rounds in shock and awe. Good luck!
    Once you get the hang of the combat,the combat challenges are great fun,i just struggled with the predator ones a little and i underestimated the challenges at first but with a little practice i got there in the end.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

alright gonna use all these lovely tips, and the helpful videos and see where it takes me

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Great tips!!! Some of the combat challenges are a real pain. Flew through the predator ones in about an hour. Great game though and its weird but I am still enjoying trying to beat the challenges. Unlike other games where I just got totally Pi**ed off. Just bought Arkham City off the back of this game. Hope its as good. A little concerned with the NG+ trophy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Its been awhile since I played this but exactly as everybody has stated. Once I learned NOT to button mash, the combat system was a lot more friendly to me and allowed me to keep up with my combos better. Using all your moves throughout your combos really boosts your points. And timing is the key! As for anyone with concerns for Arkham City.... It was SO much easier to master the combat system. Even New Game +! The hardest trophy for me was performing all his moves in a single combo simply cuz he has a lot of moves and I kept forgetting which ones I had already done. Its not so easy to stop in the middle of a combo and check moves off a list. LOL Good Luck!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Controller has officially been launched across the room. Damn Shock and Awe extreme. Last one to get!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast