What did you think of the ending? SPOILERS

This is a discussion on What did you think of the ending? SPOILERS within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; Do you think The Joker is really dead? Just want to know what people think.....

Lvl 2 - Bronze

What did you think of the ending? SPOILERS

Do you think The Joker is really dead? Just want to know what people think..

Plats-O'-War!!

Even though I didn't play the game as of yet, it would be a big plus if you used spoiler tags. Food for thought

Nope, nothing

Yeah I do think he is, I doubt the great Batman wouldn't have checked.

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Even though I didn't play the game as of yet, it would be a big plus if you used spoiler tags. Food for thought
    It does say SPOILER in the title

Regional Manager of War

It says Spoilers :stare:

Anyways I think he is dead because the new DLC is Harley's revenge so she is out to get Batman or atleast I think

PRO Member

All evidence points to YES of course he's dead. The spoiler tags would've been nice, but it does say it in title Perhaps the title could have said Batman: Arkham City ending...*SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Anyways I think he is dead because the new DLC is Harley's revenge so she is out to get Batman or atleast I think
    I can't wait for this DLC and hopefully it is released for purchase soon!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 4 - Silver

i loved the story in both of the games. i think if they do make a third game,i don't think it will have the Joker in it.i think it will be Clayface.if i remember correctly didn't he full into the lazerith pit?

Lvl 4 - Silver

I was completely surprised by the ending, but I think he's dead. I don't see how they could bring him back into the third game (if they make one that is) unless it's ends up being a prequel to the first game. I also think they were kind paving the way for the Watcher (Azrael?) and the guy from the serial killer side mission (forgot his name) to be the next main villains. Both of them got away from Batman and it didn't really feel like their side stories were over...

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by PineappleTimbits View Post
    I was completely surprised by the ending, but I think he's dead. I don't see how they could bring him back into the third game (if they make one that is) unless it's ends up being a prequel to the first game. I also think they were kind paving the way for the Watcher (Azrael?) and the guy from the serial killer side mission (forgot his name) to be the next main villains. Both of them got away from Batman and it didn't really feel like their side stories were over...
    I agree with you on almost everything. They def seemed to be setting up something with Azrael... but you never know. I really think the best route to go with the series, that is IF they do continue it (part of me would rather them not, because it is perfect now imo) It should be a prequel of sorts. Playing off of the end of City would be more difficult story line wise than it would be to develop a story prior to Arkham Asylum, and I mean as long as its done like the first two, a sequel or prequel might not be a bad thing.

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD [email protected]|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

Lvl 9 - Gold

It says it in the title man

-------------------

I'd say he is dead. You never know what might happen for the next game. A new villain? Or it might just be a prequel.. I really don't like prequels.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 4 - Silver

If you wiki arkham city there is one line in it that says this,
    "The sequel was described by Conroy as "really, really dark". While relating the game's dark nature to the animated movie Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Conroy also said, "It involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area – it's that dark."."
    And looking into that series (Batman Beyond) in that movie Joker is also "dead". Not sure if that quote is suppose to mean anything, but its worth thinking about.

Truly I have no idea whether or not Joker is dead... I would like to believe that he isn't because Batman without Joker doesn't make any sense. But the other part of me witnessed, or watched the studio show on screen, the Joker death. This does sadden me that he died, but in a way I feel like it was a good decision probably for the long run, hoping that Rocksteady doesn't start trying to milk the series.

Visit My Art Page: http://artithan-artpage.blogspot.ca/ You Won't Regret It.

'But I dont want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    'Oh, you can't help that.' said the Cat: 'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad.'
    'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    'You must be,' said the Cat, 'Or you wouldn't have come here.'
    -Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

An old-fashioned cowboy

Don't you guys read the comics. Joker dies every month. He's immortal. Anyway I have a feeling that with the upcoming DLC there will be hints at whether or not he truly is dead.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It says spoliers in the title

And yeah I went back to the place they were holed up in for most of the game and I found a positive pregnancy test on one of the tables.. Maybe that could have something to do with the next game if they make one?

Change is mediocre

I thought the ending was great, since Joker died, hopefully in the next one the antagonist is someone else (or they could resurrect Joker). Great game all around though.

To Be Announced

Disregarding the Spoiler tag in the title as everyone has pointed out, even if you haven't played the game yet why would you go into a post where the subject's purpose is to discuss the ending?

I think the end was great. If the DLC doesn't wrap it up, then I'd assume a good forward thrust for the next game would be the outcome of Harley Quinn's revenge, whether that's recruiting an even bigger roster of villains or even making some kind of deal involved in this whole "opening of the gates of Hell" thing. No matter what, it's all downhill for Batman (in a sense) in the next game--physically with or without the Joker, his death will have a huge influence over whatever is coming down, and hopefully we'll at least get some otherwordly visit (or something) one last time to hear Mark Hamill's voice in the series, if he can be convinced (I don't think it'd be too hard) however brief that may be.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 4 - Silver

When it comes to Joker, I never rule anything out. So many characters have "died" in the Batman comics only to be brought back.

That Southern B****

Considering the content of the Harley DLC, I'm pretty sure Joker is dead. Why else would Harley call full-out war on Batman unless Joker wasn't around? I mean, the Joker was Harley's entire world so her reaction is entirely on track for him being gone. Besides, he had the toxin in his blood. How they gonna explain that away when the cure is soaking into the floorboards?

MY question is what happened to Talia? She was shot but we don't see her body during the Clayface fight nor afterwards.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think that Joker is definitely dead, but someone will revive him in the Lazarus Pit at the end of the Quinn DLC. Unless Clayface destroyed it, I can't exactly remember, which just gives me an excuse to play it all again. And if that doesn't happen and Joker is dead, I think that Azrael, Hush, and Scarecrow will play major roles in the third Arkham installment, because Hush got away from Bats disguised as Bruce Wayne, Azrael warned Batman about future events going crazy, and there's the boat easter egg with Scarecrow hints, so of course he'll be in the next one if there is one. Hell, I'm still hoping that they'll throw in ManBat and Red Hood/Jason Todd.

Rad signature and avatar made by DaRe

PRO Member

Well Hamill being done with joker makes me hope that they leave him dead. Unless Rocksteady asked him to put that statement out to keep his involvement in future projects a secret. That being said there's plenty of villians to go around.

Lvl 9 - Gold

killing the jocker for good would be like killing lex luthor in superman, not gunna happen. The next batman game is gunna be epic.... hopefully

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Everyone that knows Joker knows that no poison can kill him he isn't dead. I know that drink the antidote but he didn't need to it, he's been and always imune to any known poison. He is noy dead and for obvious reason Ra's and Thalia are alive as well.