What I hated most

This is a discussion on What I hated most within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; Now I love Arkham City, one of my all time favorites, but also as a comics fan. And the one ...

VII

What I hated most

Now I love Arkham City, one of my all time favorites, but also as a comics fan. And the one thing I just can't get over is the inconsistency between Knightfall>Arkham Asylum>Arkham City. It was made clear that Arkham Asylum follows Knightfall (Which is a famous storyline in which Bane is the main villain and breaks Batman's back and Bane says "I break the Bat!") when you are fighting Bane and at the end of the fight Batman says, "No, Bane, this time *I* break you."

The thing that bothers me the most is that in Arkham City, Batman acts like he has no idea who Azrael is. For those that don't know, Azrael took over for Batman when Bane broke his back. What I don't understand is how they could have such a huge continuity error like that and no one at Rocksteady or DC caught it. Maybe I am just missing something? Maybe no one cares about this topic, but if you do, Pleas PLEASE tell me your thoughts and maybe try clearing this up. Like I said, I may have just missed something, so it'd be great if anyone, comic fan or not, could explain what's up with that.

Death is Awaiting....

I love little girls, they make me feel so good.

EDIT reading through it right now.

I haven't got to far in AC atm, so I honestly have no fucking clue who this
    Azrael person is.. couldn't help much huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Harvester of Souls

I thought it was that they used some elements, but it was going on like a new story, not necessarily in the continuum of Knightfall and Batman canon, but yeah . I don't think they overlooked it, but it's a possibility. I see what ya mean though and if they did.. that is a pretty big fuck up.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

To Be Announced

I think Rocksteady just cherry-picked certain aspects of the Batman lore. Like you said, in AA there's talk of Batman/Bane's history together about Bane breaking his back. However, I think for a general audience, the thing they attribute most to Bane is the fact he broke Batman's back--not really much beyond that. Trying to tie all the rest of the backstory around it might unnecessarily confuse people who don't *know* their Knightfall.

Furthering that idea, the Azrael in AC was Michael Lane (in the bio), but the Knightfall Azrael was Jean-Paul Valley. I think it's little things like that that shows Rocksteady is cherry-picking. Just consider AA/AC as another Alt-verse kind of thing, I suppose, and be happy, because they've nailed it pretty well regardless of minor details and at least have all the basics in place.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

VII

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    I think Rocksteady just cherry-picked certain aspects of the Batman lore. Like you said, in AA there's talk of Batman/Bane's history together about Bane breaking his back. However, I think for a general audience, the thing they attribute most to Bane is the fact he broke Batman's back--not really much beyond that. Trying to tie all the rest of the backstory around it might unnecessarily confuse people who don't *know* their Knightfall.

Furthering that idea, the Azrael in AC was Michael Lane (in the bio), but the Knightfall Azrael was Jean-Paul Valley. I think it's little things like that that shows Rocksteady is cherry-picking. Just consider AA/AC as another Alt-verse kind of thing, I suppose, and be happy, because they've nailed it pretty well regardless of minor details and at least have all the basics in place.
    Oh yeah, I forgot there are two Azrael's. It all makes sense now... *Heavenly light shines down upon me*

But yeah, I agree, they did nail it. I wasn't knocking the game, I love the game. It's just I figured since that allusion in AA, that it was gonna completely follow Knightfall.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schismalicious View Post
    I love little girls, they make me feel so good.

EDIT reading through it right now.

I haven't got to far in AC atm, so I honestly have no fucking clue who this
    Azrael person is.. couldn't help much huh?
    And the most helpful post of the year goes to.............

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Since Nightfall storyline alreay happen how in the world Batman doesn't know aobut The Order of St. Dumas and how come Hush doesn't know that Wayne is Batman.
    What i hate most is that they didn'tb make a sequel based on Batman: Hush. After you finish Identity Thief side mission everything point to that: "I will hunt him down tomorrow"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

There's 2 things I don't like. They're both nit picky too.

One is the huge gap between chapters of Catwoman's story and two is the inclusion of Ra's Al Ghul.

With Selina, the gap is so long that I forget to upgrade her. There's never a point with Bats where you're like "I'm good for now, let me upgrade Selina" When that happens, then Selina is left weaker and things are harder.

As far as Ra's goes... he seems out of place. He's the one villain that seems forced in the game. I really liked the psychological games of Hugo Strange and for Ra's to be included at the end the way he was was a bit of a let down.

Why am I talking about this 3 years after the fact? Cause the first time I played the game I did the story mode and had some things pop up. Now I'm restarting and going to do it all. I absolutely can not wait for Arkham Knight...