Unlock Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City via Online Pass

This is a discussion on Unlock Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City via Online Pass within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; With Batman: Arkham City releasing in less than a week in North America, gamers who are looking to play as ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Unlock Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City via Online Pass

With Batman: Arkham City releasing in less than a week in North America, gamers who are looking to play as Catwoman can instantly unlock her via the online pass included at every new copy of the game.
    For those who will decide and pick the game up as used via Gamestop, Ebay or Amazon, they can pick up the online pass on the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Network for $9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points. Is Catwoman really necessary? According to a Warner Bros representative, “Playing as Catwoman is not required to complete the game”.
    Check back with us early next week for our coverage and review of Batman: Arkham City. Stay tuned!
    This is getting annoying, now to access all the content from a game we have to buy the game's online pass ? By the way Catwoman have 4 chapters in co-op I think exclusive just for her, any other info please post it. Discuss
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Can't say I am shocked, and this isn't like something that is coming out of nowhere. A lot of games come with DLC character, maps, weapons, arenas. This one is just the next in line to do it, and people are calling it an "online pass" for some unknown reason. Maybe they just like to use buzz words?

Just get it new, enjoy it, and reward Rocksteady Studios for their kickass effort.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

an online pass for a game without multiplayer? that is pretty dumb
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    It's not an online pass, it's bonus content. Seriously I don't get why people don't call it what it is, and again it's not like this is a new practice, dozens of other titles have been doing this for years.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

An old-fashioned cowboy

I wouldn't consider this an online pass but rather extra DLC that you get for buying the game new. Just be happy there's no trophies involving Catwoman.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah i would call it extra DLC as well i don't know why some people have been jumping on the walls over this other companies have been doing this for a while now

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    1 day i bet will have to have an offline pass to play offline

Buy my book, Alteration

Eh, I'm getting the CE, so this doesn't affect me much.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Call it DLC: Nobody says anything

Call it ONLINE PASS: Everybody starts bitching.

I read/heard somewhere that if you don't have catwoman the story changes?
    Platbar by Wadefan1

PRO Mimbur

Online passes suck but they're fair. Renting games is really bootlegging them. I'm buying this new so it doesn't affect me. I gamefly so my ideas aren't biased.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

This doesn't affect me none, got my copy paid for already

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ABSTRACT678 View Post
    Online passes suck but they're fair. Renting games is really bootlegging them. I'm buying this new so it doesn't affect me. I gamefly so my ideas aren't biased.
    I don't see how renting a game equals to bootlegging. You are paying to rent a game that a company has paid for. Sure, things like this extra DLC is an incentive to buy the game new, but in no way are you bootlegging by renting a game.

I pre ordered my copy, so hopefully this extra bit is thrown in there when I go get it.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Call it DLC: Nobody says anything

Call it ONLINE PASS: Everybody starts bitching.

I read/heard somewhere that if you don't have catwoman the story changes?
    haha yeah exactly what I was thinking

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    I wouldn't consider this an online pass but rather extra DLC that you get for buying the game new. Just be happy there's no trophies involving Catwoman.
    the trophy list shows trophies for playing as catwoman, robin, and nightwing.

Batman: Arkham City™ Trophy List - PS3Trophies

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by flipplaysguitar View Post
    the trophy list shows trophies for playing as catwoman, robin, and nightwing.

Batman: Arkham City™ Trophy List - PS3Trophies
    Oh yeah. But i think those are dlc trophies and not part of the main set of trophies.

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Sedition View Post
    I don't see how renting a game equals to bootlegging. You are paying to rent a game that a company has paid for. Sure, things like this extra DLC is an incentive to buy the game new, but in no way are you bootlegging by renting a game.
    You're right, it's not similar to bootlegging in anyway, but the companies have the right to charge for content. If you're renting or buying a game used, the publisher sees no money from that rental or purchase whatsoever. Charging for an 'online pass' or to access DLC is the companies way of trying to regain lost capital.
    There is no excuse for buying pre-owned games these days. They are fuck all cheaper than brand new anyway. I see people that buy pre-owned as being just a little bit silly, I can pretty much guarantee I would have payed less for my new copy, save for collections editions.
    If you're going to be renting a game and are bitching about paying for online access or content, grow a fucking pair. You pay a few dollars for the privilege of playing a kick-ass videogame, show the developers some respect by seeing where they are coming from. If you enjoy the game, give them a tiny fraction of what they deserve back. If you don't enjoy it, you wouldn't be wanting more content regardless.
    I see Online Passes as win-win for gaming. Look at how many developers are shutting doors. We need to do as much as we can to support our favourite game-makers or else, who knows? They might be next.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Can anyone confirm if the Catwoman code is redeemable as of now? It seems it is not yet redeemable as I entered the code into my PSN store, but no luck.

I guess I will have to wait until Batman AC DLC comes out on the store first. ^^

EDIT: I am using the R3 version (Asia) so I may have to wait until 21 Oct before I can redeem the Catwoman code.
    Last edited by cocoasg; 10-18-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the Catwoman code is redeemable as of now? It seems it is not yet redeemable as I entered the code into my PSN store, but no luck.

I guess I will have to wait until Batman AC DLC comes out on the store first. ^^
    I can confirm that it's at least available in the US right now. Because I'm playing Catwoman combat challenges right now & have played her in the campaign also.
    On side note, her combat is fucking

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post

Yes she should be available right off from the start...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Catwoman DLC has only just become available this morning, i got the game yesterday morning. The data is not included on the disc so it is true DLC in a way. 217mb download.

However, Robin is still not available... Grrrrrrrr