Can't change batman skin on first run

This is a discussion on Can't change batman skin on first run within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; What's the point of the skins if you can't even wear them on the first run. I heard you have ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Can't change batman skin on first run

What's the point of the skins if you can't even wear them on the first run. I heard you have to beat the game then you can change your skin. I got the game and I don't see no option to change skin. I also heard you get to unlock the dark knight return skin after you beat the game. What is the point of putting that dlc in collector's edition if you can't even change it and it will unlock.

WTF

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I haven't heard about that, makes no sense as well
    In assassins creed brotherhood they let you use the skin in the first run
    If this is true then I'm glad I didnt pre order the game
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm afraid it's true man. I usually play game once and there are many like me. So we can't even enjoy the skin on first run. UNREAL!!!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

And here I was hoping to get to play as batman beyond
    After doing some reading I found that some skins could only be used to play in challenges smh
    Overall I hear it's an awesome game
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 4 - Silver

Seems like a weird thing; not letting you change it until you have beaten the game. It's not really going to bother me, as I would prefer to play through the game the first time without changing anything.

Renegade Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Sedition View Post
    Seems like a weird thing; not letting you change it until you have beaten the game. It's not really going to bother me, as I would prefer to play through the game the first time without changing anything.
    Agreed. It does not bother me ether. I normally play with the first skin on my first playthrough and they pick the skin I like best.
    Hello, I'm so pleased to finally see you. I'm The Doctor and I will be your victim this evening, are you my mummy?

Avatar, Signature and Banner by Bladia. Thank You!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I wonder what happens to the cape moves when you play the Batman Beyond skin. Anyone know ?

I'm still doing cleanup on my first playthough, and haven't started the challenges or a Save+ game yet.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Buy my book, Alteration

You can change skins in challenge rooms without beating the game, but you will need to beat the game to use them in-game.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by digitalman123 View Post
    You can change skins in challenge rooms without beating the game, but you will need to beat the game to use them in-game.
    I'll look into it, the next time I play. Thanks.

Personally, I like the default outfit the best, but it'll be fun to try the others. I like Catwoman's default outfit the best too.

Non-sequitur: I wish we had the option to have Batman call for and change into a fresh outfit, whenever his current one gets too ragged. Mine is looking decidedly tattered in places.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer