Are the Campaign medals harder than they seem? =3

This is a discussion on Are the Campaign medals harder than they seem? =3 within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; I am about 20% into this game now, and loving every moment of it. Just completed all 6 medals of ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Are the Campaign medals harder than they seem? =3

I am about 20% into this game now, and loving every moment of it. Just completed all 6 medals of the first two Ranked challenges (the same combat challenges as Arkham Asylum), but have not tried out the Campaign maps yet.

Though, I have a feeling that Campaign medals are actually much harder work than they seem to be. The difference between Ranked maps and Campaign maps, as their names stand in the trophy list, is:

Ranked Maps - Exactly combat challenges, like those in Arkham Asylum. Simply get all 3 score medals for each ranked map, for a total of 72 medals, I think.

Campaign Maps - You have to go through a gauntlet of 3 challenges, 1 Predator + 1 Freeflow (Combat) + 1 Predator, or varying (maybe) for later maps; I do not know yet whether you have to get ALL NINE MEDALS (3 medals from each challenge) in ONE GO, or you can get as many medals as you can, then repeat that map to get the rest of the medals.

If my fear is right, and you indeed have to get all NINE medals in one go for each map, then certainly, the Campaign medal trophies may make this platinum much harder than Arkham Asylum. Hehe.... ^o^" Wow!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Gotham's Reckoning

I hope not, I barely scraped past the challenges in Arkham Asylum.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

that sounds pretty hard. i have just completed ranked combat challenges

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    I am about 20% into this game now, and loving every moment of it. Just completed all 6 medals of the first two Ranked challenges (the same combat challenges as Arkham Asylum), but have not tried out the Campaign maps yet.

Though, I have a feeling that Campaign medals are actually much harder work than they seem to be. The difference between Ranked maps and Campaign maps, as their names stand in the trophy list, is:

Ranked Maps - Exactly combat challenges, like those in Arkham Asylum. Simply get all 3 score medals for each ranked map, for a total of 72 medals, I think.

Campaign Maps - You have to go through a gauntlet of 3 challenges, 1 Predator + 1 Freeflow (Combat) + 1 Predator, or varying (maybe) for later maps; I do not know yet whether you have to get ALL NINE MEDALS (3 medals from each challenge) in ONE GO, or you can get as many medals as you can, then repeat that map to get the rest of the medals.

If my fear is right, and you indeed have to get all NINE medals in one go for each map, then certainly, the Campaign medal trophies may make this platinum much harder than Arkham Asylum. Hehe.... ^o^" Wow!
    wow interesting. I hope not because it will be more repetitive than hard.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Lvl 3 - Bronze

AHHH dont say that, i think it is going to be like that, i have unlocked a few and they alternate and this would make sense to make up the total amount of ? to get the trophies?!?!?!

Bringing the PAIN

You have to get them all in the one trip. You have 3 retrys to get more chances but once you use those up oh well! START ALL OVER!

Enjoy for those who suck at combat!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 7 - Gold

Wow that is really disheartening to think that the plat is gonna be harder than Arkham Asylum...I guess a person could emergency quit to get more tries than just 3 but it still seems like a shitty experience to get them all. Hopefully someone will post walkthroughs or a guide to do the predatory part of it and the rest is dependent upon your combat skill.

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    I guess a person could emergency quit to get more tries than just 3 but it still seems like a shitty experience to get them all.
    No... if you restart it uses one of your tries...

As for the walkthrus they are all the same as the single predator missions. only like 2 of them were hard so far so shouldnt be worried about that. The modifiers are what SUCKS!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2