first playtrough?

This is a discussion on first playtrough? within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; i beat arkham asylum in hard but it only take one playtrough to platinum, in arkham city i need new ...

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

first playtrough?

i beat arkham asylum in hard but it only take one playtrough to platinum, in arkham city i need new game plus right?, so should i start on normal or hard?
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've been playing on hard and its pretty easy. Guys with guns kill you pretty quick if spotted but nothing too terriable.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

but what is new in new game plus i mean, if play the first playtrough in hard and the second too maybe gets a little boring, or is other difficulty to unlock?
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

PRO Member

I'd like to know this as well. I plan on starting this weekend. From what I understand NG+ is the same difficulty, regardless of what difficulty you do your first playthough on. If this is correct, I'm going to start on Normal and give myself less of a headache.

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

ok i found this in ign

HOW DO I UNLOCK NEW GAME PLUS?
    Finish the game on normal or hard mode

WHAT DO I START NEW GAME PLUS WITH?
    ALL of your gadgets from the end of your first playthrough, ALL of your XP (including unlocked upgrades)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT?
    No counter icons on thugs
    Different Thug Levels: tougher thugs are available from the start of the game
    Different Thug Configuration
    Increased difficulty Bosses : Bosses will be even more cunning

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM HARD MODE?
    The main difference is that you will have ALL of your gadgets and xp so even though the enemies may be tougher you will have the technical upper hand

IS NEW GAME PLUS ONE DIFFICULTY SETTING?
    Yes, regardless of whether you finish the game on normal or hard new game plus will be the same difficulty

CAN I STILL REPLAY THE GAME WITHOUT NEW GAME PLUS?
    Yes you can, however you won't start with all your gadgets

]

Aperture Test Subject

Quote Originally Posted by BZA View Post
    ok i found this in ign

ALL of your gadgets from the end of your first playthrough, ALL of your XP (including unlocked upgrades)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT?

The main difference is that you will have ALL of your gadgets and xp so even though the enemies may be tougher you will have the technical upper hand

Yes, regardless of whether you finish the game on normal or hard new game plus will be the same difficulty

Nice find! I started on hard, and moved back to normal. Seems like I'm not missing any trophies by doing it this way.

1000th Trophy | | Resistance 3 | Counter-Sniper | 10-Sep-2011

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by BZA View Post
    ok i found this in ign

WHAT IS DIFFERENT?

Ah helpful info. Thanks!
    Can't wait to start this in a couple days. I had to place my copy in a location that I can't see it so I won't be tempted!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah good find there, i knew all this before hand anyway to be honest but apparently the NG+ is EXTREME difficulty and this comes fro the number one 'duck360'

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Tinny448 View Post
    Yeah good find there, i knew all this before hand anyway to be honest but apparently the NG+ is EXTREME difficulty and this comes fro the number one 'duck360'
    You are kidding me right?...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

missing since 1996

Yea I am having a fun time with the stupid riddler trophies then I plan on new game+ on normal sounds good to me anyways a little dissapointed for no beating game on hard setting though

Thanks dsluckay for the Awesome sig and avatar

Bringing the PAIN

SSJ you do know NG+ is only a single difficulty right? and its EXTREME...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 6 - Silver

apparently the NG+ is EXTREME difficulty
    I just started NG+ yesturday, and I concur ... NG+ in BAC on Normal difficulty seems harder than Hard difficulty was for me in BAA. It seems like not only are thugs more numerous, but 2x as many of them have weapons and/or armor now, which makes it harder to maintain combos and survive protracted fights, which forces you to rely HEAVILY on multiple quickfire gadgets and special moves in nearly every fight against 4+ opponents. It's no longer possible to just run down the street like a beserker and just buttonmash them to oblivion ... you now have to REALLY focus on threat assessment, using the environment and surprise, and getting the most from your arsenal of gadgets and special moves, and don't believe anyone who says otherwise. In hindsight, I almost wish I'd done MG on easy, so that NG+ would be more manageable.

I wish the designers allowed players to change the difficulty on the fly during NG+.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-06-2011 at 01:22 AM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

Finally got AR Knight, so I'm on to NG+ in ernest now.

EGADS ... as I was saying earlier, all the thugs are more heavily armed, armored, and numerous. It really screws up your combos when nearly half the thugs in a given fight have armor and/or shields. They also added armor to the guys carrying the radar jammers.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 4 - Silver

I didn't really have a problem with NG+ Enemies were tougher sure, but it never seemed to phase me. There were a couple parts in the game that I wasn't looking forward to on NG+, but I didn't have any problems with them.

It's no longer possible to just run down the street like a beserker and just buttonmash them to oblivion
    If this is your approach to combat then you may well have a hard time of NG+

NG+ is also quite handy as preparation for combat challenges.

Lvl 6 - Silver

If this is your approach to combat then you may well have a hard time of NG+
    It's not my approach ... but I have indulged in it from time to time, just for kicks.

It was an comment for the benefit of others, not a complaint per se. Some people really do play like that.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-06-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Amazon Reviewer