I had the "save data corrupted" issue.

This is a discussion on I had the "save data corrupted" issue. within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; If you mosey over to the arkham city official forums, it is riddled with people talking about their save data ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I had the "save data corrupted" issue.

If you mosey over to the arkham city official forums, it is riddled with people talking about their save data being corrupt...but i didn't see it anywhere here...so i don't know how common it really is but it happened to me. as of right now, i don't know what causes it (theories about the catwoman dlc are most prominent rumor)but until we know i would recommend keeping a backup save on a usb or whatnot just in case. I was a couple hours in...and (I ALWAYS look for the autosave before exiting to main menu) decided to take a break. Next day i turn it on and it saves the save data is corrupt and i need to delete it and restart..not the game data, the SAVE data.
    I am a huge batman fan so it wasn't a big deal restarting but i keep backup saves now, I didn't wanna freak anyone out, just thought i would give a heads up that it has been happening to more than just me and help you be prepared.

Fight the Future

Odd. I had the GAME Data corrupt, but my save data was fine. I deleted the game data, reinstalled it with the DLC and it's been fine since. My save data gets backed up every night to my onlince cloud though, so if it does get corrupted it won't be too terrible.

Parker

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

thanks for the heads up
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Legalize it...

Uggghhh...I might wait a lil bit to play this then. Hopefully a fix will be out soon...

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have my ps+ set to back up this save so hopefully I'll be safe.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I just exited out, restarted the game and it was fine. It did it to me twice, the first time I deleted the GAME data (because that's what it tells you to do, it says nothing about the SAVE data), and reinstalled, it was fine the first time, then the second time it popped up, so instead of deleting my game data gain, I figured I'd try my luck. So, like I said, I exited to my XMB, and restarted BAC, and it was fine... Keep that in mind.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I had two profiles on my game on my girlfriend's profile it had the save data corrupt just before she started the new game plus, I thought she be pissed off but she just went 'Meh'. It seems like a common problem even on XBOX 360 my mate at work had a problem on his version. Rocksteady need to get a patch out for this.

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

This has popped up on me twice now. But all I did was quit game and reload it, worked everytime

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I had the game data corrupt message as well, before I even started playing so i deleted and reinstalled, and it worked fine until today when it happened again (about 25% complete). But I thought I'd try again just to be sure I'd have to reinstall and it worked fine so just quit out and try again, still got a fright though!

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This has popped up on me twice now. But all I did was quit game and reload it, worked everytime
    Good to know but still annoying. Ive also read that changing the date on the system for the Calendar Man trophy can cause a save data issue...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've only had this happen to me in relation to the Calendar Man missions. I just restarted the game each time, and everything was fine.

Regional Manager of War

Im very lucky it hasn't happened to me yet... also I havent played the game as much as other people. Thx for the heads up ill back my save data even more now

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm having the "Game data corrupted" issue. I've already reinstalled the game utility data, patch, Batman Beyond skin DLC and Catwoman DLC last week.

This morning, the "game data corrupted" message appeared again. Restarted the game and the message didn't reappear. However, I think it doesn't increase your game progress percentage unless you reinstall the game data.

Can anyone confirm this?

Don't want to redownload my Arkham City DLCs and eventually max them out only to have this issue keep reappearing again.

Thanks.

PRO Member

The game corrupt happend to me the other day. I just shut my system down and tried it again a few hours later. All was good. But i was very pissed at first because it happened towards the end when i was entering the tower and had over two hundred riddler trophies complete. I thought i was going to lose everything then chambers told me to just reload the game and it worked fine after that.
    THIS AWESOME AVY AND SIG BY THE ONE AND ONLY KID420247