View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 1.47%
  • 2 - Easy

2 2.94%
  • 3 - Moderate

31 45.59%
  • 4 - Hard

30 44.12%
  • 5 - Very Hard

4 5.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; Rated it Hard . Some of the combat challenges may prove to be difficult for those that had a hard ...

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Rated it Hard. Some of the combat challenges may prove to be difficult for those that had a hard time in Arkham Asylum, and the Campaign challenges are extremely tedious at times. Doing every side mission twice is quite annoying as well.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I rated it a 3, simply because it was so time consuming. absolutly hated the mods in campaign. the predator maps were hard enough without having a time limit.

Buy my book, Alteration

Hard I guess. Those campaigns are sort of lame at times, 400 collectibles, and some of the predators were tough.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

the game is 1 top-notched masterpiece and i enjoyed every minute of it even the part when i was gliding and landed in the mine field and died or even when i played campaign challenges and had to choose some of the most outrageous modifiers and couldnt possibly survive and had to replay about 10 times...............WELL WORTH IT GOOD JOB ROCKSTEADY

Lvl 4 - Silver

I went for moderate. I had no problems with collecting the Riddler trophies or the story mode. NG+ wasn't much of a challenge either. The combat challenges were much easier than in Arkham Asylum. The only reason I gave this a Moderate vote is because of the campaigns. For me they were the hardest part of the game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard

There are about 100 too many Riddler trophies in the game, it overstays its welcome a little. And speaking of overstaying its welcome, the Riddler "campaign" missions can get shoved right back up into the dev(s) that thought them up. Grouping together the same challenges I just finished completing and slapping some modifiers on 'em does not equal more content. It's busywork. The challenges themselves were fun, but the campaigns were tedious and horrible, and are a big factor to the rating I give.

Once you are past these, however, the game plateaus, and if you left the newgame+ run for after the Riddler events like I did, you'll find it to be a cakewalk and can complete it in a single sitting (4-6 hours, not including side missions).

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I say moderate because the only challenging part was the challenges lol (play on words) and the campaign ones at that but... if your using power pyxs vids like I did you will blow though the challenges except for the last 3 those actually require your own strategy to beat them

Plat Card by Wadefan1 Avatar by Chambers35

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Top game, not too difficult and not too easy. I got the platinum last night, now to go back to AA. I rate it at 3 moderate.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

2 Easy - I found most of the collectibles before i completed my first playthrough and after finishing the combat challanges New Game Plus was a walkthrough. Hardest trophy was Perfect Freeflow 2.0.

Lvl 6 - Silver

In terms of about 90% of the trophies on this, it seemed a lot easier than AA. However, having said that, there were some trophies that were incredibly difficult (perfect freeflow 2.0 for example ) and some of the campaign medals were pretty hard to get hold of, but all in all, I found AA much harder to platinum than this, that took me months to get the full plat, this took like 3 weeks. Still, amazing game, and I can't wait for the next!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I give it a 3 due to the extra play through. Good game though
    Add me on Psn- Meil06

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted hard. To me some of the riddler campaigns were quite difficult, especially the predator extreme campaign. For me the most time consuming trophy was combat freeflow 2.0. I loved playing the game, and New Game + was not hard. A few of the riddles were tricky, but not terrible.

PRO Member

I voted #3: Moderate. The most annoying part were the campaign challenges. This wasn't particularly hard, but time consuming. I didn't find the Perfect Freeflow 2.0 too tough though, as have most people. I love the combat in the game, so that wasn't too terrible for me. The campaigns just flat out sucked.

Now Playing
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS3)
    Playstation All Star's Battle Royale (PS3)
    Far Cry 4 (PS4)
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III BETA (PS4)
    Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! (Vita)

Thanks
    kid420247 for the Avy and Sig

Royal Flush X2

3 Moderate. I found the combat challenges fairly easy and of course most of the story easy as well even in NG+. The predator challenges were harder with the Top of the World Extreme being the hardest one but nothing insane hard. The campaign challenges were kinda of pain but its more of the same with some handicaps but still nothing too hard. Perfect Freeflow 2.0 was a pain to get and the 400 riddler trophies was time consuming but that was fun for me. Overall borderline moderate/hard but not hard enough to be consider hard.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

4: Hard

The story mode and NG+ are a piece of cake. However, 400 riddler trophies is just way too many and it gets old after awhile. The challenges are a royal pain and some took me days to finish. The perfect freeflow is such a pain it took me hours, i almost threw my controller at the TV. But it is so rewarding when the trophy pops.

Stupid Fresh Plat Bar Courtesy of ThunderStick

Regional Manager of War

3. Moderate/Time Consuming

The combo challenges in this game are a joke compared to AA but they made the predator challenges a pain . Campaign medals are tedious and easy for the most part, except for Top of the World Extreme can be a major inconvenience. NG+ is easily compared to AA Hard difficulty in which they disable the counter icon over enemies heads but if you have done the combo challenges in AA on Hard difficulty NG+ is a joke aswell. My main reason for not voting Easy is even though the game wasn't hard for me I wouldn't say this game can be easily done by everyone, Pefect Freelow 2.0 is annoying, Campaign medals will stop most people, and the time consuming 400 riddles.

PRO Member

Hard

This is for all the riddler trophies and all his campaign! Not that they are so hard, but they are wery time consuming. I also find it pretty stupid that you have to do all the side misson in new game+ to! That was just stupid.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

moderate...... a few specific campaigns were a pain but once you do the ranked maps your ready for campaign , i will say it took 7 months due to other games and only doing campaigns sporadically but coming back to it after a while reminded me just how awesome this game is other trophys theres nothing difficult but just take time, stuck at 92% due to dlc but will visit every so often and finish that shit

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm pulling myself away from Skyrim this week to restart this. (don't worry, I didn't vote.)

This game seems MASSIVELY daunting when you just start from step 1 but it should be worth it.

I'm not that far into it and it has been so long since I've played that I have forgotten how to do everything. So instead of a vacation, this will be my long weekend.

Working through the Final Fantasy X trophy run.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

PRO Member

I'm glad the trophies only had to be collected once and the challenges but the challenges where still quite a pain to master. The campaigns could be quite time consuming especially if you would do all three stages and come up a medal short. The free medal perks helped out quite a bit on a couple of them but that still wasn't enough for me to mark this any less than a hard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast