View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 1.47%
  • 2 - Easy

2 2.94%
  • 3 - Moderate

31 45.59%
  • 4 - Hard

30 44.12%
  • 5 - Very Hard

4 5.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; I voted hard because of perfect freeflow, campaigns, and an insane amount of riddler trophies. Still, the New Game + ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted hard because of perfect freeflow, campaigns, and an insane amount of riddler trophies. Still, the New Game + and ranked maps were not as bad as in Arkham Asylum due to improved controls.

I'm on the moderate-hard bubble but I'm calling it as hard because of the amount of frustration I had with the campaigns.
    I'll censor anything anyone writes except for this for-profit advertisement found at the top of my signature. Rawr.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard, Due to the Perfect Freeflow 2.0.(rip off bronze) But other than that fairly moderate. What is with the Bronze overload in this game? All the Campaign trophies are at least deserving of some silver. Great game though!

Gotham's Reckoning

Moderate - Easier than Arkham Asylum. The story, riddle trophies and NG+ were fine but the hardest parts were the challenges, campaign and the AG Training side mission and Perfect Freeflow IMO. Most of the challenges were fine although there was one or two that gave me trouble and the campaign was just as tricky with some of the medal requirements and the crappy modifiers making it that bit harder and some of the AG Training took me forever to pass. The hardest of all was Perfect Freeflow as I kept screwing up when I came to doing the Ground Takedown. Other than that the rest of the trophies were manageable.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Will Love you for Food

I voted Hard. I think the platinum was a little more challenging than Arkham Asylum. The story wasn't that tough, a couple parts were frustrating, but the side missions were actually pretty easy. The riddler trophies weren't impossible, but it took a long amount of time to find them and get help on the internet for them The hardest parts were the regular challenges and Campaign Challenges. Those damn modifiers were so annoying. a couple of trophies like: Perfect Freeflow really took some patience, but after writing all the moves down and keeping track of them in the middle of combat made it easier.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This one was Hard. The Campaign Challenges were frustrating at some point and it really took a while to get through them. Then going over the the story in the NG+ was cool, not that hard, but the side missions got really boring by the end like stopping all the assaults, just wandiring around Arkham. And then of course the infamous Perfect Freeflow Combo, that made me get really frustraded.
    Overall it's a Hard but the game is awesome, from the main storyline to the side mission like The Identity Killer or The Matter, one my favourite of this year.
    Awesome Sig By Apokolypz

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate for me. The freeflow system of fighting was much easier than Arkham Asylum and I think having come straight from that I didnt really have any issues with it. Freeflow perfection came after a couple of tries but nothing to get frustrated about.

I would say that this game is LLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!! Having to redo all the side missions in NG+ was just frustrating and finding all the riddler trophies was a pain along with having to do the challenges all over again on the campaigns map wasnt much fun. Had real issues with the one in wonder tower!!!!

Overall I loved this game but like I said it was long and arduous. I certainly got my monies worth completing this. Not sure what to play now. Its a long time before AC3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted Moderate. I don't know why, but i found AA harder than AC.

Even the freeflow wasn't that bad, took about 40 mins of trying. Just making sure i got the harder moves out the way first and finishing with a beat down and floor knockout.

Excellent game. Can't wait for number 3 in 2014...

PRO Member

I voted Moderate for this game. I also felt that the challenges were much easier (minus just a few preds) but it was much more time consuming. I felt AA challenges to be much harder, but then again it might be easier now that I've mastered both games

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard for me; both predator challenges and campaign challenges were absolutely difficult and unfair in my opinion, instead combat challenges and campaign challanges were pretty easy. NG+ and all the riddles weren't not so difficult for me. Great game, making very long combos provides a great satisfaction, absolutely a must-have game. The only thing makes me a little disappointed was the only one gold trophy obtainable, i think that the trophies "Campaign Gold" and "Gold Revenge" deserves to be gold too.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I went with very hard on this one because it was very hard.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

3 - Moderate. It's in between hard and moderate for me. Campaign challenges were the hardest part, especially when the game crashed on me just when I was about to finish the final triple extreme predator campaign. Combat challenges are piss easy compared to asylum, but this is a longer platinum to achieve due to 2 playthroughs, more collectibles and more overall challenges.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Singularity in a Super Massive Black Hole

Hard. The game isn't all that challenging, even on hard mode and new game + once you get used to it. But the campaigns will leave you TEARING YOUR HAIR OUT!!!! Would rank it even higher if the other character's were required for it...

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted Hard for Batman: Arkham City

Most of the game was normally challenging like the story and some boss fights. Really the challenges and campaigns were the tough part. New Game Plus was somewhat difficult but after playing the challenges, it wasn't hard at all. Some of the side missions were hard to figure out but after playing around, you find out what you need to do.

The Riddler collectables weren't all that bad as I grabbed a lot of them my first playthrough. If I had left most of the 400 riddles, trophies, and puzzles for my second playthrough or clean up, it would have been a little tedious. I did very much enjoy the Riddler riddles and challeneges even with them being a lot or difficult.

Flesh is heretic /
    My body is a witch /
    I am burning it

Hello

Lvl 5 - Silver

Moderate.

At first I thought this game will be hard, even harder than Arkham Asylum from the description of the trophies. Then I noticed that NG+ was laughably easy most of the time (unlike Batman AA's hard mode) and I got all the challenges in 1-2 go's, except for Top of the World Extreme which took me about two frustrating hours. I was still convinced the campaign challenges will break my platinum but surprisingly they all took me only 1-2 tries. The last thing left was perfect freeflow which took me about 45 minutes repeating Survival of the Fittest. Overall a very nice game and while not as difficult as expected a platinum, I'm very proud to have. Now it's time to return to Arkham Asylum and see if my training in Arkham City will help me anyhow to obtain the combat medals there...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123