Challenge/Campaign completion & help.

This is a discussion on Challenge/Campaign completion & help. within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; Got Gold Revenge done just a few minutes ago. Had only 1 predator challenge that really confused me but after ...

Bringing the PAIN

Challenge/Campaign completion & help.

Got Gold Revenge done just a few minutes ago. Had only 1 predator challenge that really confused me but after taking some time away I thought of how it might be done in my truck on way home from the store! Feet first is stupidly simple...

Post here as you join the club in completing hard ass challenges to you! Or if one has you so stumped...
    Last edited by NOFORPAIN; 10-23-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Im yet to start these, i only just finished the game, missed half of it to because the sound faded out as bat was walking outa the city with you know who.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Havent started challenge mode yet ... just finished the main story 2 days ago, and am currently doing cleanup on the remaining side missions. Haven't uploaded all my trophies yet.

----------

Aside: Egads, I had to reregister on this site to post. Looks like the entire forum got wiped out and restarted recently. All my content gone, all the content of other members gone. At first glance, it looks like the only thing that was properly backed up and salvaged were trophy guides ... everything else went poof. What a debaucle, from a site standpoint.

Well, at least the fora software is up to date.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 4 - Silver

I've only done a couple of the combat challenges so far; trying to focus more on the story and save the challenges for last.

Bringing the PAIN

Well kids! I am only 3 campaigns away from the plat! 2 look easy enough. Only one I am worried about it the one with Bulletproof/Switch Hitter...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm almost done with the predator challenges, tried to follow powerpyx vids they helped alot but I found out he did them on easy mode (got more smoke pellets)

If your going for the plat and not the letterboard, ignore the time. Play the levels, get a pattern and learn the hiding spots.

I have tips for two

Lost world extreme, follow powerpyx till he gets into the side room but stay in the room, try to use batterrang to knock down the all the enemies ... I was able to do so with all but one, last one he grabbed a hostage but I was able to get behind him and finish the game

Top of the world extreme, do the first two that powerpyx does, but then hide keep jumping around till u get a bad guy on a ledge .. Freeze him and knock him out, they usually come out on their own but you have unlimited freeze and sonic batterrang, riddler will say "there's one of u left"

Bringing the PAIN

Yes some ppl never notice there are actually ALOT of vents in Top of the World. USE THEM! I did for catwoman and they saved my ass countless times. I think I only left them for like 1-2 guys!

Team Dingleberry

Finished all the ranked and campaign challenges a couple days ago. I found the combat challenges much easier this time around. The predator challenges seemed more difficult, especially Top of the World Extreme and getting the shockwave medal in Natural Selection Extreme.

Campaign challenges weren't too bad... Predator Master was the last one I did, and I was on my last sliver of life. Took me 37 minutes to finish the third challenge in the campaign!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I got all of Batman's Combat Challenges done - haven't started the predator challenges yet.
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 7 - Gold

there are 2 of these that are absolutely kicking my ass - (literally 2 things keeping me from my plat, and it's these 2 campaign challenges) The first one is "Ruthless Vengenace" and the other is "Preadtor Master" I have zero problem getting through the combat portions of the challenges...it's the predators that wreck me. Does anyone have any advice on what buffs/debuffs I should use for the predator master maps?
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Well, last night I finished NG+ and the "Twice Knightly" trophy unlocked, and after once again recovering all of Selena's missing loot, I ejected the game and put it away. With today's release of TES Skyrim, I'll probably be tied up in the TES universe for most of the near future, so this is probably it for me, regarding BAC Trophies. I'm stopping on the challenge mode after twin bronzes ... the challenge silvers and golds are just too tedious for my sense of fun and commitment to this particular title, and the requirement for kitty to triple medal on ALL of her challenges (including the extreme ones) just to get a pair of bronzes is gobsmackingly unbalanced.

IMNSHO, challenge mode should always be an optional bonus in a game, and NOT a requirement for platinum.

Toodles for now.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-11-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

PRO Member

I'm done with all challenges and campaigns..combat challenges were easier than Arkham asylum and only 2 predators gave me hard time..after all challenges were done, campaigns were easier..end of the line, and top of the world were the hardest to me..end of the line has a super easy way, and top of the world requires speed for the first 1 minute and then patience to finish it in another 5-6 minutes..

Team Dingleberry

Finished all the combat and predator challenges with both Catwoman and Robin. Using Catwoman in combat is awesome because of how much faster she is than Batman. In the predator challenges though, it's more difficult because you have about half the armor, and no smoke pellets or grapple gun to get you out of trouble. End of the Line Extreme with Catwoman is very difficult.

Robin's challenges were the easiest so far. In combat he moves a bit slower than Batman, but it's not a huge problem. The only difficulty I had with any of the predator challenges was one where you had to hit 3 guys with one exploding wall.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have a question about the Campaign Challenges, as I have yet to try any of them : I understand you have 3 retries available per challenge (or is it per room??). What happens if you can't complete the challenge in 3 tries? What happens then? Again, I'm asking because I haven't even loaded one up yet. I'm done with the Combat challenges and have only 4 Predator challenges left before I start the Campaign challenges..... If someone would be kind enough to let me know I'd appreciate it!

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    I have a question about the Campaign Challenges, as I have yet to try any of them : I understand you have 3 retries available per challenge (or is it per room??). What happens if you can't complete the challenge in 3 tries? What happens then? Again, I'm asking because I haven't even loaded one up yet. I'm done with the Combat challenges and have only 4 Predator challenges left before I start the Campaign challenges..... If someone would be kind enough to let me know I'd appreciate it!
    You have 3 tries per campaign challenge not per room, in other words you have 3 tries for all 3 rooms. If you used your 3 tries the game will end and you will go back to main screen.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

PRO Member

For the first room though , no matter how many tries you lose and retry, you dont lose any of your retries..