Riddler Challenges

This is a discussion on Riddler Challenges within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; About 85% of the way through all the riddle challenges, I found myself impatient and I didn't want to keep ...

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Riddler Challenges

About 85% of the way through all the riddle challenges, I found myself impatient and I didn't want to keep hunting for Riddler Informants anymore. That's when I did a little search and found this:

Batman Arkham City - Riddler Guide

Great guide, shows off a map as well as a tracker matched to the in-game tracking menu which makes it very easy to figure out what trophies, riddles, catwoman trophies or random destroyable objects you may still need to complete. The physical challenges section is incomplete at this time, but everything else works great and every riddle is explained with screenshots and videos as needed.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

It's annoying because I really want to get all the riddler challenges without guides.... but there are soooo many D:

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It's annoying because I really want to get all the riddler challenges without guides.... but there are soooo many D:
    *No shame in using one. I used this only to track down which challenges I was missing - I had to check out the description for two of them because I was failing and wanted to make sure I was doing it properly. Very few trophies are as easy as just finding them so the satisfaction of getting them is still there if you don't read the description.

*It helps you get that piece of mind that you are getting all of them in a particular area without having to backtrack a lot. This was especially true for the subway and wonder city parts for me, I don't know why, but I groaned every time the game forced me to go there. Can't put this bat in a box!*

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Bringing the PAIN

I only had 2 in the end I just couldnt figure out. I had tried countless times on more than one passing to figure them out. I gave up when I had everything else and used a guide.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

space cops! play it cool!

Does anyone know how to do the Catwoman physical Challenge where you have to use the combo whiplash then the combo trip? I've tried my hardest to do it but everytime I use one, it breaks the combo and I have to restart the combo again.

Bringing the PAIN

You need to be in range of a standing enemy...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    About 85% of the way through all the riddle challenges, I found myself impatient and I didn't want to keep hunting for Riddler Informants anymore. That's when I did a little search and found this:

Batman Arkham City - Riddler Guide

Great guide, shows off a map as well as a tracker matched to the in-game tracking menu which makes it very easy to figure out what trophies, riddles, catwoman trophies or random destroyable objects you may still need to complete. The physical challenges section is incomplete at this time, but everything else works great and every riddle is explained with screenshots and videos as needed.
    Thanks for this man. Very good help
    Cheers!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I ended up using a guide for a couple of them; was quite proud that I managed to find them all without a guide.

Does anyone know how to do the Catwoman physical Challenge where you have to use the combo whiplash then the combo trip? I've tried my hardest to do it but everytime I use one, it breaks the combo and I have to restart the combo again.
    Make sure to have a good amount of henchmen to work with. When you get your combo up to x8 (or possibly x5) do one of the moves. Make sure that they are nice and close and once it is done go back to hitting, jumping, etc to keep your combo going. Once your combo goes up x8 (or x5) do the other move. You'll know when your combo is high enough when the combo number changes colour.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sedition View Post
    I ended up using a guide for a couple of them; was quite proud that I managed to find them all without a guide.

Make sure to have a good amount of henchmen to work with. When you get your combo up to x8 (or possibly x5) do one of the moves. Make sure that they are nice and close and once it is done go back to hitting, jumping, etc to keep your combo going. Once your combo goes up x8 (or x5) do the other move. You'll know when your combo is high enough when the combo number changes colour.
    It's also important to note that this challenge (somewhat unintuitively) can only be done in STORY MODE, not challenge mode.

I finally got it done by having catwoman drop in on the gang in front of the court house. Running up the street towards the front door helps draw additional mooks into the fight, which in turn makes it easier to keep your combos going (a requirement when stringing together both special whip moves).

If I recall correctly, another candidate spot featuring lots of mooks without guns are the rooftop guards near Poison Ivy's penthouse.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

These challenges are becoming a pain, after you do about 320 of them you get this idea your stuck in some torture chamber it feels, but the ones that get to me out the ones you have to use the Line Launcher to complete, as that dang thing doesn't like to go where I aim it at all.

But still it adds some challenge which is good and keeps you running around for more.

Lvl 6 - Silver

420 down, 20 left to go ...

To date, I've only needed hints on (if I recall) about 5 of them.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer