Catwoman DLC

This is a discussion on Catwoman DLC within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; Anyone else enjoying playing Catwoman ? I had a blast the other day, walking into the Gotham courthouse and kicking ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Catwoman DLC

Anyone else enjoying playing Catwoman ?

I had a blast the other day, walking into the Gotham courthouse and kicking the #$%^ out of a large gang (16 ?) of Two-Face's thugs ... a fight that would raise a good sweat on Batman himself.

I just wish she had more dialog ... some snappy comebacks to the usual repetitive taunts, and perhaps the occasional whispered quip as she does a silent take-down (especially if the victim in question had taunted her within the last few mins).

BTW, is it just me, or is her whip-grapple a bit buggy ? The R1 climb function seems a lot more laggy than Batman's grapple ... it takes a while for the game to recognize viable grapple points.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Trophy Guide Grand Master

I think the Catwoman DLC is just as well done as the regular game. In fact, I like playing as Catwoman more than playing as Batman and I wish her part of the story had been longer.

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

She's pretty cool, but Batman is even cooler

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    She's pretty cool, but Batman is even cooler
    batman is kool but night wing is kooler lol
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's the faster combat that makes me prefer with Cat woman over Batman, that and the fact she can climb upside down which adds a new element to the stealth game play.

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

Robin is better, it was nice if it was playable in the history
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

Team Dingleberry

I find Robin and Catwoman both just a hair slower in combat than Batman. Maybe it's just me.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    I wish her part of the story had been longer.
    I second this. Her combat style throws me off a little when I usually start to play with her. I suppose it's something I gotta get use.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Fight Off Your Demons

I agree that Robin is slower, but I think Catwoman is definitely faster. Overall I really enjoy playing as both of them though, they were really well done and very detailed, much better than I was expecting.

edit: I take that back, after using Robin more, I definitely think he's faster too.
    Last edited by Beam; 10-24-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The Catwoman dlc is amazing! I really like how they've done the climbing mechanics with her using her whip, which sometimes seems to stretch to extreme distances between buildings?? Anyone else noticed that?

Lvl 4 - Silver

I find her climbing with the whip a little annoying at times. Sometimes she just won't find a point to latch onto. Everything else is pretty good though. I haven't attempted any of her combat challenges yet though.

Lvl 6 - Silver

It's almost as if the game designers couldnt decide whether or not to give her physics a Spiderman-esque feel (i.e., superhuman leaping and superhuman web shooting/swinging abilities - in other words, superpowers), or the feel of a female version of Batman (i.e., a badass normal human with awesome gadgets and trained to an extraordinary peak of normal abilities). As a result, she seems to have a mixed feel of both, and they don't quite blend smoothly.

Case in point ... she she can do insanely powerful leaps of many dozens of feet when springing up a building, and yet when she's in the middle of a steet with no grapple points handy, she seems to have greatly reduced leaping ability feels like a more like a normal human gymnast/martial-artist.

They did a better job on that sort of thing with Batman.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I love the DLC, I've always loved playing as her though. In fact, I kind of wish she had her own game on the PS3.

Lvl 6 - Silver

There are some really annoying sections ... such as the Riddler's physical challenges.

First of all, it makes no sense whatsoever that the Riddler would impose physical challenges, instead of just mental ones - it's really just a thin exuse for the game developers to force the player to prove mastery of every aspect of the game.

Second of all, I personally found catwoman's 8-hop leaping challenge to be torturous. I've done like 50+ iterations climbing up the south facing wall of the tri-corner tower in the industrial district, and I just can't get the blasted challenge to complete. It's a gobsmackingly stupid item, and it's starting to undermine the good will and sense of fun that the game worked so hard to achieve.

I wish I could reach though the screen and punch the person who coded that square in the nose.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I tend to stay away from playing as Catwoman unless I feel like it. The fact that I have to jump up to Vantage Points instead of just grappling to them during Predator challenges kind of throws me off, and taking down Two-Face in Episode 4 during Plus was almost impossible for me. And, the fact that she can't break weapons like Batman can often makes me lose my combo, because I have to do an aerial attack on someone with a shield, and often get punched in the middle of it because it's longer than Batman's. Of course, I think I'm just complaining because I can, but I really do enjoy Catwoman. At least her ground takedowns don't take as long as Joker's did in Arkham Asylum...

Rad signature and avatar made by DaRe

Lvl 6 - Silver

QUESTION: I assume the riddler's physical challenges alll have to be completed in story mode, rather than challenge mode right ?

I ask because last night I tried doing the special whip combo + whip trip combo within the same combo flow challenge during one of the challenge mode locations, and managed to do it not once but twice during a 74-move combo (I was on fire), and IT DID NOT appear to count.
    Amazon Reviewer

Bringing the PAIN

Correct... thats a list IN GAME. not challenge rooms.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2