New Game Plus

This is a discussion on New Game Plus within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; Hey all, I am currently right at the end of BAC, and I'm worried that if I finish, and start ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

New Game Plus

Hey all, I am currently right at the end of BAC, and I'm worried that if I finish, and start new game plus, the side missions that I did will erase, and I will have to start them over. Should I do the side missions now (though I fear it is too late as I am just about to climb the Wonder Tower), or will the progress I made in them carry into NG+?

Bringing the PAIN

You go into free roam after the story, and can continue all side missions and riddles there. COMPLETE THEM ALL THO! Your riddles and things will carry over to NG+ but you must replay ALL side missions to get 100% completion. NG+ is selected from the main menu so your first run and NG+ are always separate. GOOD LUCK!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ok, so just to be clear - I've beaten Batman on normal, I know that NG+ is unlocked - i've completed all of the side missions in free roam, and I've also gotten ALL of the batman riddles. When I go into NG+ do i have to do all of the sidequests again for the day 2 trophy?
    http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=969355

Cause I'm the Wilt Chamberlin of that upper body grip!

Lvl 5 - Silver

I just stated NG+ too.

NG+ appears to share the same save slot as your regular game, but instead of overwriting the former it seems to progress in parallel with it, because you can switch back and forth between them. It helps to think of MG (main game) and NG+ as partially overlapping subsaves within the same save slot.

Both the MG and the NG+ version of your progress through the game will share the following in common:

* WaneTech & AR Training progress (i.e., gadgets, upgrades & special moves)
    * Riddler Trophy Progress (collectibles and physical challenges)

Thus, if you solve a riddle in one, or do an AR training, it will automatically carry over to the other parallel sub-save. Think of MG & NG+ as siamese twins - separate, but also joined.

Where they differ are as follows:
    * Main story progress.
    * Side Mission progress (except for AR Training)
    * Thugs <-- in NG+, thugs are more numerous and well equipped, and you no longer have the attack telltale to help you counter.

Overall, NG+ is definitely harder, even with all your upgrades. I played the MG on normal, and NG+ is analagous to an increase to 'hard'. In hindsight, because this game lacks a difficulty requirement for plat, I probably should have picked easy instead of normal for my MG, so that NG+ would be a bit more manageable, because I'm finding that 'Normal' difficulty for NG+ is somewhat harder than 'Hard' was in BAA. Every single boss fight features multiple thugs with armor, knives, projectiles, guns and/or stun batons (sometimes all 5) ... very hard to maintain combos and avoid damage.

Anyway, good luck. I recommend practicing the 'extreme' riddler combat challenges before moving on the NG+ in ernest ... you'll want to get all those counters against each different weapon type down cold. You'll need to rely heavily on your quick-fire gadgets during protracted fights in order to win the day - much more so than in the MG.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish NG+ before TES Skyrim comes out on the 11th. This is a reflex heavy game, and retooling for another game would likely make NG+ a real chore to come back to.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 11-05-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 5 - Silver

It also seems like either Enemy weapons do 2x more damage in NG+, or Batman's armor is only half as effective.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer