{SPOILERS} Secret Mystery Broadcasts

This is a discussion on {SPOILERS} Secret Mystery Broadcasts within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; I was playing around with the frequency decoder, and stumbled on 3 unlockable channels that feature a voice repeating a ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

{SPOILERS} Secret Mystery Broadcasts

I was playing around with the frequency decoder, and stumbled on 3 unlockable channels that feature a voice repeating a series of numbers in rotating sequence.

As someone with a little experience in puzzles, I had no trouble decoding the first one ...

Toggle Spoiler

The second was very similar and only slightly harder than the first ...

Toggle Spoiler

However, the 3rd currently has me stumped. I sat with it for about 30 mins just now, and drew a blank. I'll try again later, when I have more time.

Toggle Spoiler

A quick peek on the web seemed to indicate that I'm not alone on this last item.

Anyone have any luck ?
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 10-30-2011 at 03:20 PM.
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

For those who want to play with this, here are a few handy online cipher sites:

Codes for Cubs and Scouts

Create and Solve Substitution Ciphers online
    ΦBK Phi Beta Kappa society motto: "philosophia biou kybernetes" {love of learning is the guide of life.}
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 4 - Silver

5 15 9 7 21 18 18 14 3 5 24 15 12 7 22 3 10 5 15 9 22 3 8 25 26 15 16 25 10 15 17 25 *music chime* repeats. Decoded meaning: “YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME”
    Station 700.00/500.00

9 23 9 12 12 18 5 20 21 18 14 2 1 20 13 1 14 *chime* Decoded as: “I WILL RETURN, BATMAN”
    STATION 200.00/500.00

3 20 26 18 26 16 24 1 11 4 24 9 3 8 5 2 12 18 6 16 7 11 3 10 17 5 13 4 21 8 *music chime*

Decoded it reads “C T Z R Z P X A K D X I C H E B L R F P G K C J Q E M D U H”

When decoded this message says: I AM YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARE DARK KNIGHT. GOTHAM WAITS FOR HIS SAVIOR.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

Toggle Spoiler

I know how to google, dude. I didn't bother reposting that item because it's unproven and obviously INCORRECT (wrong number of letters and no cypher pattern to link them).

We need a cipher key (like the one I provided for sequence number 2 in my first post in this thread) that correctly maps an answer, and is independantly verifiable, otherwise it's just a useless guess that kiddies will blindly cut and paste as their own.

A posted solution to sequence 3 must be PROVEABLE.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 10-31-2011 at 07:41 AM.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

Not much time today, but in the few minutes I had I've ruled out a "half-reverse", the "simple sliding scale" or a "reverse the words" key, and (I think) all permutations of two of those three together.
    Last edited by ISI-Society; 10-31-2011 at 08:00 AM.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 6 - Silver

There dont appear to be enough vowels in the raw message, so I think there's likely some alphabet rotation involved as one part of a compound cipher that was used. It's a start.

The lack of spaces was a nice touch by the developers ... it adds to the difficulty.
    Amazon Reviewer

Lvl 4 - Silver

The third message is decoded by matching each number with its corresponding letter.
    [C T Z R Z P X A K D X I C H E B L R F P G K C J Q E M D U H]

Then you need to use the Atbash Cipher so that A is submitted for Z, Y for B, X for C, etc. Then you will get
    [X G A I A K C Z P W C R X S V Y O I U K T P X Q J V N W F S]

Then all you gotta do is use the Vigenere Cipher while using the keyword "SCARECROW" to eventually get the final result

[3-20-26-18-26-16-24-1-11-4-24-9-3-8-5-2-12-18-6-16-7-11-3-10-17-5-13-4-21-8]
    [F E A R W I L L T E A R G O T H A M C I T Y T O S H R E D S]
    Fear Will Tear Gotham City To Shreds

On the edge

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie-4 View Post
    The third message is decoded by matching each number with its corresponding letter.
    [C T Z R Z P X A K D X I C H E B L R F P G K C J Q E M D U H]

Then you need to use the Atbash Cipher so that A is submitted for Z, Y for B, X for C, etc. Then you will get
    [X G A I A K C Z P W C R X S V Y O I U K T P X Q J V N W F S]

Then all you gotta do is use the Vigenere Cipher while using the keyword "SCARECROW" to eventually get the final result

[3-20-26-18-26-16-24-1-11-4-24-9-3-8-5-2-12-18-6-16-7-11-3-10-17-5-13-4-21-8]
    [F E A R W I L L T E A R G O T H A M C I T Y T O S H R E D S]
    Fear Will Tear Gotham City To Shreds

You should really put your source for your find here since it is not your own.....

Secrets and Spoilers - Batman: Arkham City Wiki Guide - IGN which came from this thread from Gamespot on page 2 by a member named 'akajackfrost' SPOILERS the radio signals!

Last edited by ichris26; 01-02-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Didnt get it from IGn but a video on youtube. sorry i'll put a source next time

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thanks for the nudge, Zombie-4.

Nice to see a solution finally appear. I'm normally pretty decent with most types of puzzles, but that last one stumped me. Anyway, I'm in the middle of a 2nd playthough of Skyrim. As soon as I'm done with that, I'll probably return to BAC for a bit, doublecheck the cypher to verify it, and then see if I can get a bit further along in the post-game challenges.

Cheers.
    Amazon Reviewer