View Poll Results: Do you think AC's challenges are easier?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 52.63%
  • No

9 47.37%

Do you agree the challenges are easier than AA's?

This is a discussion on Do you agree the challenges are easier than AA's? within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; I mean, I'm troubled with AA's, but I'm cranking out three medals a challenge like nobody's business. Of all the ...

Buy my book, Alteration

Do you agree the challenges are easier than AA's?

I mean, I'm troubled with AA's, but I'm cranking out three medals a challenge like nobody's business. Of all the ones I've done so far, I've gotten three medals first attempt, except for one. Do you think the challenges are easier here?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Team Dingleberry

Yes, they definitely seemed easier to me. At first I thought it was just because I was used to the mechanics of the combat after finishing AA, but now I suspect that the challenges are just plain easier to begin with.

Prayer Warrior

it's almost like they made the challenges easier but the actual game harder. which i'm totally fine with that

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 5 - Silver

No I dont think so.

The combat challenges is very easy, but the predator challenges are just HARD, and because of them and compaign challenges (because of the predator challenges) its harder than Arkham Asylum IMO. Its alot easier to get detected and you can die instantly you cant even think sometimes (they have increased the damage you receive ALOT compared to AA its like you dont even have upgraded your armor), so Its ALOT harder than the previous game. I wish it was the opposite between the combat and the predator challenges.
    Last edited by iraqoz; 11-10-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

PRO Member

I've only played a little bit of the them (the first 3 I believe) and I didn't have problems getting all 3 medals. My biggest weakness so far with the combat in AC is the blade dodging, I just can't get the timing right and up trying to just dodge every guy with a blade.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yes IMO it is easier than AA it's because AA has the same challenges as AC but much easier..
    Last edited by xero21; 11-10-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: adding info!

Lvl 6 - Silver

There is absolutely no way in hell the challenges in AC are easier than AA. On an individual basis, it's tempting to say they are because the combat challenges are a bit easier than AA. However, the Predator challenges were a little more difficult in and of their own, and that's not even factoring in the Campaign Challenges. Whenever I hear people discuss this topic, it's almost like people are forgetting the campaign challenges. If the devs had left the challenges alone at just combat and predator, then I'd say yes - AC's challenges are easier. But once you throw in the Campaign Challenges? No way in hell. That takes it to another level of difficulty altogether. Just my 2 cents........

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 6 - Silver

God yes. That new focus technique is damn useful. Though I haven't tried many of the predator challenges yet...

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

No, but the combat ones were always easy for me anyway.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Arkham City's are harder, but not by much. Then again I have platinumed Arkham Asylum 5 times now

: Batman Arkham Asylum, inFamous, Uncharted 2, COD Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, God of War III, Red Dead Redemption, COD Black Ops, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Portal 2, Batman Arkham City, Uncharted 3, TES Skyrim, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Jak & Daxter TPL, Mass Effect 3, The Walking Dead, Bioshock Infinite

Regional Manager of War

Alot easier from what I have done so far, than again I found the predator challenges to be difficult but the combo ones easier.

Lvl 7 - Gold

If we're just talking about the combat challenges, then yes, but I had a fair share of problems with the predator and campaign challenges so those are what drives up the difficulty.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yes, I believe the challenges are easier. At least, they are for me. Racking up a high score seems more doable than in Arkham Asylum.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Once I figured out that Bat Swarm was something like (10 * Multiple * Number of Mobs Hit), that's all I did. Jump, Strike, Jump, Strike until I had a Gold Multiplier, jump in the middle of the crowd, and Bat Swarm. I never failed a challenge.

AA took me months to finally get 3 medals in some of the Extreme ones, not to mention Shock and Awe Extreme.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

AC is easier than AA.

I got all the combat in AC, so I figured I should try AA again ... nope AA batman moves slower than AC, you don't have the bat swarm or air take down, then there was the shock-and-awe where it was timed, and in AA it seemed if you did a quick take down near an armored guy, batman will go for him but in AC it seemed more random.

I was probably to use to AC batman but I gave up on AA ... oh well.

Lvl 4 - Silver

The combat challenges were definitely a lot easier than for Asylum.

PRO Member

Neither were that hard. Whereas AA were a touch harder....the more medals required on AC and the ones you have to start with handicaps made AC harder
    Last edited by Roswellian; 12-07-2011 at 08:07 AM.