Smoke pellet/ riddlers revenge ?

This is a discussion on Smoke pellet/ riddlers revenge ? within the Batman: Arkham City forum, part of the B; Can someone tell me why I only get 1 smoke pellet and 1 sonic batarang in the riddlers revenge challenges. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Smoke pellet/ riddlers revenge ?

Can someone tell me why I only get 1 smoke pellet and 1 sonic batarang in the riddlers revenge challenges. I've watched videos where people have more than one. If its a setting of some sort, how do I change it??

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yeah, I noticed the same thing which is why in a way some of those videos aren't great for reference. I think they might have a different patch.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 5 - Silver

I think that was before the patch, there are other youtube videos that show you how to deal with them without the need to smoke bombs.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Team Dingleberry

With the sonic batarang, if you use it to subdue an enemy it's gone for good. If you use it to lure them to a spot where you take them down on your own, it will recharge.

PRO Member

The smoke pellets recharge if your play through is on easy. On normal and hard you only get 1 pellet per challenge.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Man that sucks, it'd be nice to have more than one smoke pellet. Cant believe that choosing to play the challenges After NG+ would negatively affect the challenges or that it would affect them at all for that matter!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

is there a way to change it back. if your seen you might as well start over! they dont miss when they shoot at you. Ive also noticed that the freeze gun doesnt keep them frozen as long, if your not right in the middle of the smoke they still see you and the explosive gel doesnt take them out it only stuns them. no need to make it harder than it has to be. I only need one more ranked medal, but im worried about the campaign meals on this difficuly. I'll do it if i have to but its gonna be tough and very time consuming!

PRO Member

challenges can be done with one smoke..I got some hard ones without using the smoke at all..Used it when played Top of the world..On Lost City and End of the line i found out some ways to beat them and the smoke was totally unnecessary..No need to change your difficulty, just try another way around to beat it..

Lvl 5 - Silver

I dont think the difficulty influence the riddle challenges. Riddle challenges will have the same difficulty regardless if you complet the story on easy or hard.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

Buy my book, Alteration

You get one smoke pellet for sure, but I'm pretty sure the Sonic Batarang recharges. I know you can't use a Sonic Batarang again after detonating one.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by iraqoz View Post
    I dont think the difficulty influence the riddle challenges. Riddle challenges will have the same difficulty regardless if you complet the story on easy or hard.
    You got that right..challenges have one difficulty..in the videos , the unlimited smoke pellet is there
    I guess because of a previous patch..after that, everyone had 1 smoke pellet..

PRO Member

I am on the last challenge of the Campaign and i cannot get through them for shit. i still have to finish find the rest of the riddles and NG+ but i hope my frustration doesnt make me stop before i the game

This _ _ _ _ is getting Serious!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I only used the smoke pellet in the challenges requiring them. It would have been nice to have more than one though. The amount of times I accidentally dropped it instead of throwing it...

RPG Master

Quote Originally Posted by bigdundada View Post
    I am on the last challenge of the Campaign and i cannot get through them for shit. i still have to finish find the rest of the riddles and NG+ but i hope my frustration doesnt make me stop before i the game
    I found that the smoke pellet works really well in conjunction with the sonic batarang. You draw one enemy with the batarang and then you use the smoke pellet to take them down. Obviously you cannot do this on the challenges that require a smoke pellet-related medal since it will not recharge.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have an easy game save.

you get unlimited smoke pellet and one sonic.

challenges do seem a bit easier too