MP / Faction Wins & XP Boosting Session - T 10/29/13 930p EST

This is a discussion on MP / Faction Wins & XP Boosting Session - T 10/29/13 930p EST within the Batman: Arkham Origins forum, part of the B; I’m organizing a boosting session for tonight (T 10.29.13) starting around 930p / 10p Eastern US time (GMT-5:00). Sole purpose ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

MP / Faction Wins & XP Boosting Session - T 10/29/13 930p EST

I’m organizing a boosting session for tonight (T 10.29.13) starting around 930p / 10p Eastern US time (GMT-5:00). Sole purpose of this boosting session is primarily for map / faction wins and then xp after that. PLEASE NOTE : No other trophies are being boosted in this session. If you’re interested in knocking out some map / factions wins and getting some XP along the way, add your PSN ID to the list below and we’ll get as much done as possible. Also, if we already aren’t linked up, please send a friend request to :

DETfaninATL

And please make sure to put ‘Batman maps’ or ‘map wins’ or something like that in the body of the request, as I respectfully do not accept blank friend requests.

So that everyone is on the same page, please familiarize yourself with the info below in an effort to be prepared ahead of time and so that things will run as quickly and smoothly as possible . Here is how I am roughly hoping things will run tonight:

• There will be 2 ‘rounds’ (more if needed) of going through each of the 4 maps. Because in a private lobby you tend to stay in the same faction for each match, we will play the first ‘round’ staying in the same factions and after moving through all 4 maps, we’ll quit the existing lobby, set our faction preferences in the main MP menu and then form & join a new lobby to go back through all 4 maps as the other factions as needed

• We’ll do 3-6 matches per map. Basically as many as it takes so that all players get a chance to win as both their current faction and as a hero if needed. In order for this to happen smoothly, it is important that after the 1st two matches everyone OPTS OUT. This will keep the teams the same and minimize the # of matches needed to make sure everyone gets a win. After each starting faction has won once on a map, then we can opt in so the hero(es) has a chance to win with the faction they end up defaulting to

• Match 1 – Bane faction wins, Match 2 – Joker faction wins, Match 3 – Heroes win, Matches 4 - ?? we rotate the heroes as needed

• Once a match starts, both factions meet at the middle control point. During a match, ONLY the winning team is to do any killing as it will make things go quicker. Since the losing team won’t be getting much XP, they can take over the control points and shoot any scramblers the heroes place on control points

• Also during a match, the heroes should NOT be knocking anyone out (especially the winning team) as it will just prolong the time it takes to complete the match. However the heroes CAN (and should) scramble as many control points as possible. If the hero is diligent about it, they can rack up a good couple thousand XP per match as every scrambler placed is 400XP

• During the matches, it is permissible and recommended that the Bane thugs tag as many players (heroes especially) with the tag darts as possible, as that racks up a good bit of XP, doesn’t kill anyone and won’t prolong things hardly at all.

And those are the basics. We will of course have some flexibility as needed for certain things but if everyone is patient, focused and on the same page, we can tear through this pretty quickly and efficiently and then hopefully get into racking up some serious XP afterwards. Once everyone is in the lobby, I'll send out a chat invite so we can all communicate via text chat. So, again, if you’re interested in map wins and XP please sign up below.

1 – DETfaninATL
    2 – Tenkai13
    3 – JuliusPleezer
    4 – CzarIndustries
    5 – Joel459
    6 – Spaghetti_Socks
    7 – Kokocinski
    8 –

Alternates (in case anyone can't make it):
    1 -
    2 -
    3 -

Sorry for the long post – just want us to be as prepared and efficient as possible!
    Last edited by DETfaninATL; 10-29-2013 at 03:26 PM.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, let me be the first to join you in this boosting tonight. Looks like you have a really firm grip on how to do this, which is excellent. I don't know how to do any of this because I have not played the mp yet but I am a fast learner and a good booster. And I have a headset so it should all work out fine. Is there some mp tutorial or something I need to do to prepare for this or can I just load it up and play? I will send a friend request as soon as my wife is done playing AC4, which might be a while based on the glazed look on her face atm.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Well, let me be the first to join you in this boosting tonight. Looks like you have a really firm grip on how to do this, which is excellent. I don't know how to do any of this because I have not played the mp yet but I am a fast learner and a good booster. And I have a headset so it should all work out fine. Is there some mp tutorial or something I need to do to prepare for this or can I just load it up and play? I will send a friend request as soon as my wife is done playing AC4, which might be a while based on the glazed look on her face atm.
    Hey bud - looking forward to it. As far as your questions go, yeah, you can more or less load it up and play it, but the first time you do so, it will give you the opportunity to watch some short tutorial videos. I would recommend doing so as it's helpful and quick. Headsets don't work in this MP, - just FYI, so you're going to want to have something for text chat, be it the PS3 controller or a keyboard. Also, most importantly, we're only boosting match wins and XP tonight. We can very likely squeeze in 'I Like Those Odds' for you as it's fast and easy (4 thugs group together, Batman takes them all down with 1 gel blast, voila! trophy) and you'll likely get 'Not An Ordinary Criminal' at some point in this too, but we're not boosting any other trophies in this session - just match wins and XP (both of which you'll need anyways). Just want to make sure you know that, as a few of us tried to do this last night and the session got hijacked by a bunch of people wanting to do the other MP trophies and not really knowing what they were doing anyway. TOTAL. CLUSTER. Anyway, shoot me a friend req and I'll hit you up between 9 & 10p!

- 311 -

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The easiest and quickest way to load up on xp is with a private party of 3 guys.. And each take turns killing batman being that hero's have no tickets/reinforcements

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    Hey bud - looking forward to it. As far as your questions go, yeah, you can more or less load it up and play it, but the first time you do so, it will give you the opportunity to watch some short tutorial videos. I would recommend doing so as it's helpful and quick. Headsets don't work in this MP, - just FYI, so you're going to want to have something for text chat, be it the PS3 controller or a keyboard. Also, most importantly, we're only boosting match wins and XP tonight. We can very likely squeeze in 'I Like Those Odds' for you as it's fast and easy (4 thugs group together, Batman takes them all down with 1 gel blast, voila! trophy) and you'll likely get 'Not An Ordinary Criminal' at some point in this too, but we're not boosting any other trophies in this session - just match wins and XP (both of which you'll need anyways). Just want to make sure you know that, as a few of us tried to do this last night and the session got hijacked by a bunch of people wanting to do the other MP trophies and not really knowing what they were doing anyway. TOTAL. CLUSTER. Anyway, shoot me a friend req and I'll hit you up between 9 & 10p!
    Sounds good to me man. No headset, even in the lobby or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by M_K_Sniper View Post
    The easiest and quickest way to load up on xp is with a private party of 3 guys.. And each take turns killing batman being that hero's have no tickets/reinforcements
    That makes a lot of sense.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'll join you guys.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thanks for the tip M_K_Sniper and good looking out! Primarily going for match wins tonight, but definitely looking to get as much XP as we all can as well.....
    Last edited by DETfaninATL; 10-29-2013 at 03:56 PM.

- 311 -

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Sounds good to me man. No headset, even in the lobby or whatever?
    Unfortunately, no. And that's just one of the MANY problems w/ this MP offering as it is. :-P

- 311 -

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    Unfortunately, no. And that's just one of the MANY problems w/ this MP offering as it is. :-P
    Just a heads up match wins go super fast with only 3 people as long as everyone cooperates. And the batman wins go super fast with explosive gel.. Just an FYI guys.. It's roughly about 2 minutes a round doing it that way as you only need 3 to start a private match.. I'm really hoping for a full lobby tonight during my boosting session for "predator, clutch, and know thy enemy"

good of luck guys and happy hunting..