Explosive gel problem!

This is a discussion on Explosive gel problem! within the Batman: Arkham Origins forum, part of the B; I'm trying to get the worst nightmare #5 challenge and a guy was standing directly on my gel when I ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Explosive gel problem!

I'm trying to get the worst nightmare #5 challenge and a guy was standing directly on my gel when I set it off and it just stunned him. Then I put 2 gels next to each other, one on the wall and one on the floor and still only stunned him. Anyone else having this problem?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Also, my sonic baterang doesn't continue pulsing sometimes. It'll pulse once maybe twice then stop but I still have to wait and nobody comes to it??

PRO Member

I too I'm stuck on Challenge 5 because of the explosive gel. I'm pretty sure it has to be done by putting it on the wall but I tried it last night and it didn't unlock the challenge... I've finished New Game + already and now I have to do it on I Am The Night mode and hope it works and I don't die...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Your right, it needs to be on the wall for the challenge. But shouldn't it still knockout the guy regardless and not just stun him?? I didn't realize that when I typed this but it still should take the guys out and sometimes the guys don't acknowledge the sonic baterang. It's hard to lure someone into a vent takedown when nobody comes to shut off the baterang. Just seems like the stuff isn't working like it's supposed to?

PRO Member

My gel took out the guy instantly but I don't think it was a silent move, there were a few people looking for me in an area and then it exploded.

I think it needs to be a silent move to work, with the sonic batarang is the same. If you throw it but they discover something else or you just took out someone sometimes it doesn't work, so I guess the only solution with that is to be patient and wait between each move.

Let Me Watch

The gel has to be on a breakable wall, and the wall breaking knocks out the guy.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"Got more soul than a sock with a hole"

Lvl 8 - Gold

damn I wish I knew that before, it wouldv saved me a lot of time..... good thing I have only done 1 playthru got 2 more to go!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Maybe I just need to experiment some more, but the gel seems to be exploding prematurely to where the guy doesn't get knocked out. I'm currently going through NG+. Maybe I wasn't using the right kind of wall, maybe I need to not let it auto-detonate (can you? or once upgraded does it always use a proximity fuse?) I keep on knocking guys down, but not out. It is getting frustrating as I am also on challenge 5. I tried to get it in the police station forever before realizing there were no breakable walls...sigh. Only panes of glass (which frankly I would think would be more dangerous, but anyhow...).

Lvl 8 - Gold

I would think the gel has to be on the opposite side of the wall to the person, to be able to knock them out....

Lvl 8 - Gold

ok NOW I see your problem I cant get a get takedown at all with the gel on a breakable wall!!! im on new game plus and I think the problem is YOU have to detonate the gel for the takedown to work but we both cant do that with the gel upgraded Im on the 1st penguin predator inside the ship, it has 2 breakable walls and the gel self detonates and the enemy gets knocked out (dizzy) but its not a takedown as he gets back up...... If this is a glitch the plat can get EDIT there is only 1-2 maps that allow for gel wall takedowns (the bank being 1) as the walls are thicker... YAY a solution!!!
    Last edited by Da_Man-023; 11-25-2013 at 11:38 PM.