Disarm and destroy gone?

This is a discussion on Disarm and destroy gone? within the Batman: Arkham Origins forum, part of the B; Can't you disarm and destroy shields and stuff anymore? I think you can if you store up a second special ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Disarm and destroy gone?

Can't you disarm and destroy shields and stuff anymore? I think you can if you store up a second special move but seriously why would you do that. Those shields really screw me up. I find myself instinctively trying to do it when there are a lot of weapons and shields. I do an arial takedown but it doesn't destroy the shield and before I know it I've got 5 or 6 guys with shields breaking my combos. I'm starting to dislike this game more and more. If rocksteady would've made this exact game but left the controls and combat in tact I'd love it. But instead I'm frustrated by all these little changes.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If memory serves, you do unlock disarm and destroy later in the game, but you have to level up to access it. I know I've had access to that move and I'm pretty far along in the story.

To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by hsishi View Post
    If memory serves, you do unlock disarm and destroy later in the game, but you have to level up to access it. I know I've had access to that move and I'm pretty far along in the story.
    This. + is still disarm + destroy, you just gotta put in the work to get it.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Are you able to use it by itself or do you have to build up a second special move to use it?

PRO Member

+ destroys shields and takes off the armor of the armor guys instantly (Venom enemies too), I'm not sure if it's the same thing as the move mentioned above.

Also, if you use that during the battles with Bane in story mode you don't have to wait until the shock gloves. Just build a 8x combo to do it and the fights will be a lot faster and easier.