Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battlefield 3 beta annoyances a CoD player will notice

This is a discussion on Battlefield 3 beta annoyances a CoD player will notice within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; After experiencing Battlefield 3 server issues for around six hours we finally managed to get some time getting to know ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Battlefield 3 beta annoyances a CoD player will notice

After experiencing Battlefield 3 server issues for around six hours we finally managed to get some time getting to know the Battlefield 3 beta for Xbox 360 quite intimately. Personally I have favored Call of Duty games over Battlefield in the past, therefore I thought I would share some things with you which Call of Duty gamers might get annoyed about the first time they pick up BF3.

Before we get started please listen to us when we say that these are not all necessarily problems which need to be fixed, however when someone is used to CoD gameplay the things we speak about in this article are a little annoying to say the least.
    Letís start with something which might be a bug thatíll be fixed by developers before the gameís official release. The image below clearly shows a slightly raised area on the map which is only a little higher than your average curb, however you canít just simple walk over this, instead you have to jump Ė now thatís overkill in our opinion Ė do you agree? (Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see a video showing this particular issue).

In most CoD games and multiplayer game modes it is quite easy to spot an enemy as your crosshair changes color when aimed at an enemy, BF3 doesnít do anything like this so you really have to keep and eye on your surroundings when trying to spot an enemy Ė this is much more realistic in our opinion, what do you guys think?
    Grenades are massively different in BF3 when compared to any CoD game, firstly letís start by saying we have only thrown about 50 so far (and we have not unlocked a lot yet), however as a MW3 and Black Ops gamer I have noticed that you canít seem to throw grenades as far, nor can you cook them in your hand before you throw them Ė finally it is worth knowing that the BF3′s grenades take longer to explode than they do in CoD. One other odd thing we noticed about BF3′s grenades is that when thrown they do not always smash through windows, we have embedded a video at the end of this post which shows how knifing and shooting a subway trainís window will shatter it, but a grenade simple bounces back at you.
    The last thing we must mention is that sniping is a lot harder in BF3 than it is in CoD, firstly in the beta it is hard to get a one shot kill, most of the time two shots are needed and the general technique takes some getting used to. It is hard to explain whatís so hard about it, but running targets which would be easy to pick off in CoD are hard to hit in BF3 and quite often require two shots, which means your enemy can quite often get away with brave runs.

These are just a few of the things we spotted after playing the Battlefield 3 beta, are you a CoD gamer who is trying out the BF3 beta? If so, have you spotted any annoying differences which take some getting used to? Let us know in the comments section.

Source : Product Review

Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version

Administrator

It is still better than COD

Don't expect everything to match COD. We as players don't want COD. There are issues with the beta, but not being able to cook your grenades is something some others may like.

"Tear it all down."

I agree with Breakpoint. I like the fact that it's harder to snipe people, that it's more realistic. That your crosshair doesn't change color.

Plus the whole point of the beta is to work out some of the issues. They may very well fix having to jump over small curbs or that grenades don't break through windows.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far.

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Small curbs one that needs fixing. Grenades need to smash through windows. But your cross hairs shouldn't go red when over an enemy. Sniping should be 1 hit one kill but for balance it isn't always like that so its fine.

Battlefield is trying to be as realistic as possible while still keeping it fun and balanced.
    Modern Warfare 3 is trying to be a fun high action arcade like shooter.

INTJ

stop playing retarded fps games then.

CoD players are used to stupid one shot gameplay

Regional Manager of War

I never relied on my cross hairs turning red so that's no issue, I used my eyes to see movement, the UAV to see where the enemies might have spawned at and of course hand to eye coordination in order to kill anything that moves. I usually play Killzone 2 which is by far the most challenging FPS I have ever played in the last 10 years so BF3 plays smooth and easy.

Lvl 6 - Silver

still think its better than any cod game -

Lvl 3 - Bronze

my issue is that my sprint stops working for no reason, it happens quite often. my character just doesn't want to run or crouch. Another really annoying issue I had is my character not aiming- i press L1 but he doesn't aim, and a few times my gun wouldn't fire other than that, this game is gonna be amazing

Lvl 9 - Gold

meh thats only minor not a game ruininer

Ghost Assassin

It's a beta and I'm 99.99% sure that somewhere in the fine print it says that this product does not reflect on the final product. Battlefield will always be superior to CoD in terms of realism, not doubt about it. I'm sure the curb issue will be fixed and sniping is actually hard like in real life. There's none of that quickscoping crap unless you can aim in while holding a 30.9lb rifle while trying to not get your eye punched out from the recoil. Grenades don't always have to go through windows; it could be plexiglass

PRO Member

Does anyone know what time will PSN release the beta on the network for i can download it tonight its supposed to be released tomorrow was wondering if it will be there at midnight though or later.

Lvl 9 - Gold

my close friend that only plays cod and never playd any of the battlefield's. he has pre oderd bf3

Kiwi Defender

Bleh, nothing that would make me dislike the game.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 6 - Silver

for those who prefer bf style shooters, this will jus go over our heads, but like the OP insists, alot of cod players will probably have trouble adjusting if they even bother to give it a shot. then again the two games arent really trying to be alike in most aspects, other than them both being shooters of course

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    stop playing retarded fps games then.

CoD players are used to stupid one shot gameplay
    totally agree with you on that

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well this is what betas are for.. Nothing major anyway
    Platbar by Wadefan1

PRO Member

in my opinion i think BF3 takes the cake in being as realistic as it is........... no Cod so far can compare!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Here's something that CoD players will also hate in BF3..... the fact that you are forced to take falling damage lol, no more Lightweight Pro or Commando Pro And as for the sniping, if it is like Bad Company 2's sniping, then I'm fine with it as I found it to be really balanced, even with Magnum ammo in that game (although it isn't in BF3).
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Lvl 6 - Silver

sniper shots should be a one shot kill, period.
    and having to jump on curbs "IS" a "REAL" pain in the ass
    the bullets are more realistic here, each weapon takes its own kind of bullet which in turn takes a certain amount to kill an enemy
    more realistic to me

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy72 View Post
    sniper shots should be a one shot kill, period.
    No they should not! Have you played MoH? The one shot kill snipers RUINED that game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast