Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Do Not Judge Players By Their Rank

This is a discussion on Do Not Judge Players By Their Rank within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; That's more or less why I fucking HATE going online for ANY shooter. Campers, campers, campers. I know because I ...

Hardcore!!!

That's more or less why I fucking HATE going online for ANY shooter. Campers, campers, campers. I know because I do it all the time on Team Fortress 2 in 2Fort. I rack up sniper kills, and if someone keeps killing me as a sniper in the SAME position I am but on the other side, I spy-kill them (change to a spy, turn into a sniper, cloak, then leave the prep area, go into the sewer system, come up on the opposing side, uncloak [still a spy in opposing colors], run up to the guy who killed me, and then backstab him . . . . . with a 70-75% chance of !~ME~! leaving after I killed him).

Borderlands is an exception since you can't DIRECTLY kill a teammate yet there is the split screen to get the duel trophies.

Also, if ignorance was REALLY bliss, why isn't everyone happy?

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Killermachine252 View Post
    I usually do that for helicopters when I'm playing Conquest. We steal the enemy's helicopter and voila! We're now spawn trapping with two helicopters lol
    I guess this is a good strategy but I hate spawn trapping it makes the game so damn boring because the team that gets trapped will start spawn sniping and not even trying for the objectives anymore. more than that tho i hate the people who mav glitch to tall buildings or the bridge in tehran highway and snipe

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseclown View Post
    I guess this is a good strategy but I hate spawn trapping it makes the game so damn boring because the team that gets trapped will start spawn sniping and not even trying for the objectives anymore. more than that tho i hate the people who mav glitch to tall buildings or the bridge in tehran highway and snipe
    Not only is it boring, it slows down the game... really bad.

Using an MAV is not glitching. It's just riding, a portable elevator if you will.
    I don't snipe and I don't have a problem with snipers going up on places to play their role.
    Far better than them running around with a semi-auto sniper
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JagDogger View Post
    That's more or less why I fucking HATE going online for ANY shooter. Campers, campers, campers. I know because I do it all the time on Team Fortress 2 in 2Fort.
    You hate what you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    You hate what you are?

lol! i just caught that xD!
    It's just a flesh wound.

illegal in 9 countries

I understand why people complain about noob tactics, but it's up to the game developers to prevent this sort of thing, not the gamers.

There's no code of honour on the digital battlefield. If it's in the game, use it to your advantage.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

im still thinking of getting this game. hmm

Sig by
    DaRe_xLw

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I understand why people complain about noob tactics, but it's up to the game developers to prevent this sort of thing, not the gamers.

There's no code of honour on the digital battlefield. If it's in the game, use it to your advantage.
    Now this I can respect.
    You didn't choose either side and remained neutral in the situation and just pointed facts.
    Although I go by a Code of Honor (letting them take off their vehicles for at least half a minute before I take them out), and it would be nice if others went by this as well, I can see why it will never really work.

But eh, I tore him up, so it's no biggy.

Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldog93 View Post
    im still thinking of getting this game. hmm
    Well if you enjoy FPS, destruction, and team work, then this is your game.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by FancyJesse View Post
    Using an MAV is not glitching. It's just riding, a portable elevator if you will.
    It is an exploit of sorts. They're in areas that are out of bounds through normal play. It can get annoying on Back to Karkand maps when you have snipers on tall buildings and by trying to get to them you're wasting time and the team's resources. It's getting patched so that won't be a problem in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

There is no established code of honour but I try and play by my own. Ever since video games got the multiplayer component people did anything and everything to gain an advantage.

Ever since I started playing online I had this attitude of playing fairly. I have NEVER cheated and I will NEVER cheat, no matter what. Even if every other player in the game was to cheat in some way I'd take pride in losing fairly.

I also like to allow players to fight back. I'll let them come out of the base, let their jets and choppers take off and I won't support teammates who are spawn camping. I won't repair their tanks, I won't drop them ammo. I've been in games where there are twice as many players on my team and they were still spawn camping the enemy. I leave games like that.

I try and treat other players as I would like to be treated. I never sent a hate mail message and I never will. I reply kindly to every hate mail I get asking the person what the problem is. I won't insult other players just because they killed me and I won't yell and curse when my mic is on.

Team killing on purpose is also a thing I don't appreciate. I've seen teammates killing each other for vehicles and it's pretty common. I also ignore teamkillers who are out just to ruin the game. After a few minutes their attention span makes them get bored and leave. I also apologize if I accidentally team kill someone.

That's how I like playing.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 03-14-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I always liked Bad Company 2 to be honest.. I might pick it up.

Sig by
    DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Keldog93 View Post
    I always liked Bad Company 2 to be honest.. I might pick it up.
    Yep, BFBC2 was really fun to play. The only thing that really ticked me off about this game were their online trophies (especially Et Tu Brute, Demolition Man wasn't too bad) and the fact that there was no spawn protection. Nothing like getting insta-killed while circle-strafing helicopters combined with enemy tanks and soldiers wait for you to spawn at a single spawn point lol But then again, that rarely happened to me as I was usually doing the trapping xD
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Quartercircle Forward.

Well, I bet this happens in every Multiplayer FPS, whenever parents buy their little kids a console.

It's annoying, and they'll never listen to anything you say.

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 4 - Silver

I hate people like this. I remember on Noshahr Canals, I was attacking the Zone 2 MCOMS. Then some defender guy sat in the tank in front of where we were spawning, and just shot us all down. There was nowhere else for us to spawn unless our squad members managed to make a break. But even then, they had snipers waiting. In the end, this guy ended up with 72 kills 0 deaths. He was level 50 or something (Im a complete noob at understanding the levels on this game lol)

I mean, I'm the first to admit that I am absolutely useless at this game! But I enjoy playing online. I just can't stand people who cheat.

Breakfast and Chill

Quote Originally Posted by FancyJesse View Post
    TheGreyPoopOn, Colonel Service Star 49.
    That name sounds familiar. Was he/she in a chopper? The reason I ask is that someone with a similar (or identical) ID was spawn killing my teams jets, coincidentally on Caspian Border (conquest).

Lvl 9 - Gold

I hate people like this. I remember on Noshahr Canals, I was attacking the Zone 2 MCOMS. Then some defender guy sat in the tank in front of where we were spawning, and just shot us all down. There was nowhere else for us to spawn unless our squad members managed to make a break. But even then, they had snipers waiting. In the end, this guy ended up with 72 kills 0 deaths. He was level 50 or something (Im a complete noob at understanding the levels on this game lol)

I mean, I'm the first to admit that I am absolutely useless at this game! But I enjoy playing online. I just can't stand people who cheat.
    I can totally agree with what your saying. I am the same way, maybe not useless, Im sure your not as useless as you say though, but I do try like hell to help out what ever team I am on. I got called a "camper" because I found a pretty good spot on the one level, dont remember which one except there were several shipping containers sitting around and I was laying down in one trying to get my snper ribbon. I totally suck at using the sniper rifle. What was really bad was that the guy that kept calling me that, was doing just about the same thing except he was in a building with a sniper rifle also. Once I got my number of kills to get the ribbon I was out of there and ready to get back to a gun that I like. Hell he was even saying that I was spawn camping even though I wasn't even near a spawn point. When the match ended I had only 10 or 12 kills. Does that sound like I was spawn camping? Sure I was called a noob by the douche bag but that didnt bother me. I just like to go in and try and do my best but at least I am playing fair and not jumping all over someone because they dont do as good as the #1 ranked guy in the match.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy3112 View Post

I wouldn't consider that cheating, he's just being a kill whore. He's using the AA Tank which has been given to the defenders to protect the bomb site. He's just being a douche since he's shooting down everything as soon as you guys spawn instead of actually giving you a chance to actually reach land, it as simple as that.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    I can totally agree with what your saying. I am the same way, maybe not useless, Im sure your not as useless as you say though, but I do try like hell to help out what ever team I am on. I got called a "camper" because I found a pretty good spot on the one level, dont remember which one except there were several shipping containers sitting around and I was laying down in one trying to get my snper ribbon. I totally suck at using the sniper rifle. What was really bad was that the guy that kept calling me that, was doing just about the same thing except he was in a building with a sniper rifle also. Once I got my number of kills to get the ribbon I was out of there and ready to get back to a gun that I like. Hell he was even saying that I was spawn camping even though I wasn't even near a spawn point. When the match ended I had only 10 or 12 kills. Does that sound like I was spawn camping? Sure I was called a noob by the douche bag but that didnt bother me. I just like to go in and try and do my best but at least I am playing fair and not jumping all over someone because they dont do as good as the #1 ranked guy in the match.
    Im level 14, and I've had the game since it was released lol. I have my bad games and good games as I'm sure everyone does. I'm personally not sure what you did would be considered as camping. I wouldn't say it was, but I don't play it all that much to know.

I wouldn't consider that cheating, he's just being a kill whore. He's using the AA Tank which has been given to the defenders to protect the bomb site. He's just being a douche since he's shooting down everything as soon as you guys spawn instead of actually giving you a chance to actually reach land, it as simple as that.
    Well, that's what I meant kind of lol But is that not in the same style as camping?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy3112 View Post
    Well, that's what I meant kind of lol But is that not in the same style as camping?
    IMO, it would be a mix of camping as well as defending, as they're somewhat interchangeable. On one hand, he's defending the bomb site from attackers (you guys) from arming the objective. One the other hand, he's just waiting for you guys to spawn so he can insta-kill you for some easy kills. Can't really do anything about it, its Rush, defenders may resort to camping in order for them to win, but are willing to be a douche to make it possible.

I almost always play Conquest, and when I get a good team, we're also able to spawn trap the enemy team, but usually they're able to get back a few objectives and fight back (somewhat) before we trap them again lol

Lvl 4 - Silver

IMO, it would be a mix of camping as well as defending, as they're somewhat interchangeable. On one hand, he's defending the bomb site from attackers (you guys) from arming the objective. One the other hand, he's just waiting for you guys to spawn so he can insta-kill you for some easy kills. Can't really do anything about it, its Rush, defenders may resort to camping in order for them to win, but are willing to be a douche to make it possible.

I almost always play Conquest, and when I get a good team, we're also able to spawn trap the enemy team, but usually they're able to get back a few objectives and fight back (somewhat) before we trap them again lol
    Ah ok! I'm not very clued up on all the terms etc etc. I totally understand you though I just like to play fair. I'm not one for shouting and screaming down the mic or sending abusive messages. I think I was just annoyed that I couldn't spawn without being insta-killed.

Hardcore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    You hate what you are?
    Basically, yeah. Camping is the main way to win that I know of. I've also done it on Super Smash Brothers with Kirby. "Indulge" them by coming over to the edge, jumping off the edge, sucking them up, and when they get out, fly up and have an additional life. Plus with the additions of RANKED trophies makes it a better chance of me not getting the game just for the campers (or being camper) along with the people who are better at the game than I am.

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast