Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New BF3 patch causing Sony problems

This is a discussion on New BF3 patch causing Sony problems within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; After being announced the latest BF3 patch would be PS3 exclusive, Sony fans have called out DICE for releasing their ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

New BF3 patch causing Sony problems

After being announced the latest BF3 patch would be PS3 exclusive, Sony fans have called out DICE for releasing their latest patch and that it completely sucks. There are a number of problems being reported from the new patch with some people claiming several system crashes and even some consoles needing a full hard-reset.

DICE said the latest update will help people quit the game and also the game does constantly crash without the patch too. The latest patch has boiled up rage all over again with DICE saying they've fixed some weapons glitches with the QBU-88 and MG36 but apparently some maps like Karkland and Wake Island are missing. Despite the fact the patch was meant to go live, globally on March 27th, the update is currently unavailable in Asia and has left a large portion of the players unable to verse the other side of the world.

Those of you with Battlefield on PS3, has the patch worked for you or are things cocking up?
    Uplay: JasonVoorhees98
    Steam: JasonVoorhees987 - Origin: JasonVoorhees987
    XBL: CMaggotbone - Social Club: GrimReaper4383

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I have yet to run into any problems with this new patch. I must just be getting really lucky then.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Wait, how is this causing Sony problems?
    I haven't encountered a problem.. and none of my other friends either.

All I know is that a couple of my friends were mad because thy didn't have the B2K DLC installed.
    But then I told them to just go reinstall it.
    That was about it?
    It's just a flesh wound.

The One and Only

I played for three minutes since the patch, killed one guy, ran around a bit, and cut it off. Nothing more, nothing less.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I just want the B2K maps back on conquest. That's it. I've adjusted to the patch and haven't had system crashes or needed to any full-on reset for my system.
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenCapGaming

Hesitation Equals Regret

Lvl 8 - Gold

the patch isnt a ps3 exclusive.

Lvl 5 - Silver

dunno why but i dont have the option to reinstall the B2K DLC, each time i press ok it takes me to the in game store and the DLC is priced! (samething with the ps store) .. note that the DLC downloaded automatic when i got the game.
    *Info Bar: Boosting : / Latest: Assassin`s Creed: Syndicate

Ghost Assassin

I had to do a system reset after this patch. I was at the after-match results, the counter went down to 0 to switch maps and it froze. Also, I don't think they fixed the input lag. The only real fix is to turn the resolution down to 480p and even then the game restricts your view from turning too fast and pushes it back.

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

I've had the game freeze 3 times on me now, which required me to hard reset every time, first time on boot up on the loading screen when I only just switched the console on and put BF3 in, then again in the middle of a conquest match and again strangely enough when some random joined my squad.

After that happened I decided to delete all the game data for BF3 the next day and re-install everything from scratch and then B2K after that, and oddly enough did a 4-6 hour session of BF3 which included a 99 minute 1750 ticket conquest match on operation metro, and not a single issue popped up.

I'm not convinced on what I did helped or not but I guess I'll have to wait and see when I play it some more.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 9 - Gold

I think the new Patch is causing EA and DICE more problems.
    DICE said the latest update will help people quit the game

Saints Row IV

I think the new Patch is causing EA more problems.
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HIT2MAN View Post
    dunno why but i dont have the option to reinstall the B2K DLC, each time i press ok it takes me to the in game store and the DLC is priced! (samething with the ps store) .. note that the DLC downloaded automatic when i got the game.
    Go to your download history in the PS Store and it should be there.

As for the patch, I did have the game freeze on me more than usual, but nothing really game breaking.

Revelations 19:16

From what i've noticed so far, i cant directly access a weapon to change its accessories. I have to go out to the main menu (while in a match where i can select my class and spawn points) and select my weapon with the , and then, ONLY then, can i directly access the weapon to make changes. If i dont do it that way, it just snaps back to my last saved one.

I've been rubber banding and glitching more in matches now to...where before the patch i had no issues at all. IDK, BFBC2 still had the perfect balance for me. I hope DICE can get everything straightened out somehow.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 6 - Silver

Uhm, I have BF3 for both PS3 and 360. This patch is NOT exclusive to PS3.

I've played about 6 matches on each system and the game actually runs alot smoother on both than it did before the patch. I don't know what problems the OP is talking about?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by YaNkSxSuPeRiOR View Post

It WAS exclusive when it was released. It came out on PS3 first, then PC and later XBOX.

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by YaNkSxSuPeRiOR View Post

I've played about 6 matches on each system and the game actually runs alot smoother on both than it did before the patch. I don't know what problems the OP is talking about?
    He probably just copy and pasted the article or forgot to post a link, so most likely it is not "him" talking about problems, rather another article that talked about problems.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Revelations 19:16

The patch needs a patch!

I mean i've had LESS freezes and system crashes, but the spot function is now garbage, weapon customization is glitchy for me, sometimes i feel like im just shooting spit wads at people in the game, short falls still hurt and sometimes even MORE than before...
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've had to hard-reset more times since the patch came out due to the game freezing than before the patch since the game came out. Its absolutely horrible to have to reboot the PS3 every few games or so. And also, I've had rubber banding issues as well in my own region at times where the ping of all servers were at 2 bars and every other region was at 1, although this was unbelievable, I think this only happened on one or two occasions, but still unacceptable.

But other than those problems, I'm getting used to the recoil of most of the guns that were patched and learned to avoid some guns that got completely nerfed.
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i need my wake island dammit

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Quote Originally Posted by NFLPackersROOL View Post
    I have yet to run into any problems with this new patch. I must just be getting really lucky then.
    You must be. I'm still running into glitches and server issues. I never had problems with C4 not damaging vehicles before the patch for a kick off

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast