Should I Get Battlefield 3?

This is a discussion on Should I Get Battlefield 3? within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Hey everyone I've got some questions I hope you guys can answer First off, I'm a CoD player, well I ...

Nope, nothing

Should I Get Battlefield 3?

Hey everyone I've got some questions I hope you guys can answer

First off, I'm a CoD player, well I was before I finally just thought "you know what, screw you CoD, you're the same thing every damn time"... So yeah, I love FPS games and I'm wondering if it's time to go ahead and buy BF3. Plus it's only like 24 brand new.

Now I played the beta when it was first released and I wasn't a big fan, the lag was stupid to the point where I would be shooting a guy before he'd even seen me but he killed me without even looking (on my screen anyway)
    And the hit detection was pretty poor as well, it reminded me of how BFBC was...terrible.
    Oh...and the damn mounted flash-lights just didn't make sense, especially when you'd be blinded even though you were in broad daylight...

There's been lots of patches released for the game, have they actually sorted out hit detection and connection, etc.?

But the game just looks so damn awesome!

So, do you think I should get it?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Don't judge it by that beta. I know other people as well who opted not to get it based on that beta, and they have sorely missed out. The beta did what it was supposed to do, and they identifed many issues and corrected them in the final version.

If you're used to CoD, Battlefield will be a breath of fresh air. It's WAY more involved and realistic. I usually tell people that CoD is more of a video game, whereas BF3 is almost a simulator. They really are apples and oranges, though. The campaign mode is probably lesser than CoD, but the MP, which you're probably buying for anyway, is absolutely stellar. It'll be money well spent, don't even worry about it. BF games are very well made. People still play BFBC2.

worlds biggest welch fan

If you have a good to team to roll with its fun because you can be a complete ass to the other team.

but you do know some BF3 vets on this site that will guide you to victory.

or get kicked by server renters.

over and out Nevets.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by OdinGameslayer View Post
    I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Don't judge it by that beta. I know other people as well who opted not to get it based on that beta, and they have sorely missed out. The beta did what it was supposed to do, and they identifed many issues and corrected them in the final version.

If you're used to CoD, Battlefield will be a breath of fresh air. It's WAY more involved and realistic. I usually tell people that CoD is more of a video game, whereas BF3 is almost a simulator. They really are apples and oranges, though. The campaign mode is probably lesser than CoD, but the MP, which you're probably buying for anyway, is absolutely stellar. It'll be money well spent, don't even worry about it. BF games are very well made. People still play BFBC2.
    Thanks very much for the input

Quote Originally Posted by nevetsteven2 View Post
    If you have a good to team to roll with its fun because you can be a complete ass to the other team.

but you do know some BF3 vets on this site that will guide you to victory.

or get kicked by server renters.

over and out Nevets.
    That's one of the issue I have with it, on CoD no matter how shit my team is I could still win, but on BF3 if my teams sucks I will just get my ass kicked

And thanks

---

Have the things I mentioned been improved, and is the MP still active?
    Oh and my awesome and lovely girlfriend has bought me the game and is on her way home with it

Lvl 6 - Silver

If your buying it for the online multiplayer then go for it, but the single player is pretty shit.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    If your buying it for the multiplayer then go for it, but the single player is pretty shit.
    Definitely for the MP, I played the SP and I don't think I even bothered to complete it

Lvl 8 - Gold

definitely pick it up,the problems you are talking about have been fixed,a new patch is coming on the 5th,if you do pick it up just know it takes awhile to get good at the game.

Level 5 Esper

It is definitely different from CoD not just the gameplay, but the entire dynamic I think. Unless you're really good at it, you cannot run and gun in BF3. Vehicles make it so teamwork is actually more important especially when you're fighting a good tank driver. The controls are different as it feels more clunky than CoD, but you get used to it after a while.

The hit detection isn't that terrible and the lag is not bad. You might get d/cs but even then that's rare. If you snipe like CoD, then you will likely fail at sniping since there's bullet drop. There's definitely less game modes than CoD, but I find rush pretty fun.

I think you should get it
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyblitzed View Post
    definitely pick it up,the problems you are talking about have been fixed,a new patch is coming on the 5th,if you do pick it up just know it takes awhile to get good at the game.
    Oh good, thanks for letting me know.

And I'll be instantly good at it, don't worry jk

Quote Originally Posted by Frost425 View Post
    It is definitely different from CoD not just the gameplay, but the entire dynamic I think. Unless you're really good at it, you cannot run and gun in BF3. Vehicles make it so teamwork is actually more important especially when you're fighting a good tank driver. The controls are different as it feels more clunky than CoD, but you get used to it after a while.

The hit detection isn't that terrible and the lag is not bad. You might get d/cs but even then that's rare. If you snipe like CoD, then you will likely fail at sniping since there's bullet drop. There's definitely less game modes than CoD, but I find rush pretty fun.

I think you should get it
    I was wanting something different so that's good, and I'm expecting it to take some time to get used to so that's okay.

Thanks for the input guys, I have the game now so hopefully I'll like it