Battlefield 3 Producer "Ashamed" by Bad Company 2

This is a discussion on Battlefield 3 Producer "Ashamed" by Bad Company 2 within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; Battlefield 3 producer 'ashamed' of Bad Company 2 - News at GameSpot DICE's Patrick Bach says he "can't even get ...

INTJ

Battlefield 3 Producer "Ashamed" by Bad Company 2

Battlefield 3 producer 'ashamed' of Bad Company 2 - News at GameSpot

DICE's Patrick Bach says he "can't even get himself to start up" 2008's first-person shooter because he only sees what could have been done better.

In July 2010, just a few months before Fable III was due to ship, Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux declared predecessor Fable II had "huge design flaws." That distaste for previous work isn't unique among developers as Battlefield 3 producer Patrick Bach had harsh words for his previous project, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, saying he is "ashamed" of it.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal largely focused on game testing, Bach explained how he often finds himself critical of his previous titles.

"I don't know why, but I always feel ashamed about the games I'm involved in making," Bach said. "I can't even bring myself to start up Battlefield Bad Company 2, our last game, because I feel so ashamed. I know it is a great product but still I only see the things we could have done better."

Due out in under a month, Battlefield 3 is garnering strong reception prior to its release on October 25. However, such pre-release positivity does little to quell Bach's anxiety about the game's release.

"I'm still extremely nervous, not about what other people will think, but about how I will feel about the game," Bach said. "My biggest worry is that I will feel bad about the product. For me, my job is very personal."

Though the game isn't due out until October 25, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC gamers can try out the title today. An open beta for Battlefield 3 is now live, with players able to sample the game's Rush mode on the Operation Metro map, set in the subways of Paris. The Rush mode has two teams fighting over key strategic points on the map, with one squad designated as attackers and the other ordered to protect the locations.

Despite the game's imminent release, Bach said the beta is for more than just marketing purposes.

"We couldn't release the game today," he said. "You can't just put the bonnet on the car and drive it out of the factory before you have assembled the stuff inside it and know that it works."

Battlefield 3--which EA says has been in development for three years--will sport both a single-player campaign and an online component, which can be played with up to 64 players (for the PC version only). It will also support co-op play for its campaign and will let gamers pilot jets, among other vehicles.

well duh, it's a piece of shit console battlefield crap.

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Battlefield 3 producer 'ashamed' of Bad Company 2 - News at GameSpot
    well duh, it's a piece of shit console battlefield crap.
    Man you always be hatin on consoles..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Kiwi Defender

Well, at least he looks back at his past games and see what went wrong and tries to fix it n the next game, unlike IW with CoD.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by WeApOnS- View Post
    Battlefield is Sacred ground, They make a console spinoff of it of course it's going to suck

Lvl 8 - Gold

84% of steam users will have to upgrade to run battlefield at optimal settings.

Lvl 8 - Gold

The study was taken from all steam users worldwide in Valve?s data. As you might not know, steam actually profiles your PC, takes the basic hardware information (i.e. GPU, Processor, OS, HDD, Motherboard, etc.), and keeps it in record. The study shows that over 84% percent of Steam users (PC) do not have the required specification in their system to run Battlefield 3 smoothly. Now, 84 Percent is a wild number, talk about losing that many gamers just because they are not able to run the game. This has also prompted Valve to rethink and lower the minimum recommended specs for the PC, in which case, then that percentage might just improve ? though it is highly unlikely that the game would be playable enough for online gameplay if you would not upgrade.

http://igxpro.net/2011/09/23/battlef...rements/129992

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Well, at least he looks back at his past games and see what went wrong and tries to fix it n the next game, unlike IW with CoD.
    True True Modern same crap although the cam gallery was cool and hit point location etc etc.. zombies fun to play not my thing I like realistic not boogiemen and make believe
    ~EnDLesSMinD~

" The square route of 69 = 8 something "

Lvl 9 - Gold

I like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WeApOnS- View Post
    For good reason.

....well, on different levels...

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by HYSTΣR!A⋆➒➑ View Post
    I like this guy.

For good reason.

....well, on different levels...
    It's the truth..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 7 - Gold

out of that 84 percent most of them can still play the game on high setting at 720p resolution
    which is still alot better compared to consoles anyway