Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

84% Of Steam Users Do Not Meet Battlefield 3 PC Requirements

This is a discussion on 84% Of Steam Users Do Not Meet Battlefield 3 PC Requirements within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; this is why i prefer console gaming http://igxpro.net/2011/09/23/battlef...rements/129992...

Lvl 8 - Gold

84% Of Steam Users Do Not Meet Battlefield 3 PC Requirements

this is why i prefer console gaming
    http://igxpro.net/2011/09/23/battlef...rements/129992

Lvl 6 - Silver

Oh man, did you see what they "recommend" you should have as a GPU to play this game correctly? A GTX 560 / HD 6950 or better to play this game on Ultra-High settings, no wonder only 16% only meet those requirements. Plus, I'm pretty sure most people are still using Dual-core as not many games require much more power from the CPU than that but this game is going to take it on a whole new level with Quad-core. I feel sorry for those who are actually gonna shell out even more money on an unnecessary upgrade just to play Battlefield 3 on the top-of-the-line settings, but who knows, it might be worth it
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Im one of those people who cant run battlefield 3 at any settings but the reason I'm upgrading is Serious Sam 3 rather than Battlefield 3. Screw 64 people matches, give me 16 people armed with cannons against an army of skeletons.
    Just because I'm a lazy person: All gaming info is here -> GrimmLAN13

The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble
    I like my coffee black
    Just like my metal

Mindless Self Indulgence

Lvl 6 - Silver

I cant run it either,I was in the beta and never got it to start up,all it would do is crash, and yes I have a dual core

Lvl 9 - Gold

That's why I prefer console over pc. I don't have to shell out more money then I already payed just to play a different game every year or so. I payed $400 for my ps3 and I'm not going to pay another $400 ever again
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Ghost Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by air_beagle View Post
    Im one of those people who cant run battlefield 3 at any settings but the reason I'm upgrading is Serious Sam 3 rather than Battlefield 3. Screw 64 people matches, give me 16 people armed with cannons against an army of skeletons.
    I would totally rep for that!

I'm also proud to be part of the statistic that couldn't play the alpha let alone the full game. I need a gaming computer ffs I'm playing fallout new vegas on near lowest settings and I have plenty of games on my account that I'm waiting to play.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    I would totally rep for that!

I'm also proud to be part of the statistic that couldn't play the alpha let alone the full game. I need a gaming computer ffs I'm playing fallout new vegas on near lowest settings and I have plenty of games on my account that I'm waiting to play.
    Thanks for the encouragement. Is it alright if I add you as a friend on Steam (similar topic I guess)
    Just because I'm a lazy person: All gaming info is here -> GrimmLAN13

The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble
    I like my coffee black
    Just like my metal

Mindless Self Indulgence

Ghost Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by air_beagle View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement. Is it alright if I add you as a friend on Steam (similar topic I guess)
    Yep, you can add me, though I won't be playing BF3 (trying to stay on topic)

Kiwi Defender

Not surprising at all, to be honest, although I'd love to say I'm not part of that 84% .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

This kinda reminds me of when FFXIV was comming out and they had a similar thing like this happen, though that was just to get the game running normal let alone on the highest settings.

Console gaming is just affordable period.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 7 - Gold

i can most likely play this game high setting in 720p resolution

Lvl 9 - Gold

wow that a big loss for EA and a big win for mw3 i hope they can fix this b4 bf3 realeases. i guess i will keep playing bfc2 on pc to

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    This kinda reminds me of when FFXIV was comming out and they had a similar thing like this happen, though that was just to get the game running normal let alone on the highest settings.

Console gaming is just affordable period.
    PS3 at release: $500.
    40+ games since then, cheapest being $15 = over $700.
    Total spent: Over $1200.

Custom built gaming PC that can play anything on the market at highest settings: $800.

And you can just the games. See the price difference ?

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

lolz @nagflar

well ps3 in australia was 1000 dollars when it first came out
    it was then 500 dollars when they released slim version

i have built myself a custom pc rig but have not pirated any games yet i probably will with the games without multiplayer lol

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by stealthkiller22 View Post
    lolz @nagflar

well ps3 in australia was 1000 dollars when it first came out
    it was then 500 dollars when they released slim version

i have built myself a custom pc rig but have not pirated any games yet i probably will with the games without multiplayer lol
    Well, of course the prices get higher depending on where you live .

If I'm correct, there's a way to play 'd games online, although I'm not sure.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Well, of course the prices get higher depending on where you live .

If I'm correct, there's a way to play 'd games online, although I'm not sure.
    yeah i think there is but the servers are like all hacked ones so not that great lol

INTJ

Keynote Here, "Recommended Specs"

This does not mean Minimum specs. Dice said it themselfs "if you can run bad company 2 you can run BF3"

Minimum Specs:
    PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHZ or Athlonx2 2.7 GHZ)
    MEMORY (RAM): 2 GB
    HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
    GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): 512 MB, DirectX 10.1 Compatible (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 Series with ATI Radeon 3870 performance or higher)
    GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): 512 MB, DirectX 10.0 Compatible (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400, or 500 Series with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Performance or higher)
    SOUND CARD: DirectX Compatible
    KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
    DVD ROM

If you built a minimum specs computer like this today, it would probably cost around 100-300$ depending on what you get.

The Recommended Requirements (which this shitty graph is using as a Borderline You can play-or-not line)

PROCESSOR: Quad Core
    MEMORY (RAM): 4 GB
    HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
    GRAPHICS CARD: 1 GB, DirectX 11 Compatible (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950)
    SOUND CARD: DirectX Compatible
    KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
    DVD ROM

a Radeon 6950 is alone 200$ or so. They are just using the wrong spec sheet (My computer has a 5970 In it and it can run BF3 on Ultra fine.(also why the fuck is my card going for like 600$ or so, is it discontinued or something))

Also some people are still attached to Windows XP/Vista, thats why it's such a big number (Seriously you guys upgrade to win 7 or something jesus)

of course you can't expect console people to have such knowledge about pcs since they never go near one to game. dumb site and dumb article.
    Last edited by Ps360; 09-30-2011 at 01:44 AM.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    That's why I prefer console over pc. I don't have to shell out more money then I already payed just to play a different game every year or so. I payed $400 for my ps3 and I'm not going to pay another $400 ever again
    You got it spot on for me on pc you always be having to tweak settings to get games to run, for me anyway, whereas console u just put the disc in and your'e on your way without no problems.

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Keynote Here, "Recommended Specs"

This does not mean Minimum specs. Dice said it themselfs "if you can run bad company 2 you can run BF3"

Minimum Specs:

If you built a minimum specs computer like this today, it would probably cost around 100-300$ depending on what you get.

The Recommended Requirements (which this shitty graph is using as a Borderline You can play-or-not line)

a Radeon 6950 is alone 200$ or so. They are just using the wrong spec sheet (My computer has a 5970 In it and it can run BF3 on Ultra fine.(also why the fuck is my card going for like 600$ or so, is it discontinued or something))

Also some people are still attached to Windows XP/Vista, thats why it's such a big number (Seriously you guys upgrade to win 7 or something jesus)

of course you can't expect console people to have such knowledge about pcs since they never go near one to game. dumb site and dumb article.
    you get one guy on a twitter post stating that hes not sure,if you can run bfbc2 you may be able to run battlefield 3,and claim thats proof of something.

PRO Member

I'm happy to say that im one of the 16% who could play it on its ultra settings but probably wont as the FPS games just aint my cup of tea. The game does look good and it should do well up against MW3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast