Tips for getting the Air Warfare Ribbon

This is a discussion on Tips for getting the Air Warfare Ribbon within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; This is my last ribbon to achieve and I'm having a bit of trouble with it. First of all I ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Tips for getting the Air Warfare Ribbon

This is my last ribbon to achieve and I'm having a bit of trouble with it.
    First of all I want to make sure that transport helicopters don't count, right?
    So the AH Viper and the Hind count. But do the z-11w and the Little Bird count too?
    A friend who got the plat for the game told me to be the gunner and not the pilot, since he isn't a good flyer. And I think I could be a better gunner too. So I actually want to ask 2 things. Which game mode and map are the most suitable for this ribbon?
    And can you guys give me some tips? For example, should I not completely focus on it untill I have more upgrades? I only have like 2,5k score. Not much yet.
    Thanks in advance.

Banned

I remember spawning in a gunner heli once and I got this ribbon twice in the same game without even trying for it.
    I would give you one if I could.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Not really hard to get the air warfare ribbon. As you already know, its easier to get the ribbon as the gunner of an attack helicopter (although you can do it as the driver too ) but it is also possible to get the ribbon with jets, and scout helicopters. It does NOT count however for transport helicopters as getting kills while in those count towards the transport warfare ribbon.

I've gotten numerous air warfare medals, I would help if I could but I'm fond of using European servers too often since you do live in the Netherlands, at least thats what it says for your location.
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

Lvl 7 - Gold

Does this help you in any way?
    Wake Island, use the AH Viper, be the gunner, and rain hell.
    I'd also probably get a friend to help you be the pilot. So, you can tell him where to go, or if he sees a bunch of guys he can get over there.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

PRO Member

Look for a conquest game with a massive amount of tickets and keep using the jets. Even if you only have the machine gun, taking out choppers is pretty easy, only problem is you dont always get the kill

You just have to get lucky where there aren't many other people on the other team using planes

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I got my ribbon on Gulf of Oman using the Viper. Just look for a high ticket game and keep going for the Viper gunner seat. You will get it soon enough.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Killermachine252 View Post
    Not really hard to get the air warfare ribbon. As you already know, its easier to get the ribbon as the gunner of an attack helicopter (although you can do it as the driver too ) but it is also possible to get the ribbon with jets, and scout helicopters. It does NOT count however for transport helicopters as getting kills while in those count towards the transport warfare ribbon.

I've gotten numerous air warfare medals, I would help if I could but I'm fond of using European servers too often since you do live in the Netherlands, at least thats what it says for your location.
    Yeah that's correct I'm from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post

Does this help you in any way?
    Wake Island, use the AH Viper, be the gunner, and rain hell.
    I'd also probably get a friend to help you be the pilot. So, you can tell him where to go, or if he sees a bunch of guys he can get over there.
    Looks pretty easy, but it takes a while before the enemy team realise a stinger takes down a helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    Look for a conquest game with a massive amount of tickets and keep using the jets. Even if you only have the machine gun, taking out choppers is pretty easy, only problem is you dont always get the kill

You just have to get lucky where there aren't many other people on the other team using planes
    I think I should do that. I mostly play HC on the DICE servers but they just have 100% tickets.
    I only hope I don't get DC-ed.

Quote Originally Posted by JL3Eleven View Post
    I got my ribbon on Gulf of Oman using the Viper. Just look for a high ticket game and keep going for the Viper gunner seat. You will get it soon enough.
    I think I would love that map, but I need to buy premium first
    Hopefully soon

Thanks for the help guys!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thanks for starting this thread Mr.Costari I was also looking for this ribbon (but I need all the transport ribbons! lol). Some great tips I'm going to try next time I'm on

Administrator

Find a server with 5x ticket count on conquest. Jump in the aircraft and try to get heat seeking rockets and keep flying around. You should get it after 1/2 a round of just focusing on this.

Lvl 4 - Silver

OMG I just got this ribbon 2 times in the same match! Almost 3 times, but we got killed by a javelin and then another dude took the Viper
    He wasn't as good as my pilot who was really really! And so we died quickly. After I respawned I DC-ed.
    I think I've almost made 15 kills, because in our 2nd run I got combat efficieny 2 times, so I must have been close to it.
    We were losing anyway and I've to go to dinner almost so it's not a big deal but if we could get the Viper again we could have made more kills for sure.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quick question...I got the stationary emplacement ribbon during a game of Conquest, which in turn got me promoted. However, halfway through the game my PS3 froze and I obviously had to turn it off. Will this ribbon and promotion be saved or is it lost for all eternity?

Lvl 8 - Gold

1) Play with a friend who is a good pilot.

2) Join a match with an attack helicopter. (Kharg Island is a good one.)

3) Sit in the gunner seat.

4) Destroy the enemy team.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy3112 View Post
    Quick question...I got the stationary emplacement ribbon during a game of Conquest, which in turn got me promoted. However, halfway through the game my PS3 froze and I obviously had to turn it off. Will this ribbon and promotion be saved or is it lost for all eternity?
    You will have it, but you might have to wait till the game you played in has ended then all the stats will be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    1) Play with a friend who is a good pilot.

2) Join a match with an attack helicopter. (Kharg Island is a good one.)

3) Sit in the gunner seat.

4) Destroy the enemy team.
    Read first...
    2 posts above you...

Lvl 9 - Gold

the Z11 and little bird count they were the best way to get it IMO but they got a few patches i think since i have played BF3 best bet is if you have a buddy who is good at flying helis just gun for them and conquest is the best way.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Waystedyou View Post
    the Z11 and little bird count they were the best way to get it IMO but they got a few patches i think since i have played BF3 best bet is if you have a buddy who is good at flying helis just gun for them and conquest is the best way.
    Yes, as many told before. I lock this thread now, before it turns into a infinite loop thread.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Do I need to make a reply to lock?