Online pass not included with my new copy of BF3.

This is a discussion on Online pass not included with my new copy of BF3. within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; First off. has this happened to anyone before? Secondly, If I contact Ea do you think they will give me ...

PRO Member

Online pass not included with my new copy of BF3.

First off. has this happened to anyone before? Secondly, If I contact Ea do you think they will give me a code or am I going to have to end up buying one?

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Death is Awaiting....

You can attempt to contact EA, but I highly doubt they'll give you one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Bring the receipt to where you bought it and show you did not get one. Thats why I always open in the store, because best buy always tries to scam me. They did with MADDEN 11 and I opened it outside, and when I brought it back in and yelled they all got red faced. Either way, you might as well trade it in, get refund, and buy another copy of it.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare

PRO Member

It was the only copy. They were going to give me the code from another one but didn't have one.

PRO Member

take it back snake. you paid for the product and if it is a new copy they are required to give you the online pass if it was supposed to be included in the package.

THIS AWESOME AVY BY THE ONE AND ONLY KID420247
    THE EPIC SIG CREATED BY djunglist
    SUPPORT THE TA-TA'S RIBBON THANKS TO BEAM

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    Bring the receipt to where you bought it and show you did not get one. Thats why I always open in the store, because best buy always tries to scam me. They did with MADDEN 11 and I opened it outside, and when I brought it back in and yelled they all got red faced. Either way, you might as well trade it in, get refund, and buy another copy of it.
    This is very true but best buy isn't the only place this has happened to me I open it all my games and movies and the register because of this, i've had games for over 3 months without opening and ill never get a refund for..

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    It was the only copy. They were going to give me the code from another one but didn't have one.
    It's the retailer's obligation to provide the online pass. Contacting EA will achieve nothing.

Chances are the sales staff have taken it home and put their grubby hands all over your disc and used your Online Pass.

Take it back. Ask to speak with a Manager and stick it to him if he refuses an exchange or refund. You've paid cold hard cash for a product they haven't delivered and it's his staff and his store at fault.

Lesson learned - never buy a game from retail unless it's factory-sealed in shrink-wrap. If the store won't do it, buy online - they all do it and the games are cheaper.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

It's the retailers' fault. Trust me, EA are the worst company to deal with when you have problems. I got more help from a brick wall.

Change is good

Go to the retailer as EA has nothing to do with it. Demand the pass or just get a refund. Pretty shitty thing to happen though

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    It's the retailer's obligation to provide the online pass. Contacting EA will achieve nothing.

Chances are the sales staff have taken it home and put their grubby hands all over your disc and used your Online Pass.

Take it back. Ask to speak with a Manager and stick it to him if he refuses an exchange or refund. You've paid cold hard cash for a product they haven't delivered and it's his staff and his store at fault.

Lesson learned - never buy a game from retail unless it's factory-sealed in shrink-wrap. If the store won't do it, buy online - they all do it and the games are cheaper.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Don't let yourself get ripped off man. EA won't do shit but tell you to take it back to retailer.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

I have got it sorted out and I am going to close thread now. I'm downloading the updates now and will be online in a little while.

I didn't get anywere with ea. They told me to take a picture of the receipt and post it to the ea site so the manager could verify that it was indeed a new copy.

One more thing this is the first time in over 2 years of buying ps3 games that I have had this kind of problem.

PRO Member

Closing now...........