Dice wants to ban people who removes the Post Processing from BF3

This is a discussion on Dice wants to ban people who removes the Post Processing from BF3 within the Battlefield 3 forum, part of the B; DICE threatens permanent bans for users of color-editing Battlefield 3 mod | News, Videos | PC Gamer Tinkering Battlefield 3 ...

INTJ

Dice wants to ban people who removes the Post Processing from BF3

DICE threatens permanent bans for users of color-editing Battlefield 3 mod | News, Videos | PC Gamer

Tinkering Battlefield 3 soldiers released a mod today allowing tweaks to the displayed color levels, with the most dramatic result involving the suffusion of the pervasive blue-tinged gradient into supposedly more natural colors. The sample photo album and comparison video definitely show a stark difference between stock and modified visuals, but when asked for his input on the mod, Battlefield 3 gameplay designer Gustav Halling said it was “too colorful” and warned of possible permanent bans for users.

“[It's] too colorful,” Halling tweeted. “Also, I wouldn’t use those hacks if you don’t want a permanent ban on your account. FYI warning.”

A few posters on a reddit thread discussing the mod claim they’ve already met bans for using the program. Although the notion of DICE hefting its ban-hammer over Battlefield 3 becoming too colorful seems absurd on the surface, the company is clearly adamant about protecting the competitive standards set in the unmodified game, where filters and gradients could potentially figure into each map’s overall balance.

What this evil disasterous mod does

The only sane person here

This is honestly too much, getting banned just cause the people changed the textures/colors. Makes me glad I didn't bother playing this game.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Although the color looks nice and all, I wouldn't like to be playing BF3 with it on. The colors might become a distraction for me. I do disagree with DICE though for threatening the banhammer openly about this, but I can sort of see their reasoning behind it as they want people to have the same visuals available to everyone and not have a mod give them a possible (but maybe not game-breaking) advantage over other players that do not have it on. Its just precautionary measures to protect their game I guess.
    MyAnimeList: Killermachine252 | Sword Art Online <3
    Expand Platcard to see my entire Sword Art Online signature below it

You Know You Love Me

I know this sounds weird, but by making the colours more realistic, they seem to have made the game look less realistic =/

I prefer the stock colouring

Gotham's Reckoning

Personally I think the modified visual looks awful and just doesn't suit the game at all.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 9 - Gold

It looks alot better in some maps in others it looks worse, but generally the sky always looks alot better with it on.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I actually read about this a few weeks ago, wasn't this a colour blind guy who needed the hacks?

Anyways, I would want to get rid of that crappy Brown and bloom too.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.